+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Glad we have a winning season....

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: Glad we have a winning season....

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    That's the best way to be BEFORE a Tech game.
    Especially if the opponent is from the SEC.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I have to listen to Comfortably Numb after a lot of Tech games
    It's gotten to where I have to be comfortably numb to enjoy most Tech games....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Our AD is killing Tech slowly, we used to play fun games like Houston, Virginia, Illinois, NC State.
    Now it's just terrible, Southern, Grambling, Northwestern. I DON'T want to see Tech beat up on the SWAC and Southland.
    Our AD is horrible, 7 freaking road games? Are you kidding me, a bye week at the beginning of the season. That's just crazy to me.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I have to listen to Comfortably Numb after a lot of Tech games
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It's gotten to where I have to be comfortably numb to enjoy most Tech games....
    I think we need something more sanquine yet recognizes we are offensively in a dark place. But there is hope one day that the sun will rise again and we'll find a QB & and offense. In the meantime, being put to sleep might not be a bad thing. And if Enya won't lull you to sleep nothing will:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8u4VLk0iTI

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Interesting tweet from NFL free agent John Kuhn:

"If you are a fan of a team and its players, remember to be a fan unconditionally. Support them during the ups and downs. We can all be critical, but if you pile on your team when things are bad, then maybe you are not actually a fan but rather a bandwagon jumper."

I approve of this message.

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

"If you are a fan of a team and its players, remember to be a fan unconditionally. Support them during the ups and downs. We can all be critical, but if you pile on your team when things are bad, then maybe you are not actually a fan but rather a bandwagon jumper."

Interpretation: when we're good, we want all of the credit, when we suck, we don't want any of the blame.

BS!

Next!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I approve of this message.

We pile on when the team is good so I think we're safe.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Interpretation: when we're good, we want all of the credit, when we suck, we don't want any of the blame.

BS!

Next![/LEFT]
    [/SIZE]
    D80, you beat to it. I was thinking the same thing. The silly NFL Free Agent wants all the glory and NO DOWNSIDE responsibility. Nice work if you can get it.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    D80, you beat to it. I was thinking the same thing. The silly NFL Free Agent wants all the glory and NO DOWNSIDE responsibility. Nice work if you can get it.
    Nice try, sport, on exploiting the free agent tag.

The guy has two Super Bowl Rings to go with his resume.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I've defended J'Mar as much as most here. The reason is that I don't understand why so many of our fans have made personal attacks against J'Mar. As far as I know, the kid has only done what he's been asked by the coaching staff to do. He's worked harder than I ever worked in college. Is he a great QB? No. Is he a coward who's scared? That's a baseless attack made by frustrated fans. It's beneath us. Critique his play, not his character. We have no warrant to critique more than his play.

In fact, I've gotten confirmation from someone who's forgotten more about football than the braintrust here will ever know and he's confirmed that effort and integrity are not an issue.

Again, critique his accuracy and his decision making. Critiquing his character is baseless BS.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I've defended J'Mar as much as most here. The reason is that I don't understand why so many of our fans have made personal attacks against J'Mar. As far as I know, the kid has only done what he's been asked by the coaching staff to do. He's worked harder than I ever worked in college. Is he a great QB? No. Is he a coward who's scared? That's a baseless attack made by frustrated fans. It's beneath us. Critique his play, not his character. We have no warrant to critique more than his play.

In fact, I've gotten confirmation from someone who's forgotten more about football than the braintrust here will ever know and he's confirmed that effort and integrity are not an issue.

Again, critique his accuracy and his decision making. Critiquing his character is baseless BS.
    Agreed! At the end of the day, he is one of us. If he isn't the best one and should not be playing, that is not on him, that is on the coach for not making a change, or having someone better to put in his place.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

I,too, agree. QB1 is selected by the coach. Not fair to this young man to name call. I have my frustrations with the productrion from him, but HC sees exactly what we see and still does not make a change. I get the sense that the current QB is HCSH's project. He wants to prove to everyone that he can take raw talent and mold it into a rockstar QB.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I,too, agree. QB1 is selected by the coach. Not fair to this young man to name call. I have my frustrations with the productrion from him, but HC sees exactly what we see and still does not make a change. I get the sense that the current QB is HCSH's project. He wants to prove to everyone that he can take raw talent and mold it into a rockstar QB.
    So far he's proved he can't. Time is running out on his college career and maybe on Holtz's. 23 games down and ? left to go.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Nice try, sport, on exploiting the free agent tag.

The guy has two Super Bowl Rings to go with his resume.
    So what? Did he promise to let you wear those SB rings or something?

John Kuhn's hypocrisy is screaming! He wants fans to deliver "unconditional" support "during the ups and downs". And yet, as as free agent (with 2 SB rings, as you pointed out) he'll quickly jump ship and change teams for the right price. Geeez. What a guy!!

D'Pix, my "hero-worship" for athletes apparently doesn't run as deep as yours. This is just another athlete wanting all the upside, and none of the down side. In other words he's saying, "Just pay us your money and come cheer for us, and DON'T QUESTION what we're doing."

J'Mar Smith may have what fellow soldiers call a "Fox hole problem". This is when a soldier --who's supposed to be in the foxhole with everyone else-- puts his own needs above the "team's" or maybe doesn't deliver like he's supposed to. When this happens, some soldiers in the foxhole may quit trusting him.

I can't think or a more clear example of a fox hole problem being self induced in sports than when J'Mar tucked the ball Saturday night and slid 1-yd short of the 1st down marker. It was a 3rd down play. He killed our drive right there, instead of simply lowering his head and falling forward for a easy 1st down. He could have easily gotten the 1st down, but he seemed more interested in protecting himself instead of fighting for the 1st down.

This is not attacking J'Mar personally, but rather simply criticizing his play. It's a true account of what happened Saturday night. And its only one example of many this season.

+ Reply to Thread