+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Week 8

Puppy ShrackUAB Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrackUAB Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrackUAB Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrackUAB Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrackUAB Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrackUAB Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrackUAB Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrackUAB Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrackUAB Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrackUAB Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrackUAB Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Week 8

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I hate UAB. They are such a douche bag fan base that even though this is their most important home game of the season with first place on the line, 1,000 people showed up.
    Legion Field's capacity is 2.5x the size of Joe Aillet Stadium. The camera work unfortunately shows the "visitor's" side. There was a pretty large crowd at this game

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Using that definition there are a lot more almost haters now than there were 24 hours ago.
    They can label me what they want, but heck, I hate no one, not even broccoli!

It is a deep love for this University that is motivating people to want improvement, how that makes someone a hater, I have no idea.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Well, I guess we have to keep hoping UAB loses.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Unbelievable finish to the ODU at WKU game. Three consecutive untimed downs to end the 4th quarter with the game tied 34-34.

WKU tried a 57-yard FG to win the game on the first untimed down, but the kick was way short. But ODU had 12 men on the field, so WKU got to try a 52-yard FG to win.

This try was also way short, but ODU put a return man back who caught the ball about a yard deep and returned it to the WKU 17 before being pushed out of bounds. WKU was called for a facemask personal foul during the return.

ODU then got to try and make a 26-yard FG on the third untimed down to win 37-34.
    That is weird, wild stuff. I did not know that.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Yea. LSU fired a coach with a 114-34 record and one NC because that wasn’t good enough. Their fans expect and demand excellence. They must be haters.
    glm, be careful I used that exact example as a consideration in making a coaching change. Let's raise expectation like LSU, Georgia and others did. The response? "But, but, but those are P5 schools. We are a lowly G5 school, we cannot take chances to improve, we are lowly, lil' LA Tech we are as good as we can ever hope to be. We have been to four bowl games in a row, things are wonderful. Wanna share my lollipop with me?" Good grief! UGA fired Marc Richt after 15 bowls in 15 seasons, now they play for national championships, and meanwhile we cannot win CUSA? Give me a break.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Skip is a good face of the program. The problem is he is much to involved in the offense. We need an OC that runs an offense similar to what we were running in 2011 and 2012, and STICK WITH IT.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Skip is a good face of the program. The problem is he is much to involved in the offense. We need an OC that runs an offense similar to what we were running in 2011 and 2012, and STICK WITH IT.
    What happens when you stop letting him screw with the offense? Then he takes up screwing with the Defense! I don't think HCSH can be trusted.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

It will be interesting to see who ends up at #4. Michigan can make a good case for jumping LSU for the 4th spot after going on the road and beating a ranked rival in Michigan State. LSU beat a bad Mississippi State team at home. Plus LSU has to play Alabama in 2 weeks so it's really a moot point. If they win that they will jump up to at least # 3.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    They can label me what they want, but heck, I hate no one, not even broccoli!

It is a deep love for this University that is motivating people to want improvement, how that makes someone a hater, I have no idea.
    I like broccoli, and cauliflower too. Steamed veggies! You can dress 'em up a bit with melted Velveeta cheese, if you like. Also, you can bake cauliflower after marinating in olive oil. Man! that is awesome!

Oh, and yeah, I love Tech too. Maybe that passion makes me go nutso sometimes. I have tried....really tried...to be like T1, you know, dial it back some, be more casual about things. I really have tried. And, I've gotten better too. I was very well behaved yesterday. Others around me were going nutso, expressing frustration, but not me. I was cool, calm, and collected. Maybe it's that I know, with Holtz/Smith, this is who we are, and will be the rest of 2018 and 2019. No sense getting too worked up because it won't change.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Purdue 49 Ohio State 20

I enjoyed watching that after I got home last night. Purdue's coach is the former WKU coach, Jeff Brohm, when WKU was really good. What a difference a genuinely good coach makes, eh.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I like broccoli, and cauliflower too. Steamed veggies! You can dress 'em up a bit with melted Velveeta cheese, if you like. Also, you can bake cauliflower after marinating in olive oil. Man! that is awesome!

Oh, and yeah, I love Tech too. Maybe that passion makes me go nutso sometimes. I have tried....really tried...to be like T1, you know, dial it back some, be more casual about things. I really have tried. And, I've gotten better too. I was very well behaved yesterday. Others around me were going nutso, expressing frustration, but not me. I was cool, calm, and collected. Maybe it's that I know, with Holtz/Smith, this is who we are, and will be the rest of 2018 and 2019. No sense getting too worked up because it won't change.
    Attaboy! It will add 5 years to your life as well. A win is a win. If we finish well, this game meant nothing but a tougher W than it probably should have been. Next.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Hard to say what a semi-competent O will do against UAB.
    Well, I guess you got your answer now. LOL!!

UNT 21
    UAB 29

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Well, I guess you got your answer now. LOL!!

UNT 21
    UAB 29
    Semi-competent is too kind for what UNT looked like down the stretch. I know UAB is good on D, but Littrell let them get him out of his game.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

UAB has worn NT down. Sound familiar?

Littrell gave UAB all the momentum when it went for a 4th down early in the 3rd and got stuffed.
    TWICE!! (3rd time was on the last drive and needed a TD.
    • 4th & 2 at UAB 42 (15:00 - 3rd) DeAndre Torrey run for no gain to the UAB 42
    • 4th & 1 at UAB 39 (13:35 - 4th) Mason Fine pass incomplete, broken up by Stacy Keely
    • 4th & 10 at UAB 27 (2:10 - 4th) Mason Fine pass complete to Jalen Guyton for 9 yds to the UAB 18

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Unbelievable finish to the ODU at WKU game. Three consecutive untimed downs to end the 4th quarter with the game tied 34-34.

WKU tried a 57-yard FG to win the game on the first untimed down, but the kick was way short. But ODU had 12 men on the field, so WKU got to try a 52-yard FG to win.

This try was also way short, but ODU put a return man back who caught the ball about a yard deep and returned it to the WKU 17 before being pushed out of bounds. WKU was called for a facemask personal foul during the return.

ODU then got to try and make a 26-yard FG on the third untimed down to win 37-34.
    Had to go look that up.... WOW!!

BTW... the announcers voice may have been the most annoying I've ever heard. At first I couldn't tell if it was a Male or Female announcer.

+ Reply to Thread