+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Just how terrible are we?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: Just how terrible are we?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Hallelujah!! Finally!

- Come on over, the water is fine.

- It's about time.
    as usual you twisted his post and his logic-- he has not given up on JMar he just recommended sitting a couple of plays . I thought same thing a couple plays benched ( confused on why he did not run a couple of times) but pretty happy when JMar changed play at line and won the game running. WE won-- NT won by 3 - to a team that has lost 19 in row but they are playing hard -- I posted several times that hanging with NT got my attention. remember how much you loved Kiffin last year and his brilliance -his QB threw 4 picks last week ... The Professor never jumped to the Darkside-- just a way to help develop J Mar -- that said, its my interpretation of the post .

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think Holtz would have given J’Mar the opportunity to run a RPO there. How do we know it wasn’t supposed to be a handoff right into the teeth of the UTEP defense for a 1 yard loss and J’Mar decided to be a hero and made arguably the best play of his career essentially by accident. He hasn’t shown me yet that he can read the D end. Holtz may feel the same way?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LTUIronDawg View Post
    So I watched his highlight film and it appears that he was a legit dual threat QB. Why would you take away his biggest asset?
    That sir is the MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I think he wants to run, but is being told not to run. So he could be afraid to run, but not for the reason you may think.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    as usual you twisted his post and his logic-- he has not given up on JMar he just recommended sitting a couple of plays . I thought same thing a couple plays benched ( confused on why he did not run a couple of times) but pretty happy when JMar changed play at line and won the game running. WE won-- NT won by 3 - to a team that has lost 19 in row but they are playing hard -- I posted several times that hanging with NT got my attention. remember how much you loved Kiffin last year and his brilliance -his QB threw 4 picks last week ... The Professor never jumped to the Darkside-- just a way to help develop J Mar -- that said, its my interpretation of the post .
    You've obviously been hitting the ole crack pipe again if you think I "loved Kiffin last year and his brilliance". I'm not a fan of Kiffin's, and never have been. In fact, I probably dislike Kiffin more than I dislike you.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I think he wants to run, but is being told not to run. So he could be afraid to run, but not for the reason you may think.
    I think I have this J'Mar not running with the ball confusion figured out. Obviously, J'Mar is looking for the Third Base Coach to give him the STEAL BASE sign before he takes off running. This isn't a Coach Holtz and staff problem, it is a Coach Lane Burroughs and staff problem. Can someone get Coach Burroughs a sideline pass for future home games?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Dude. Just try a different QB. Play a different QB for a few series and see how it works.

That’s pretty simple. Why doesn’t Holtz want to do that?

As long as Holtz is there it will do no good to hire an OC since Holtz micromanages that role. That’s why he hire his buddy that got fired from BC.

Tech has painted themselves into a corner by hiring McClelland and Holtz, then giving them unwarranted extensions. Now Tech will pay the price due to declining interest and support. Maybe they can turn it around but I’m not optimistic.
    if he could just get us into some Bowl games AND MAYBE WIN ONE . Or recruit players like Trent-Carlos-Ferguson-Amik and a lot of 3 star prospects .

Mclelland needs to improve our Press Box- get the Davidson facility built and hit all time high in fund raising for athletics.
    We need a Super coach higher like FAU did--Kippin is awesome ...

it is a running joke going back to 80s, we had an AD years ago who was a friend, he would handle calls from complainers and he would look for callers on donation list -- seldom be someone on supporters list --

may I make a recommendation' I have been on a fund raising committee ( for academics) with Davidson --you need to reach out to him and tell him you think he is wasting his millions on AD and Coaches.
    Last edited by Dogsince65; 10-23-2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: s

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

may I make a recommendation' I have been on a fund raising committee ( for academics) with Davidson --you need to reach out to him and tell him you think he is wasting his millions on AD and Coaches.

Davidson contributes $MILLIONS to just the AD and Coaches? Whoa! Since the AD and Coaches are also drawing a taxpayer-provided salary, just how much does the AD and Coaches make? Must be one of the higher paid staffs...especially among G5s.

And yes...looking at the product on the field, Davidson is wasting his $millions.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Between this Davidson guy and James Davison, we should be pretty set on cash.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Between this Davidson guy and James Davison, we should be pretty set on cash.
    Touche'

I'm sure D65 will tell us all about this Davidson fellow. Let me hasten to add, I appreciate all this Davidson person is doing for Tech.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    if he could just get us into some Bowl games AND MAYBE WIN ONE . Or recruit players like Trent-Carlos-Ferguson-Amik and a lot of 3 star prospects .

Mclelland needs to improve our Press Box- get the Davidson facility built and hit all time high in fund raising for athletics.
    We need a Super coach higher like FAU did--Kippin is awesome ...

it is a running joke going back to 80s, we had an AD years ago who was a friend, he would handle calls from complainers and he would look for callers on donation list -- seldom be someone on supporters list --

You keep repeating the same old tired mantra. There are 80 teams going to bowls, that’s almost 2/3 of all D-1 schools. GOING TO A BOWL IS NOT A SIGNIFICANT ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Where are season ticket sales, donations (excluding CAPEX) compared to 5 years ago. What are the incentives built into the AD and HC compensation?

People like you are happy having an athletic department that is average to mediocre at best. Unfortunately, Reneau, and now Guice it seems, are happy with that as well. I am not.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    J MAr has lost more than a step; Hes also dealing with some nagging recovery issues....

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

You keep repeating the same old tired mantra. There are 80 teams going to bowls, that’s almost 2/3 of all D-1 schools. GOING TO A BOWL IS NOT A SIGNIFICANT ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Where are season ticket sales, donations (excluding CAPEX) compared to 5 years ago. What are the incentives built into the AD and HC compensation?

People like you are happy having an athletic department that is average to mediocre at best. Unfortunately, Reneau, and now Guice it seems, are happy with that as well. I am not.
    Are you advocating for reducing base salary and adding in incentives to make as much or more than peers? Or keep salary where it is and add incentives for real success?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Are you advocating for reducing base salary and adding in incentives to make as much or more than peers? Or keep salary where it is and add incentives for real success?
    I’m advocating for accountability. It’s too late for these two, you can’t go backwards. But if you want my money prove to me that you will put it to good use. These guys make more than the average person makes in 5-10 years, they need to be held accountable and I don’t see it.

I’m advocating for accountability. It’s too late for these two, you can’t go backwards. But if you want my money prove to me that you will put it to good use. These guys make more than the average person makes in 5-10 years, they need to be held accountable and I don’t see it.
    I agree

+ Reply to Thread