+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just how terrible are we?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Just how terrible are we?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Why do you think he continues to choose not to run?
    Either he never was a dual threat guy or it was coached out of him. JMHO.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Why do you think he continues to choose not to run?
    I don’t think J’mar sees the field well. The game has not slowed down for him, he is very indecisive. He had multiple opportunities to pull the ball down on pass plays and pick up positive yards. He took the sack instead.

If Holtz and company are telling him not to run, or signaling him what to do presnap, we need to change offensive strategies.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

To answer the question we are 5-2 terrible and will probably be 7-5 or 8-4 terrible. That is not by any means terrible. It is a little above mediocre, if you consider 6-6 mediocre. Terrible is going 0-12 or 2-10 We can bad mouth mediocre or slightly better and everyone has a right to do so. But let's also be realistic, we're not terrible.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

I think the problem is the offense is terrible and the defense is great. We have seen Cameron,Sokol, Driskel, and Higgins . JMar is not as good Jenkins . This is disappointing and is killing attendance and turning fans into spectators . I used to get people to come to games . Not now.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    I think the problem is the offense is terrible and the defense is great. We have seen Cameron,Sokol, Driskel, and Higgins . JMar is not as good Jenkins . This is disappointing and is killing attendance and turning fans into spectators . I used to get people to come to games . Not now.
    Compounding our poor performing offense, is the fact that we play in a terrible conference. Knowledgeable fans know if they watch a conference game at the Joe they are going to might see really bad opponent playing really bad college football. CUSA just isn't very good right now. Our defense is very good and exciting to watch, with future NFL players. But our offense, not so much. Combined with Skip's boring playcalling, honestly it is a challenge to sell tickets to this.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    To answer the question we are 5-2 terrible and will probably be 7-5 or 8-4 terrible. That is not by any means terrible. It is a little above mediocre, if you consider 6-6 mediocre. Terrible is going 0-12 or 2-10 We can bad mouth mediocre or slightly better and everyone has a right to do so. But let's also be realistic, we're not terrible.
    Heresy

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

JMar is not as good Jenkins .
    Not sure the statistics agree with you. I’ll double check, but I’m on my phone now. Jenkins senior year he threw for 1700 some odd yards, 12 tds and 6 picks (I believe).

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

The statics won't bear it out but his intangibles were much better and you got the best of what he could do . Much more of a team guy, you would never have seen him taunting UTEP when scoring . He made me a fan when I was at SMU game in Dallas. 2009 was his best year .17 touchdowns 5 interceptions 2095 yards 59.3% completions . I did use his best year

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

The statics won't bear it out but his intangibles were much better and you got the best of what he could do . Much more of a team guy, you would never have seen him taunting UTEP when scoring . He made me a fan when I was at SMU game in Dallas.
    We have had a few QB’s in the past few years who statistically may be worse than J’Mar. You never questioned whether Jenkins, Bennett, Champion, or Kubik wanted to be in the game and were good teammates.

Never saw the need to , their side line actions and interactions with the coaches and other players did not cause me concern .

Jenkins and Higgins never made questionable decisions that left their teams in bad spots???

Hmmm. I guess we remember things differently.

I’ve yet to see actual evidence that J’Mar is a bad teammate. No reports from those close to the program...just some frustrated WRs...never seen J’Mar act out when they have the drops.

And, I watched the video, the “taunting” was incredibly mild.

I think some of you guys just like to bust on the kid.

Perhaps it’s easiee to think of changing the QB, but deep down, you SHOULD know that our problems are deeper than one guy. A guy who, apparently, is doing what he’s been coached to do.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

The “taunting” is not that bad on replay. Honestly he was probably surprised it worked so well. Maybe that’ll click something “Hey, I should keep the ball more often!”

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Jenkins and Higgins never made questionable decisions that left their teams in bad spots???

Hmmm. I guess we remember things differently.

I’ve yet to see actual evidence that J’Mar is a bad teammate. No reports from those close to the program...just some frustrated WRs...never seen J’Mar act out when they have the drops.

And, I watched the video, the “taunting” was incredibly mild.

I think some of you guys just like to bust on the kid.

Perhaps it’s easiee to think of changing the QB, but deep down, you SHOULD know that our problems are deeper than one guy. A guy who, apparently, is doing what he’s been coached to do.
    Statistics aside, J'Mar continues to miss hitting wide open receivers more than 25 yds down field. And it's getting worse. He had several WIDE open yesterday, and either overthrew them or just plain missed 'em. J'mar also continues to ignore the MIDDLE of the field. (I've only been saying this for 2 solid years!) He obviously doesn't like to throw to crossing patterns and slants to the middle of the field, and the defenses we face know it now.

Yesterday, J'Mar threw more bad passes than I've ever seen him throw in a single game. He finished the game 17 of 29 for 156 yds. That's twice in the last 3 three games that J'Mar has failed to pass for 200 yds. (He was 10 of 24 for only 109 yds and 1 INT against UAB.) His accuracy seems to actually be getting worse instead of better.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

HD's it's the oline's fault? They don't give him enough time and can't run block.

Seriously, yesterday he took sacks while looking off wide open receivers. He could have avoided 3 sacks by just throwing the ball.

Statistically, I think he may be getting worse.

I’ve said for a while that tempo and playing loose are when J’Mar is at his best. Jenkins had a noticeable dip his senior year. I remember one other QB who got worse over his years at Tech. Turned out, after a decade or so in the NFL, that coaching was the issue.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread