+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/26: @FAU Game

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: Underdog at FAU?

As long as we haven’t had this one circled since last year, I’ll give us a fighting chance.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Our coach has conceded to a team with a losing record because he is afraid of the coach of that team. That coach treated him like a little bitch in Ruston last year.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Our coach has conceded to a team with a losing record because he is afraid of the coach of that team. That coach treated him like a little bitch in Ruston last year.
    You put too much stock in Skip’s words. He talks constantly and his dad was the biggest poor-mouther in history.

I’m concerned that our O has regressed two years straight. I’m concerned that our special teams haven’t improved in 5 years.

I couldn’t care less about coach speak BS.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    You put too much stock in Skip’s words. He talks constantly and his dad was the biggest poor-mouther in history.

I’m concerned that our O has regressed two years straight. I’m concerned that our special teams haven’t improved in 5 years.

I couldn’t care less about coach speak BS.
    I care. After the last several poor home showings with all the poor mouth coach speak, our fans are due some confidence from the guy who is getting paid well to coach up these great recruiting classes he has gotten over the past 5 years.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I care. After the last several poor home showings with all the poor mouth coach speak, our fans are due some confidence from the guy who is getting paid well to coach up these great recruiting classes he has gotten over the past 5 years.
    Talk is cheap...always has been. I knew Skip was a BSer after about two seconds of his first presser.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Talk is cheap...always has been. I knew Skip was a BSer after about two seconds of his first presser.
    I know, but it seems so fake with a yankee accent when you know the guy really doesn't care about winning more than 7 games.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    It's gonna be like two mules fightin' over a turnip----not much to see.....
    Sad that in preseason, I saw this as a possible clash of CUSA titans. It will more closely resemble the crash of the titanic on Friday.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

You’d think that with all the crap Holtz is catching here, there and everywhere (surely he’s hearing it, knows it somehow even if he’s just feeling it) that he’d be supremely motivated to take a solid stance and have his team prove to everyone that they can be better and that he’s a better coach than what he’s showing and yet that is exactly where the biggest fault is. I don’t sense that Holtz has the desire or even the character to fight for himself through his team. He’s a coaster, he just takes what comes.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens
    It's gonna be like two mules fightin' over a turnip
    Greatness!
    Lewis Grizzard, circa 1980

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Looking at our schedule in August this was a loss, now not so sure. As disappointed as we are with our season, their fans (however many they have) must be more disappointed with theirs. Glad Driskel decided to quit football a year early. That caused the Lane Train to run off track a little. Hard game to predict. Before the season easy to say this could be the CUSA championship game preview. Now perhaps the winner plays ULM in the New Orleans Bowl. I will go with my heart. TECH 31, FAU 17. Dominate game from #45 and #21 bing the difference-makers.

If Lane takes Skip to school, just flip the score and give FAU another touchdown to make it FAU 38, TECH 17.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Last year's beat down was the single biggest out-coached Holtz got. Tech > FAU in overall talent, at the very worst, it's Tech = FAU. But last year, Kiffen smoked Holtz. This year in talent it's clearly Tech > FAU. So if Holtz will just step up and not get so badly out-coached, we can win this one.

Like I said...Lane's shelf-life is about a year. That doesn't mean we'll win. If our game-plan is the same as it was against UAB and UTEP, we'll lose. We can win...no telling whether or not we will.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    We get pantsed….
    There he is!

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say we can't win with J'mar at QB, but we managed to beat North Texas somehow and score a bunch of points on LSU, so who knows. It's totally unpredictable at this point to me. I won't be surprised if we win or lose.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Last year's beat down was the single biggest out-coached Holtz got. Tech > FAU in overall talent, at the very worst, it's Tech = FAU. But last year, Kiffen smoked Holtz. This year in talent it's clearly Tech > FAU. So if Holtz will just step up and not get so badly out-coached, we can win this one.
    I believe that Lane Kiffen didn't beat us last year.....Kendal Briles did. You can see the effect of Briles leaving FAU and going to his alma mater Houston this year. Briles was the mastermind of FAU's offense last year. Kudos to Kiffen for first of all hiring Briles and secondly to give him the latitude to run the offense. Of course, losing your starting QB was a huge blow as well.

+ Reply to Thread