+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: 10/26: @FAU Game

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 10/26: @FAU Game

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    That certainly didn't look like a 1st down, but I'll take it. We've been on the losing end of referee's decisions many times.
    Half-yard short. I was shocked by that call.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Back on the game for a minute. I don't think we used Kam McKnight enough last night. For instance, the short yardage play that everyone is discussing and the one that everyone is so surprised we got the 1st down call on?.....well, we should have used the bigger, stronger McKnight on that play. But everything worked out. McKnight was a beast on his TD run.

I'd like to see McKnight brought in more often, to mix up our run game between Dancy's speed and McKnight's power running. McKnight only got 1 carry for the 5-yd TD run last night. Meanwhile Dancy got 24 carries for 116 yds (4.8 avg). Henderson carried 4 times for 7 yds.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I want to see Kam used as a battering ram, in some kind of hurry up offense....yeah, I know when the O subs, the D has to be given the same chance, but those defenders wear themselves out running in and out of the game too. So, run Dancy, then rush in Kam, and pow! and then....

When we need to keep a drive going, bring in Kam, fake to him, that's called "play action" Coach Holtz, in case you are not familiar with it, and sneak Kam up the seam. He will be ignored, not covered, and will be wide open. After we burn the other guys a couple of times with that, they will cheat back, i.e. assign a safety or a LB to watch the pass, and when we give to Kam, there will be one less defender in the box.

Of course, burning them assumes Smith will actually throw the ball where Kam can catch it. I shouldn't assume that, I know.

+ Reply to Thread