+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Secure are the Sideline Signals?

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

How Secure are the Sideline Signals?

I just read an article on Twitter about how the Tennessee coaching staff knew what Auburn was running on offense on about every play. They caught the coaches signaling to the defense on tape exactly what plays Auburn was about to run. The article states they knew by tendencies, personnel substitutions and signals just what was about to happen.

Gus Malzhan stated they couldn't get a run game going. The article sates that Auburn did not use the middle of the field in the passing game. Does all of this sound familiar? It raises the question do our opponents know our signals, tendencies and player substitutions well enough to beat us?

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Re: How Secure are the Sideline Signals?

I don't know about how secure our offensive signals are, but I don't think teams need to be able to steal our signals. Our offense is too predictable and does not use half the field or all of our positions. For example, linebackers don't have to be concerned with routes over the middle. Linebackers don't have to be concerned with covering a Tight End. (Does Skip even know a Tight End is eligible?) Thus, they are free to stuff the run. The defensive backs don't have to cover the middle, or downfield. Just cover the sidelines and passes to the backfield.
    Go Tech!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

If our signals are not secure then we're wasting a couple of good bed sheets to surround our coaches with during their transmissions.

Now, tendancies? All coaching staffs are on their own.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I am sure that every team knows our tendencies on offense.

We run a slow read option that is a running play 90% of the time.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I know Skip calls the offensive plays, I assume Todd Fitch designs them?

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

He may have in 2007 when he was with Skip at ECU. Not sure if he has any input now, when asked about suggesting plays to Skip he said " what's the use" very telling to me .

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    I am sure that every team knows our tendencies on offense.

We run a slow read option that is a running play 90% of the time.
    Here's a few guys. Feel free to add some.

1) If we are hurrying to line up/quick hike the ball on 3rd and short, we are running the ball every single time.

2) If we are ahead in the 4th quarter, we will run the ball the first two plays of a series and then pass on third down.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Skip is envious of your play calling.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else remember Gary Patterson, TCU, accusing Dykes of stealing TCU's signals in the 2012 Poinsettia Bowl? He was butt-hurt because they were behind at halftime. Funny thing, Patterson hired Dykes after he was fired by Cal. I guess he wanted to pick his brain on the fine art of signal stealing.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Anyone else remember Gary Patterson, TCU, accusing Dykes of stealing TCU's signals in the 2012 Poinsettia Bowl? He was butt-hurt because they were behind at halftime. Funny thing, Patterson hired Dykes after he was fired by Cal. I guess he wanted to pick his brain on the fine art of signal stealing.
    That's a pattern with Patterson. He is a sore loser even before he loses.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

GREAT TO KNOW BBB IS SO MUCH BETTER INFORMED THAN OUR 10 COACHS-- THIS WHOLE THREAD IS BS -- WE THREW THE BALL 36 TIMES AND RAN IT 38 TIMES . 10 WRS CAUGHT PASSES -- I WILL NEVER QUIT MY DOGS UNLESS THEY HIRE ONE OF YOU GUYS AS A COACH-- THE MISREPRESENTATION ON THIS THREAD IS PRETTY FUNNY--

WE ARE #4 IN OFFENSE IN CONFERENCE AND ABOUT TO PLAY 2 TEAMS THAT ARE VERY WEAK-- THAT SHOULD BUMP US UP BUT DESPITE THE UTEP HORRIBLE RANKING THEY LOST TO NT BY ONLY A FG -- WE SCORED 21 POINTS IN A ROW AGAINST LSU --

what part of a Twitter article POSTed BY THE TEAM THAT FIGURED OUT PLAYS IN ADVANCE SHARING THEIR EXPERTISE TO FUTURE OPPONENTS--REALLY?? twitter and releasing game advantage -- duh--Amos, have you heard of game film?? Diaz was a Genius at film study and any solid coach worth a dime prepares all week for certain formations-- I can predict half the upcoming calls both teams - veal next for first down next hardy - bingo- bingo . what we do better than most teams is throw to 10 wrs .
    Yeah, UAB was pathetic but Dancy out and Tucker hurt early .. transfer fumbled 2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    GREAT TO KNOW BBB IS SO MUCH BETTER INFORMED THAN OUR 10 COACHS-- THIS WHOLE THREAD IS BS -- WE THREW THE BALL 36 TIMES AND RAN IT 38 TIMES . 10 WRS CAUGHT PASSES -- I WILL NEVER QUIT MY DOGS UNLESS THEY HIRE ONE OF YOU GUYS AS A COACH-- THE MISREPRESENTATION ON THIS THREAD IS PRETTY FUNNY--

WE ARE #4 IN OFFENSE IN CONFERENCE AND ABOUT TO PLAY 2 TEAMS THAT ARE VERY WEAK-- THAT SHOULD BUMP US UP BUT DESPITE THE UTEP HORRIBLE RANKING THEY LOST TO NT BY ONLY A FG -- WE SCORED 21 POINTS IN A ROW AGAINST LSU --

what part of a Twitter article POSTed BY THE TEAM THAT FIGURED OUT PLAYS IN ADVANCE SHARING THEIR EXPERTISE TO FUTURE OPPONENTS--REALLY?? twitter and releasing game advantage -- duh--Amos, have you heard of game film?? Diaz was a Genius at film study and any solid coach worth a dime prepares all week for certain formations-- I can predict half the upcoming calls both teams - veal next for first down next hardy - bingo- bingo . what we do better than most teams is throw to 10 wrs .
    Yeah, UAB was pathetic but Dancy out and Tucker hurt early .. transfer fumbled 2 times
    I don't know where to begin to respond, so I will just sigh.....247 Sports posted this, not Tennessee. And maybe since you can predict half the upcoming calls, maybe you should be the coach. Ours obviously can't.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you can run the play perfectly, it doesn't matter if they know it's coming.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    If you can run the play perfectly, it doesn't matter if they know it's coming.
    Now that is a fact and an old time coaching quote at that!

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

I guess there's one trigger signal out of a bunch given; The trigger would need to be changed every week....

+ Reply to Thread