+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Just how terrible are we?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Just how terrible are we?

I recognize the problem(s) and have stated many times they run deep (are complex).

The small problems like JMars refusal to run has been a problem since last year. That along with his lack of touch and leadership skills should be recognized by our coach, but he appears to be too proud to attempt to correct it.

Our AD is scared of our football coach so he has zero leverage or respect from his top hand. I'm not sure any of his followers respect him.

Meanwhile, we may finish above .500, go to and win another bowl game, but if attendance and giving keep going down it really doesn't matter.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The small problems like JMars refusal to run has been a problem since last year. That along with his lack of touch and leadership skills should be recognized by our coach, but he appears to be too proud to attempt to correct it.
    As a non-BSer, how do you propose the coach fix it? Teach him touch? You've told me that can't be taught. Leadership skills? Is that from sources or another deduction from fights in the stands and WR body language? You think we have better guys on the bench? I've watched Abraham and he's not impressive. Price Wilson maybe. Walker looked to be able to really push Smith this past spring. Still think they all quit because Holtz called J'Mar a rock star once and now he can't walk that back? C'mon man.

Do you think J'Mar refuses to run or has he been dissuaded from running?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

Do you think J'Mar refuses to run or has he been dissuaded from running?
    I've been told he is coached not to run.

He looks like he does not want to run.

He was called a rock star pretty much all year last year by Holtz.

No, the skills he lacks can't be taught. A leader does not come to the bench with his head down and sulk until it's time to go back out. He also looks bad when he corrects his receivers on the field after plays when the ball is nowhere near the spot the receiver was in. He may be correct in where he threw it, but it looks bad and is never good to get talked down to by a guy who can't consistently throw an accurate pass to an open man.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose, if you take a complex topic and refuse to address the complex parts, what's left is simple.

"We just need to bench J'Mar!"

"And play one of the guys who couldn't beat him out?"

"We just need to fire Holtz!"

"You want TMac to hire his replacement?"

It's all more complicated than most of us make it out to be. This one's for free: refusing to acknowledge complexity doesn't make you a straight shooter, it makes you a bullshitter.
    What’s complex about it? The only reason it would be complex is because bad decisions have been made in the past.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    What’s complex about it? The only reason it would be complex is because bad decisions have been made in the past.
    Athletic programs rarely clean house from top to bottom after 5 consecutive winning seasons in the biggest money sport.

Oh, I know. We’re worse than our record. The football is boring (3 out of 6 years anyway). Attendance is down. I know all that.

You may hate it, but Skip is gonna have to get a lot worse to get fired and a lot better to get hired away. And TMac is safe...so, we’re stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I've been told he is coached not to run.

He looks like he does not want to run.

He was called a rock star pretty much all year last year by Holtz.

No, the skills he lacks can't be taught. A leader does not come to the bench with his head down and sulk until it's time to go back out. He also looks bad when he corrects his receivers on the field after plays when the ball is nowhere near the spot the receiver was in. He may be correct in where he threw it, but it looks bad and is never good to get talked down to by a guy who can't consistently throw an accurate pass to an open man.
    Wilson and Abraham had already transferred last year. You want him to be a leader without correcting his wide-outs?

😂

Tough crowd once you’ve decided you don’t like the guy!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

To answer the initial question, we're not as terrible as last year. We've been on the other side of the fine line more thus far. I won't be surprised if we beat FAU this week but won't be surprised if we lose either. Speaking of FAU, they have to be more disappointed than us. Not sure about Southern Miss, but I think they might be too. At this point, we're as good as I guessed we'd be in terms of the bottom line. I want more designed runs for J'Mar. I am also curious to how he seems to more effective throwing to Veal.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Wilson and Abraham had already transferred last year. You want him to be a leader without correcting his wide-outs?

Tough crowd once you’ve decided you don’t like the guy!
    What's to like? Honestly, it's time to quit BSing yourself and others. He can't throw deep, he can't run, he has no "touch" on the ball and he appears to be a very poor team leader. I fail to see that he has any redeeming qualities as a starting QB.

Louisiana Tech is about to experience a seriously empty stadium going forward. That's a big deal. At least it is to those of us that are real Dog fans and care about Tech.

Varsity Bulldog techstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to all

We have the most negative fans in the world. We are 5-2 well on our way to our 5th straight bowl and quite possibly 5th straight bowl win. This team deserves fan support. It is embarrassing to see so many empty seats. If I can drive up from my home in Baton Rouge for every home game than people in North Louisiana can surely make the short drive to Ruston to support this team.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techstudent09 View Post
    We have the most negative fans in the world. We are 5-2 well on our way to our 5th straight bowl and quite possibly 5th straight bowl win. This team deserves fan support. It is embarrassing to see so many empty seats. If I can drive up from my home in Baton Rouge for every home game than people in North Louisiana can surely make the short drive to Ruston to support this team.
    Life doesn’t work that way. I do however commend your fanhood, and hope you remain one. If you want people to show up, you’ve got to give them something they want to see. Only the most hardcore of fans will spend that kind of money to watch paint dry.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I think the early weather could have scared a few off as well. It certainly didnt look like the day it ended up being by evening.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

How terrible are we? Our defense is good enough to win the CUSA championship. Our offense is a damn joke with J'Mar at QB. He is simply not a Division I college QB. In fact, his play is terrible. Maybe he'd be a star in the SWAC, but he has no business being on the field at this level. Holtz refuses to bench the guy for some reason.

The shit show our offense has become is killing attendance. I'm done sacrificing my weekends to make the trip to Ruston until we make a change at QB. It's just no fun anymore.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

That's because you just don't understand the complexities of it all. Ask johnnydimswitch, he understands it. We're all too stupid.

Meanwhile, from a football perspective the solution is so obvious and simple, a 10-yr-old could fix the problem. But most 10-yr-olds are sharper than the average johnny out there.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    That's because you just don't understand the complexities of it all. Ask johnnydimswitch, he understands it. We're all too stupid.

Meanwhile, from a football perspective the solution is so obvious and simple, a 10-yr-old could fix the problem. But most 10-yr-olds are sharper than the average johnny out there.
    You shooting with both barrels this morning!!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Between HD implying I'm not a real Tech fan and your incredibly creative name calling, I feel like I need a safe space. Your simple football answer was to fire Holtz and kick Smith off the team.

When asked how that would play out, you didn't want to get into it...but I'm the dim one!

Good stuff!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread