+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Glad we have a winning season....

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Glad we have a winning season....

I'd NEVER trade a 5-2 record for 2-5, 3-4 or anything else in the negative, but it sure was disappointing to see the SMALL crowd for Homecoming.

Guessing it's the product on the field. Very sad. Hoping tihngs get better....

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Glad we have a winning season....

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    I'd NEVER trade a 5-2 record for 2-5, 3-4 or anything else in the negative, but it sure was disappointing to see the SMALL crowd for Homecoming.

The late 40's couple sitting in front of me was from Florida. This LA Tech vs UTEP homecoming game was their first Tech game to attend since being students at Tech years ago. The husband literally turned around at one point and asked me if we had anyone else that could play QB, "because this guy is awful". They won't be back.

Puppy Hanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The late 40's couple sitting in front of me was from Florida. This LA Tech vs UTEP homecoming game was their first Tech game to attend since being students at Tech years ago. The husband literally turned around at one point and asked me if we had anyone else that could play QB, "because this guy is awful". They won't be back.
    I'm a Tech fan, and maintain an optimistic outlook in life, keeping things in perspective. However, like the 40's couple from Florida, I will not be back until HCSH finds a QB than is capable, consistent, and can lead this team like we are accustomed to Tech QBs performing over the years. If he cannot do that, my absence will continue until we find a coach that will bring winning and exciting football back to Tech. I prefer that Holtz succeeds, even if it requires bringing in better assistants and turning them loose. If we hire a new HC, I would be excited for Holtz to be the AD given his national contacts and the quality of person that he appears to be. Based on what I am hearing, apparently a lot of folks feel the same way.

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

By late 40s, do you mean IN their late 40s, or hadn't been back here SINCE the late 40s? I'm guessing it's the former....

I'm in my mid 50s and I've been watching Tech football for a long time. The performance this year is as bad as we have had since the JBIII days...the product on the field is marginal at best.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

LaTech Re: Glad we have a winning season....

I posted this in the "bench JMar" thread.

Positives:
    We are 6-2, and I hope we will be 10-2, but at least 9-3, AS A TEAM.
    We have a great group of receivers.
    We have put up 21 points on the #4 team in the country. More than Florida, Ole Miss, MS-State, Georgia respectively.
    Our O-Line is good.
    Our D Secondary is very good.
    Jaylon is on fire and we will be talking 10 years from now about how we saw him play, and on..
    Amik has shut down one half of the field. Its a No Fly Zone.
    We have a solid FG kicker.
    Great Aussie kicker and punter.
    We are a disciplined team.
    Skip IS good at clock management. The man can drain a clock.
    Tech is not a team that others take lightly. Opponents know that we can come to their field come away with a W.
    You get this a lot when you are further away from Tech's recruiting range and that is comments like "you guys are good", "you all have a good program". It is a program that is respected and a school that we can be proud to be a part of.

There are more. Coming soon...

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

We are 4-1 on the road so far, thats positive.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post

What can we do to make things better, in your opinion?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    What can we do to make things better, in your opinion?
    Considering that we've been winning for 5 years now, it will take longer to build it up than it took to tear it down.

- Get the students engaged like they were when our AD arrived.
    - Suck up to Tech grads who are wearing purple and yellow.
    - Fix tail gating. It did not need fixing when our AD arrived, it needed to be tweaked.
    - Market to local families. Yes, the family pack is great, but we need more.
    - Market in ways that reach potential fans. Social media only reaches those who are already Tech fans (some of them)

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a new camper to bring to the games for tailgating.........I cant bring it unless one of the 20 sold slots for RVs decides not to come....... The blue parking lot is NEVER full. Seems like we would want to make as much money as possible, accommodate LTAC and season ticket holders.......but maybe that's me.

We miss sooooooo many opportunities for advancement of our program.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I posted this in the "bench JMar" thread.

Positives:
    We are 6-2, and I hope we will be 10-2, but at least 9-3, AS A TEAM.
    We have a great group of receivers.
    We have put up 21 points on the #4 team in the country. More than Florida, Ole Miss, MS-State, Georgia respectively.
    Our O-Line is good.
    Our D Secondary is very good.
    Jaylon is on fire and we will be talking 10 years from now about how we saw him play, and on..
    Amik has shut down one half of the field. Its a No Fly Zone.
    We have a solid FG kicker.
    Great Aussie kicker and punter.
    We are a disciplined team.
    Skip IS good at clock management. The man can drain a clock.
    Tech is not a team that others take lightly. Opponents know that we can come to their field come away with a W.
    You get this a lot when you are further away from Tech's recruiting range and that is comments like "you guys are good", "you all have a good program". It is a program that is respected and a school that we can be proud to be a part of.

There are more. Coming soon...
    Keep them coming!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I bought a new camper to bring to the games for tailgating.........I cant bring it unless one of the 20 sold slots for RVs decides not to come....... The blue parking lot is NEVER full. Seems like we would want to make as much money as possible, accommodate LTAC and season ticket holders.......but maybe that's me.

We miss sooooooo many opportunities for advancement of our program.
    Our AD has been made aware. He does it his way (the SLC way). A while back one of our biggest boosters who had RVd at games for years asked for a small discount on a second spot. Our AD said no. No negotiation, no nothing because he is not capable of dealing with real people. He is good with ass kissers and good at reciprocating

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

could care less about someone who came to a game in 1998 and sat out for 20 years -- you think Dixon-Sokol- Driscol-Higgans Dykes -Wac championship did not get him to games and suddenly winning a game against UTEP would suddenly excite him?? come on man-- at his pace he is due in 2038 no matter what...

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

random thoughts on JMar after another win-- He is also a baseball player and he reminds me of the guy who strikes out a lot but when the game is on the line he hits the game winning home run -- he's done it all year --you do not get to 6-2 without a QB. LSU we score 3 straight TDs and you don't do that without a guy who handle pressure -- I get it, frustrating as hell but 6-2 calms me down ....

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

We are at 6-2 IN SPITE of our QB.......there is a difference

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    could care less about someone who came to a game in 1998 and sat out for 20 years -- you think Dixon-Sokol- Driscol-Higgans Dykes -Wac championship did not get him to games and suddenly winning a game against UTEP would suddenly excite him?? come on man-- at his pace he is due in 2038 no matter what...
    This is very funny, great job! The great news is we have two more single game ticket sales coming our way in 2038! See I am trying to be more positive.

+ Reply to Thread