+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach - Try something different the next two weeks!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: Coach - Try something different the next two weeks!

Tulsa just lost because they couldnt make a first down. Run, Run on first and second down. Aweful.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Tulsa just lost because they couldnt make a first down. Run, Run on first and second down. Aweful.
    Cheap call for roughing the passer. The Refs were corrupt.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Good teams find a way to win, even when they aren’t playing well.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Cheap call for roughing the passer. The Refs were corrupt.
    Definitely gave USF the “push” they desperately needed at that point.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Good teams find a way to win, even when they aren’t playing well.
    Lousy teams find ways to lose games.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Doesnt matter who the QB is unless they re-evaluate what they are running on offense. They werent prepared. The best plays I can recall were when Smith extended on his own, Smith made that long pass, and when Cox handed the ball off. Nothing they typically called was really working well, Smith hardly had any time. Another issue washe seemed to forget how to throw the ball away.
    The OL was ineffective for whatever reason after being pretty solid prior to the UAB debacle.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    It’s not.
    There isn’t much, and we aren’t going to highlight it after an embarrassing loss that happened because of horrible coaching and subpar QB play.
    The team played like it didn’t care and the game didn’t matter.

Next question
    It was poor OL execution. Everything else that went wrong was a direct result of that. The defense played well enough for Tech to win.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Did you see the Tech-UAB game Saturday? I mean, did you actually SEE IT? It was the ugliest offensive performance by Tech in Ruston since the late 1970's. No exaggeration. I think you have to go all the way back to the Larry Beightol year of 1979 to find a performance this bad. Of course, back then LA Tech had an administration with balls, and they fired Beightol before the last game of that season.
    Frankly, I thought it the worst offensive performance I have ever seen from any team, not just our Dawgs.

Tech's first three plays were great when we went 32 yards for a TD. I had a Pavlov's dog reaction, salivating and thought this will be easy, which is a bad omen. I immediately tried and continued to try to take the thought back but, alas, I failed. I accept full responsibility for our defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Really makes you wonder what we might see this weekend. How are we favored by 13?
    I seldom make predictions, however I do make an occasional wager (never against our team). Last I heard the line had moved to Tech by 11. I think we cover the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    I stopped yesterday at the E-Z Mart on 167 South in Ruston. One of the "locals" was hangin out and asked me on the way back to my truck if I knew what was wrong with the Bulldogs after last Saturday night?
    We then had a 15 minute conversation about football, coaching including how to build a staff, player development and a little about Sunday school teaching. He led the discussion. He follows the Dogs and goes to the games (walks there and when he can catch a ride if it's bad weather.) His main conclusion among many, was that HCSH has to delegate more and trust his staff. Trust in his staff is like trusting himself. Failure to do so is an indication he doesn't believe in what he has built. HCSH lacks confidence in his program. His players and staff sense that in him.

Stunning. A guy who is hanging out at the E-Z Mart and walks to Tech and Grambling games made about as much sense as anyone in analyzing our football program.

I gave the guy ten dollars because he is a little down on his luck right now. Our AD should take the five minute drive to the south side of town and hire him as a consultant.
    Remember that his opinion, though well thought out, is with little information and purely speculative. Many on this board were really high on the Dawgs after the two games prior to last Saturday's debacle. That was an overreaction, also. Team sports are odd that way. I was encouraged, but not overly so.

I think our team will be fine. No, I am not a sunshine pumper so don't label me as such. Any one who knows me also knows that. But, I have not given up on this edition of the football Dawgs and am quite sure the players and coaches have not, either.

Sounds like something our post game show guy would say.
    Name names

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    According to some local radio media you're all just a bunch of delusional complainers. Holtz is doing the best job of building a competitive program of any coach since the move to D1 and there has been no time in our history where we have been as successful as we are now. Proof is 4 straight "everybody goes bowling" bowl appearances. Also, it's delusional to expect to win a CUSA Championship every 5 years.
    Your interpretation is inaccurately slanted, IMHO

well this lets Holtz off the hook.
    Not my point. In fact, there was no point - only an observation as I was perusing BBB.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    The OL was ineffective for whatever reason after being pretty solid prior to the UAB debacle.
    It was ineffective because our HC was determined to beat 7 of their guys with 5 or our guys in the trenches the whole game. It's that simple.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

It's a matter of disposition imo. If you coach to try to keep what we have (conservative) rather than to take what we want (aggressive), the players pick up on this. Offense must be called in such a way that we are attempting to score touchdowns on every possession. If that's not Holtz's disposition, our players will assume the same disposition.

+ Reply to Thread