+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Coach - Try something different the next two weeks!

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Coach - Try something different the next two weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I will always be a Tech man 100%. That won’t ever change. That doesn’t keep me from seeing the obvious though. If you look at the NFL talent that we’ve pumped out of this school over the last 6 years, and then look at what’s been done with it, it’s pretty eye opening. I’ve posted this before, but it’s worth repeating. In 2015, we had Driskel, a 5 star QB and NFL player behind center. Paul Turner, Carlos Henderson and Trent Taylor at the WR position. All of them NFL players. Kenneth Dixon and Boston Scott in at RB, both NFL players, and Dixon being one of the best we’ve ever had. On defense we had Vernon Butler, remember him? Oh, and X-Man @ corner, both NFL players. I’m sure I’m missing somebody. How many other teams in this league can boast of being THAT LOADED? We still crapped the bed...at home, and lost the championship to a lesser team. If Holtz can’t win in this league with that kind of talent, I don’t think he ever will. You can call me a hater or whatever in the H-E double hockey sticks you want to call me, but the facts don’t lie.
    We were loaded and did make it to the championship game (if that matters). It is VERY debatable that we were the better team in that game though. WKU finished 12-2 and ranked #24 in the nation. You call Driskel "a 5 star QB", but you could easily call him "garbage who was run out of Florida as a loser" and humbled himself to finish up at La Tech where the coaching staff redeemed his reputation to give him a shot in the NFL again. It's all about perspective. Usually the winner of this league finishes around the Top 25 if not in it.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Nevermind... you were talking about the 2015 USM game at home preventing another championship game for Tech. They were probably equal with us but blew us out at home... so that was a bad loss. Their "3 star QB" was much better than our "5 star QB" though... imo (at least that day). And I agree that their coach was better than our coach.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Driskel was never garbage. He was playing under the great and wonderful offensive mind of Will Muschamp. It’s a testament to just how good he was to survive those years and still manage to salvage his career at Tech and be drafted into the NFL. You can however apply the word garbage to Muschamp, who couldn’t win @ Florida. That’s when you know you’re garbage.

I agree, it was a bad offense for Driskel, but the Florida fans did think he was garbage and were glad to see him leave. I think he was even riding the pine his last year at Florida. He would not be in the NFL without Skip Holtz though.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Well after two weeks I saw something different. A trick play with J’mar scoring in the fourth quarter yesterday.

.....that’s about it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

If nothing else we are consistent.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    Well after two weeks I saw something different. A trick play with J’mar scoring in the fourth quarter yesterday.

.....that’s about it.
    I feel like thatd been useful in at least one instance earlier in the year.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The reference to a trick play...

He was likely COMMANDED to pull the ball and run with it. He could have done that a dozen times this year and it would have worked. It has worked for positive yards the 5 times he has run it.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The reference to a trick play...

He was likely COMMANDED to pull the ball and run with it. He could have done that a dozen times this year and it would have worked. It has worked for positive yards the 5 times he has run it.
    I think Holtz said it was Jmar’s read/decision to take it himself. If you want to believe that its up to you.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I think Holtz said it was Jmar’s read/decision to take it himself. If you want to believe that its up to you.
    At this point, I choose to believe that Holtz orders J’Mar’s Chick Fil A for him. Choosing to keep instead of handoff is way harder than choosing 3 strips or 4.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Why would anybody get strips?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Why would anybody get strips?
    I don’t know. The spicy deluxe is my go-to.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post

.....that’s about it.
    True! And if you dig around here somewhere on BB&B, you'll find a post somewhere where I've been recommending running more "play-action bootleg pass/run option plays". Its just common sense against some of these weak-ass opponents we face every week.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I agree, it was a bad offense for Driskel, but the Florida fans did think he was garbage and were glad to see him leave. I think he was even riding the pine his last year at Florida. He would not be in the NFL without Skip Holtz though.
    FIFY

I agree, it was a bad offense for Driskel, but the Florida fans did think he was garbage and were glad to see him leave. I think he was even riding the pine his last year at Florida. He made to the NFL, in spite of, Skip Holtz though.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Driskel was never garbage. He was playing under the great and wonderful offensive mind of Will Muschamp. It’s a testament to just how good he was to survive those years and still manage to salvage his career at Tech and be drafted into the NFL. You can however apply the word garbage to Muschamp, who couldn’t win @ Florida. That’s when you know you’re garbage.
    Driskel played tonight against KC in mop duty. 4 for 4, 39 yards. Nice start to his career.

+ Reply to Thread