+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UTSA's Fake Cannon

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: UTSA's Fake Cannon

Such cannons can be handled safely, if the crew knows what it's doing. I am (or was) a Civil War reenactor and have been around some big guns. At the 1994 Franklin, Tenn. event (130th anniversary) there were nearly 100 cannons on the field, among 12,000 reenactors and a like number of spectators. No one got hurt during the 3-day event. No telling how many cannon blasts....many thousands in total...there were. The ground shakes from the concussion of the guns...they use 1 pound of black powder each time...car alarms in the spectator parking lot, more than a mile away, were going off!

In a stadium, even an outdoor stadium, like JAS, they would scale back the powder, to a 1/2 pound or less. It would still be plenty loud. But, point is, those reenactors who handle big guns know what they're doing, they train, they follow very regimented procedures all designed to be safe.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Speaking of silly things that schools do, I won’t ever forget the “300” scene for the Boise game. I finally talked one of my friends into coming to the game with me with his family. He still brings that up every time he sees me.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

This is where we fight!!! This is where they DIE....laughing !!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Speaking of silly things that schools do, I won’t ever forget the “300” scene for the Boise game. I finally talked one of my friends into coming to the game with me with his family. He still brings that up every time he sees me.
    Well...maybe it didn't quite work out the way they planned it, but it wasn't a bad idea. The concept was a core of fans, stout, never-say-die fans who would stand and cheer together, for 60 minutes. We should invite innovative ways to get our students, our fans involved. We need it now, more than ever! JAS is dead. Holtz & Smith have killed the enthusiasm. We need something.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Well...maybe it didn't quite work out the way they planned it, but it wasn't a bad idea. The concept was a core of fans, stout, never-say-die fans who would stand and cheer together, for 60 minutes. We should invite innovative ways to get our students, our fans involved. We need it now, more than ever! JAS is dead. Holtz & Smith have killed the enthusiasm. We need something.
    Get a few drinks in HogDawg, give him a sword, shield and a mic and let’s see what happens.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Maybe not the worst thing that ever happened at JAS, but definitely in the top (bottom) 10.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Here are my not so good stuff I witness in JAS.
    • Blue football signage on the south endzone grassy hill (later mounted on the top railing of the stadium and eventually removed).
    • The "300".
    • Willie Wonka BOP show
    • Ruston Police arresting fans rushing the field
    • As always, students/frats leaving at halftime
    • Endzone paw print design (I give Dooley props on updating it to shoulder stripes, it's unique and not copied by anyone)

I liked the paw print better

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I liked the paw print better
    Really?

pawprints.jpg

Yes, really.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Looks like a high school.

Clemson has a paw print at the 50, and a paw print for the O in "Clemson." So, yeah, never mind, we better stick to the "shoulder stripe" in the EZ, no way do we want to be associated with a program that actually WINS! That's not who we are.

Clemson has a paw print at the 50, and a paw print for the O in "Clemson." So, yeah, never mind, we better stick to the "shoulder stripe" in the EZ, no way do we want to be associated with a program that actually WINS! That's not who we are.
    I don't get this logic. Are you saying we should have the paw prints in the endzone to associate ourselves with Clemson? I don't think that is how it works.

No, you don't get it...

that's okay, try to focus on other things.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Here are my not so good stuff I witness in JAS.
    • Blue football signage on the south endzone grassy hill (later mounted on the top railing of the stadium and eventually removed).
    • The "300".
    • Willie Wonka BOP show
    • Ruston Police arresting fans rushing the field
    • As always, students/frats leaving at halftime
    • Endzone paw print design (I give Dooley props on updating it to shoulder stripes, it's unique and not copied by anyone)
    I will only add: garbage cans full of booze confiscated by Ruston cops during a nlu game.

+ Reply to Thread