+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: C-USA Bowl Eligibility Watch

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Re: C-USA Bowl Eligibility Watch

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    ALL I hope is that we don't play a Belt team. We need to go far away and play a team that we "might" have a chance of beating (very few of those around this year). Send us far away..... Send the band and cheer squads for a good get-a-way weekend.........
    Honestly, we probably need to lose the bowl this year so after the failure of next year there “might” be a change.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    ALL I hope is that we don't play a Belt team. We need to go far away and play a team that we "might" have a chance of beating (very few of those around this year). Send us far away..... Send the band and cheer squads for a good get-a-way weekend.........
    Nope, I disagree.

We are supposed to have separated ourselves from the UL’s and the Sunbelt. Let’s see if that’s true. If it’s not maybe it will speed up the changes that must be made.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Honestly, we probably need to lose the bowl this year so after the failure of next year there “might” be a change.
    Well...

I hate that it has come to this. I would like our seniors to win the bowl game, so at least they go out on a winning note after that mess Saturday. If Guice had any gonads he would fire both TMAC and Holtz immediately after a bowl victory. That would send a powerful message to everyone that Louisiana Tech will not tolerate mediocrity. Being one of 40 bowl winners is not how we want to measure Tech Football.

But, Guice doesn't care enough to do that.

And, we all know that win or lose the bowl, both TMAC and Holtz will be here for as long as they want to be, and they'll bitch-slap Guice if he says something different.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot ever wish for us to lose any game, much less a bowl. I don't think it proves anything if we lose to a Belt team one year - except that we have had a bad year. Of course, the casual crowd in N. Louisiana will demote us to that level, if we do. Plus, the UL Twins will rub it in big time.

As for Holtz, if he can't find anything better than J'Mar, we need to let him go - regardless of a bowl win or loss. I like J'Mar, but he just isn't the answer.

As for the AD, he needs to go right now. We just can't limp along like this. The attendance is a combination of our uninspired play on the field, our BAD losses, and his job of promoting the games and atmosphere. He is Southland and we need someone that can dream bigger than CUSA. He makes a good AD for a Northwestern or ULX team. We are going backwards, not forward with him.

Puppy SlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Nope, I disagree.

We are supposed to have separated ourselves from the UL’s and the Sunbelt. Let’s see if that’s true. If it’s not maybe it will speed up the changes that must be made.
    It wont be ulm. NOLA bowl will take belt champ, which in all probability will be App state. Cajuns have overshot the runway in Coach Napier's first season. We are 2 years away from having across the board better talent. His recruiting class this year is very solid and his first year as a HC has largely successful, though he claims he has lots to learn.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    It wont be ulm. NOLA bowl will take belt champ, which in all probability will be App state. Cajuns have overshot the runway in Coach Napier's first season. We are 2 years away from having across the board better talent. His recruiting class this year is very solid and his first year as a HC has largely successful, though he claims he has lots to learn.
    Congrats!

Someone is gonna step up to fill the void being created by Holtz, might as well be the Cajuns. I can stomach that more than it being the ulm injuns.

I like Appy State! I recently was sent an invitation to interview for a director's position there. It was very tempting. I happen to be in Boone one Saturday on gameday for them. They were playing Ga. Southern. Very impressive support! The whole town was decorated in black and gold (yellow?) Fans were tailgating up and down a boulevard that led to the stadium, and not just on campus. I saw people set up in parking lots of nearby businesses, like you see on a Mardi Gras parade route here. It was awesome!

They are also pretty good and will donkey-stomp us should we happen to draw the NOLA Bowl again.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I happen to be in Boone one Saturday on gameday for them. They were playing Ga. Southern. Very impressive support! The whole town was decorated in black and gold (yellow?) Fans were tailgating up and down a boulevard that led to the stadium, and not just on campus. I saw people set up in parking lots of nearby businesses, like you see on a Mardi Gras parade route here. It was awesome!
    Of 130 FBs schools, only 12 are not located in a metro area. Four of those are P5s (Oxford, Starkville, Stillwater, & Pullman).

Of the eight G5s not located in a metro area, Appy State substantially outdraws the others, consistently averaging around 25K for home games. (The other seven, including Tech, seem to hit a ceiling for average annual football attendance around 20k).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I keep telling my fellow LA Tech fans, a "fresh start" can be VERY good for a program and its' fan base.

Big Dog Avi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the rough Avi8r's Avatar

Hawaiian newspaper is reporting a Hawaii vs Latech bowl game in Honolulu

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi8r View Post
    Good move by our AD to get this Hawaii obligation behind us. We won't have to go back to Hawaii for many years.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Good. We need to get this team as far away from the main land as possible. I was hoping for a South Korea Bowl invite this year......but this will suffice.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Good move by our AD to get this Hawaii obligation behind us. We won't have to go back to Hawaii for many years.
    Holtz wanted a vacation this December.

I think we will "compete"

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Holtz wanted a vacation this December.

I think we will "compete"
    Maybe he is smarter than I thought. Playing in front of 12 fans on the mainland would not be a good look.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Can you provide the link?

+ Reply to Thread