+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach - Try something different the next two weeks!

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Coach - Try something different the next two weeks!

Dear Coach Holtz,
    I'm bored with Tech football. Do something different the next two weeks since we are playing against U of T teams that frankly are just not very good. Start Elliot in QB. Start Allen in QB. Rotate them in and out. Let them flip a coin to see who takes the snap on the next series, I don't care how you do it.

What do you have to lose? The Tech fanbase is already gone for the year. I think the Defense is on the verge of forming a players union. The guys on offense apparently don't like each other. I have even heard their mamas don't like each other.

I had plans last week to call the Tech ticket office and inquire about a package of tickets for a church group coming to the UTEP/Homecoming game. Probably just 8-12, not a lot of tickets but a group that actually has some Tech alumni who have not been to any games in a consistent manner in years. My hope was to get them to a game to enjoy our tailgate and the good gameday atmosphere at Joe Aillet Stadium. After this past Saturday, and honestly the past nine home games stretching back to last year, I'm not going to do that. Not going to waste my time. I'm busy enough.

The QB isn't the only problem on this team, it never is with any football program. From where I and others sit in the south end of the CC section on the west side I know what I saw and it was #10 and #13 standing together on the sideline when UAB scored the final time. They both just hung their heads and looked at the ground for a while. It's demoralizing enough in the stands, i can't imagine what its like to be standing where they are.

I'm sorry #8 is in the situation he is in. He spent a lot of time running for his life this past Saturday but after 19 starts, give him a rest. Give us all a rest and just do something different. This is boring and not fun to watch and it isn't worth the price of admission for me or anyone else.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Coach - Try something different the next two weeks!

Skip Holtz is acting like a CEO of a struggling C-corp: managing quarter by quarter, do enough to keep shareholders "happy" or at least "content." Get that next dividend paid out, and worry about next quarter....next quarter.

For Holtz, he has seen what it takes to keep Tech Nation "happy" and "content" and that is bowl eligible. He looks at the 12-game schedule and schemes to get to 6 wins, at least. A couple more wins, 8, is better! but 6 gets the job done. He is halfway to the magic number. UTSA represents another chance to get a road win. It is a tough 7-game road slate, so stealing a couple of wins, maybe even THREE, helps to overcome the predictable, inevitable WTF home screw-ups. He has to think that even he won't blow the home dates vs. UTEP and Rice....probably. But Holtz is smart enough to know that despite their 1-4 record, WKU actually can play some football. He's not so sure he can get that one. So, he needs another road win and UTSA, in comparison to FAU, Moo State, and USM, represents his best shot at it.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

The funny thing is that Holtz won’t play our supposed 2nd string backup QB when he has to make a change.

When J’Mar lost his helmet and had to come out, Skip send in Nate Cox! I watched the sidelines. Westin was standing there. Is skip afraid playing a better QB might hurt his rockstars feelings?

No the only way we get a QB change is if Smith is hurt or sick. Since he won’t run the ball and plays “safe”, I think we are stuck. BTW anyone else notice that even with all the injuries we seem to get every year J’Mar is never injured enough to miss a game. Every other position player on the team has missed at least one game because of injuries (75 last year!) except J’Mar...hmm...

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Skip Holtz is acting like a CEO of a struggling C-corp: managing quarter by quarter, do enough to keep shareholders "happy" or at least "content." Get that next dividend paid out, and worry about next quarter....next quarter.

For Holtz, he has seen what it takes to keep Tech Nation "happy" and "content" and that is bowl eligible. He looks at the 12-game schedule and schemes to get to 6 wins, at least. A couple more wins, 8, is better! but 6 gets the job done. He is halfway to the magic number. UTSA represents another chance to get a road win. It is a tough 7-game road slate, so stealing a couple of wins, maybe even THREE, helps to overcome the predictable, inevitable WTF home screw-ups. He has to think that even he won't blow the home dates vs. UTEP and Rice....probably. But Holtz is smart enough to know that despite their 1-4 record, WKU actually can play some football. He's not so sure he can get that one. So, he needs another road win and UTSA, in comparison to FAU, Moo State, and USM, represents his best shot at it.
    If you have to scheme to get to 6 wins in CUSA, I can't help you.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I can’t imagine that Holtz isn’t feeling it. It being the fan base’s disappointment with J’Mar and the team as a whole although not so much with the defense. The thing is the fan base is not that far Remington the players. They have eyes, they have ears, they know what’s going on, they most definitely know better than the fans what’s wrong with the offense.

It’s only a hunch but I suspect the only people on the ‘stick’ with J’Mar squad are Holtz & J’Mar. the eyeball test from behind the bench is that J’Mar is on an island. He doesn’t associate with his offensive counter parts and they don’t associate with him. It sure seems like there are some bad feelings for some reason. Maybe it’s just that the guys have lost confidence in him... maybe they’ve seen Elliot perform better in practice.

I fear Holtz having declared J’Mar a ‘rockstar’ is getting in the way of him making a head coach decision. That’s a horrible catch phrase for a QB anyway. Rockstars get by on their celebrity. Tech doesn’t need a celebrity QB, they need a guy who call throw the ball on target and to run with some desire when necessary.

Holtz is the captain of the ship so it’s his job to right it before it hits bottom, we’re already taking on water.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Doesnt matter who the QB is unless they re-evaluate what they are running on offense. They werent prepared. The best plays I can recall were when Smith extended on his own, Smith made that long pass, and when Cox handed the ball off. Nothing they typically called was really working well, Smith hardly had any time. Another issue washe seemed to forget how to throw the ball away.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    If you have to scheme to get to 6 wins in CUSA, I can't help you.
    Were you planning to help me, er, Holtz?

6 wins in CUSA? Throw in a bottom-feeder in the Belch and a SWACer!!! He only needs 4 wins in CUSA.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Were you planning to help me, er, Holtz?

6 wins in CUSA? Throw in a bottom-feeder in the Belch and a SWACer!!! He only needs 4 wins in CUSA.
    Too true!

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Doesnt matter who the QB is unless they re-evaluate what they are running on offense. They werent prepared. The best plays I can recall were when Smith extended on his own, Smith made that long pass, and when Cox handed the ball off. Nothing they typically called was really working well, Smith hardly had any time. Another issue washe seemed to forget how to throw the ball away.
    How many rollout passes were called? none

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    How many rollout passes were called? none
    Every pass was a rollout since the pocket collapsed before the snap.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Sigh! Thanks for the correction.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe J’Mar should go out for basketball. He throws great bounce passes.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    By the second half there was little reason to leave Smith to perform plays in place like he had previous two weeks. There was no time. If he had planned to be moving from the go, MAYBE he could have gotten a few more completions. But they seemed to have him set.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    The funny thing is that Holtz won’t play our supposed 2nd string backup QB when he has to make a change.

When J’Mar lost his helmet and had to come out, Skip send in Nate Cox! I watched the sidelines. Westin was standing there. Is skip afraid playing a better QB might hurt his rockstars feelings?

No the only way we get a QB change is if Smith is hurt or sick. Since he won’t run the ball and plays “safe”, I think we are stuck. BTW anyone else notice that even with all the injuries we seem to get every year J’Mar is never injured enough to miss a game. Every other position player on the team has missed at least one game because of injuries (75 last year!) except J’Mar...hmm...
    You do know JMar had knee surgery after last year's season right? Playing hurt equals toughness, grit.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

I really feel like this is an LSU forum. Is there anything positive that anyone sees in this football team? And it is a team you know, one single unit with 11 moving parts.

+ Reply to Thread