+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just how terrible are we?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Just how terrible are we?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Seriously, yesterday he took sacks while looking off wide open receivers. He could have avoided 3 sacks by just throwing the ball.
    Absurd! That’s like quarterbacking and stuff.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Jenkins and Higgins never made questionable decisions that left their teams in bad spots???

Hmmm. I guess we remember things differently.

I’ve yet to see actual evidence that J’Mar is a bad teammate. No reports from those close to the program...just some frustrated WRs...never seen J’Mar act out when they have the drops.

And, I watched the video, the “taunting” was incredibly mild.

I think some of you guys just like to bust on the kid.

Perhaps it’s easiee to think of changing the QB, but deep down, you SHOULD know that our problems are deeper than one guy. A guy who, apparently, is doing what he’s been coached to do.
    Look, I've defended J'Mar about as much as anyone on this board save the real sunshine pumpers, but even I was saying yesterday that he needed to sit a series or two. It just wasn't working. Give somebody else a chance to make a play. That was miserable to watch.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Look, I've defended J'Mar about as much as anyone on this board save the real sunshine pumpers, but even I was saying yesterday that he needed to sit a series or two. It just wasn't working. Give somebody else a chance to make a play. That was miserable to watch.
    Not sure what you think my point is...it’s not that J’Mar shouldn’t sit a series. It’s not that there aren’t valid criticisms against him either. Our scheme does him no favors and our coaches refuse to modify the scheme or play anybody else. We can’t run and our OL can’t handle a defense that knows what our coach is going to do.

What’s the point? Our issues are complex.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If the issues are complex, you start making corrections with the low hanging fruit, and that is QB.

But, I don't agree they are that complex. Holtz has made simple things really hard, and a guy who has no business being a QB at this level, is clueless, and so things seem complex. But, it's not rocket science. Give Holtz & Smith one-way bus tickets to Bofunk, North Dakota, and put even an average OC in charge, and a halfway decent Division I QB in there, and bam! instant improvement. I guarantee it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Hallelujah!! Finally!

- Come on over, the water is fine.

- It's about time.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    If the issues are complex, you start making corrections with the low hanging fruit, and that is QB.

But, I don't agree they are that complex. Holtz has made simple things really hard, and a guy who has no business being a QB at this level, is clueless, and so things seem complex. But, it's not rocket science. Give Holtz & Smith one-way bus tickets to Bofunk, North Dakota, and put even an average OC in charge, and a halfway decent Division I QB in there, and bam! instant improvement. I guarantee it.
    So, which inept guy is supposed to fix it? The guy who created it or his boss who created Pawdawg’s favorite tailgate policy? Yeah...simple.

Oh, I get it. You were being ironical.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    So, which inept guy is supposed to fix it? The guy who created it or his boss who created Pawdawg’s favorite tailgate policy? Yeah...simple.

Oh, I get it. You were being ironical.
    No, I just got to the point, and that is football. Surely you didn't take the post literally...there may be a Bofunk, North Dakota, but no busses go there. I was just speaking on the football aspects. It really is not complicated. I wasn't getting into the politics of this....I hate politics and try to avoid it all I can.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    The “taunting” is not that bad on replay. Honestly he Washington probably surprised it worked so well. Maybe that’ll click something “Hey, I should keep the ball more often!”
    FWIW, the qb keeper was not the call. That was a read by J'Mar and his decision in real time to pull it and go end around.

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    FWIW, the qb keeper was not the call. That was a read by J'Mar and his decision in real time to pull it and go end around.
    I assume this has been confirmed. If so, kudos to Smith. But, even if it were a called play, still kudos to Smith because he executed it to perfection. A+

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Yup!

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    To answer the question we are 5-2 terrible and will probably be 7-5 or 8-4 terrible. That is not by any means terrible. It is a little above mediocre, if you consider 6-6 mediocre. Terrible is going 0-12 or 2-10 We can bad mouth mediocre or slightly better and everyone has a right to do so. But let's also be realistic, we're not terrible.
    Just for perspective, The FBS teams Tech has beat...mostly by the skin of our teeth...are a combined 11-19. Sorry I’m not jumping for joy about being 5-2. This team doesn’t pass the eye test.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Just for perspective, The FBS teams Tech has beat...mostly by the skin of our teeth...are a combined 11-19. Sorry I’m not jumping for joy about being 5-2. This team doesn’t pass the eye test.
    Don’t pass the smell test either.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Interesting. I wish he would do it more often. It would help our running game and take pressure off our Oline.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Interesting. I wish he would do it more often. It would help our running game and take pressure off our Oline.
    Not only the qb-keeper. The qb find a seam and run with power'er. Somebody needs to tell that dude he can actually run IF he does it with purpose.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No, I just got to the point, and that is football. Surely you didn't take the post literally...there may be a Bofunk, North Dakota, but no busses go there. I was just speaking on the football aspects. It really is not complicated. I wasn't getting into the politics of this....I hate politics and try to avoid it all I can.
    I suppose, if you take a complex topic and refuse to address the complex parts, what's left is simple.

"We just need to bench J'Mar!"

"And play one of the guys who couldn't beat him out?"

"We just need to fire Holtz!"

"You want TMac to hire his replacement?"

It's all more complicated than most of us make it out to be. This one's for free: refusing to acknowledge complexity doesn't make you a straight shooter, it makes you a bullshitter.

+ Reply to Thread