+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Secure are the Sideline Signals?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: How Secure are the Sideline Signals?

It has nothing to do with signals -

I watched the UAB with a local highschool coach who happens to be the top Asst at the winningest public hs in the state - he knew basicallty every play Tech was trying to run each time - he was perplexed by the middle of the 3rd when we basically refused to change our offensive strategy and take advantage of the middle of the field that UAB was daring us to do

That said he was highly impressed with Tech's defense and Baker's growth as a DC over the last 3 years - as he told me - they should of sued Skip for non-support, cause even he could tell Skip was dialing up every play on offense and overriding suggestions from the booth
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Oh, Dwayne....shame, shame. You and that obviously delusional HS coach will not be included in D65's ever shrinking circle of friends.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Oh, Dwayne....shame, shame. You and that obviously delusional HS coach will not be included in D65's ever shrinking circle of friends.
    This …

DFM's coach friend obviously hates Tech.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I’ll have to say, Baker has definitely grown as a defensive coordinator. Now that he’s worth having, he’ll get hired away. Hopefully we will keep him a few more years and he’ll continue to get better.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I’ll have to say, Baker has definitely grown as a defensive coordinator. Now that he’s worth having, he’ll get hired away. Hopefully we will keep him a few more years and he’ll continue to get better.
    If he keeps recruiting Amik and Jaylon types, he is definitely worth having!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    If he keeps recruiting Amik and Jaylon types, he is definitely worth having!
    I think Jabberjaw Jukebox recruited them.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    GREAT TO KNOW BBB IS SO MUCH BETTER INFORMED THAN OUR 10 COACHS-- THIS WHOLE THREAD IS BS.
    D65. While I appreciate your enthusiasm, just understand that Skip came out after the UAB game and stated that it was his fault because he had been outcoached. You often defend him when even he admits he screwed up.

As Dwayne stated, we have former players, current and retired high schools coaches, even people with current and past NFL ties sitting in the stands in JAS during games. Are they better informed than our coaches? I don't know.

But if someone gave me just 5 in the box, doubled the receivers on the outside and left the middle of the field open I wouldn't have done what Skip did to try to overcome it. Then again, Skip said after the game he was simply outcoached and took responsibility.

You are trying to defend what even our head coach admits he can't defend.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I just read an article on Twitter about how the Tennessee coaching staff knew what Auburn was running on offense on about every play. They caught the coaches signaling to the defense on tape exactly what plays Auburn was about to run. The article states they knew by tendencies, personnel substitutions and signals just what was about to happen.

Gus Malzhan stated they couldn't get a run game going. The article sates that Auburn did not use the middle of the field in the passing game. Does all of this sound familiar? It raises the question do our opponents know our signals, tendencies and player substitutions well enough to beat us?
    I don't think we've been the victim of stolen signals this year, but it has happened to our program in the fairly recent past. A player from Idaho told their radio network on the postgame show after our 2011 game that they were able to easily know what we were running. We entered the game 1-4 with 3 heart breaking losses. And barely escaped with a 24-11 win over what became a 2-win team.

Sonny picked up the phone after the team got back to Ruston and asked Rob Akey what we were doing wrong. It was actually a combination of signals and formations that tipped off much of our offense. We made changes and ended up reeling off 6 more wins en route to the 2011 WAC championship.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    If you can run the play perfectly, it doesn't matter if they know it's coming.
    Except the zone-read. If the QB rarely keeps the ball, the opposite side DE, who is unblocked, will frequently crash down the line.
    It's really amazing to me that it ever works.

There's a reason that the option play died over 20 years ago, boring and under-manned offenses can't be successful at it.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Except the zone-read. If the QB rarely keeps the ball, the opposite side DE, who is unblocked, will frequently crash down the line.
    It's really amazing to me that it ever works.

There's a reason that the option play died over 20 years ago, boring and under-manned offenses can't be successful at it.
    The failure of the zone read is because the QB doesn’t make the right read or isn’t athletic enough to beat the DE. And you’re right, I don’t know why people that play us don’t have their hands on the back before he gets the ball. The option went out of style not because it stopped working, but because you can’t recruit really good players to that system anymore. 4-5 star players want to showcase their abilities and pile up stats, and that’s not gonna happen in an option system. Navy has been running it for years with smaller players with great success.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I think Jabberjaw Jukebox recruited them.
    LOL! I think Jabberjaw was gone before Amik was recruited since he is just a soph. I am not sure about Jaylon.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    oh, dwayne....shame, shame. You and that obviously delusional hs coach will not be included in d65's ever shrinking circle of friends.
    awesome!! I checked your profile and you have 4 friends!! What so funny, without me you would have 3. I HAVE 2 "FRIENDS" ON PROFILE -- MY SON and dawg80--omg, you delete and I only have my son. hope I can sleep tonight.

Irony of irony !!! 3 friends showing your usual insite--gotta love it

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

That was not the "friends" I was referring to.

In fact, my comment was a reference to a line in a movie. But, that's okay. I didn't expect you to get it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    If you can run the play perfectly, it doesn't matter if they know it's coming.
    .......and how many 18 to 21 yr olds run plays perfectly?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    .......and how many 18 to 21 yr olds run plays perfectly?
    Only those coached by Holtz....and praised by D65. They are perfect, ya know.

+ Reply to Thread