+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Glad we have a winning season....

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Glad we have a winning season....

Missed the Rice game. I had a bunch of socks to sort.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Holtz agreed then said that we have to slow it down because we risk turnovers when we play fast paced.
    Several Monday night radio shows back, HC alluded to something similar. He was praising JMar's low turnover rate/low INT rate, something along those lines. He said not turning over the ball is BIIIIIIG deal (said it like that) to him. My take was that's his hot button.

IMO this is acting out of fear. What does fear do to anyone/any team? It paralyzes you and voila, that's what we see: QB and somewhat team paralysis. All because our HC coaches from a place of fear. I would ask that he model after Sean Peyton, Andy Reid, Saban, Gundy, Jimbo. Play to win and crush, not play to not lose...

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

JMar didnt turn it over at all in the last game, and they played fine for the first half before curling up into their shells.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

It's not likely Holtz will do the radio shows next week, but if he does I think he will be asked about it.
    And YOU are correct. I listened to the 97.7 show on Monday with Teddy and HC said this would be the last show of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    JMar didnt turn it over at all in the last game, and they played fine for the first half before curling up into their shells.
    Bingo. And therein the flaw in the strategy becomes apparent. QB1 was playing the tempo and plays that he is best at and we were moving the ball. But then HC's mind gets in the way and we do it his way, not the best path to victory for the team.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    And YOU are correct. I listened to the 97.7 show on Monday with Teddy and HC said this would be the last show of the season.
    Another fail by our AD who is pees his pants when he has to talk to Holtz. Our fans are owed a weekly show AFTER the last game and EVERY week leading up to the bowl game, then one more after, but again, our over achieving AD does not care about the fans.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Several Monday night radio shows back, HC alluded to something similar. He was praising JMar's low turnover rate/low INT rate, something along those lines. He said not turning over the ball is BIIIIIIG deal (said it like that) to him. My take was that's his hot button.

IMO this is acting out of fear. What does fear do to anyone/any team? It paralyzes you and voila, that's what we see: QB and somewhat team paralysis. All because our HC coaches from a place of fear. I would ask that he model after Sean Peyton, Andy Reid, Saban, Gundy, Jimbo. Play to win and crush, not play to not lose...
    Too many "3 and outs" are a BIIIIIG deal too.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I don’t know the actual stat, but it feels like we have more 3 and outs than we do third down conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I don’t know the actual stat, but it feels like we have more 3 and outs than we do third down conversions.
    You get more 3 and outs when running on 1st down is automatic and good for 1/2 yard.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

He is scared of his own shadow.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

You get more 3 and outs when running on 1st down is automatic and good for 1/2 yard.
    Exactly. Consider me a PlayStation coach, so take this with a grain of salt. Skip's second half play calling with a suspect qb is just the worst. We know J'mar is suspect, yet Skip continues to run on first and second down. It inevitably puts J'Mar in an obvious passing down. Happens in the red zone too. If you can't move the chains on three runs, and we can't, you got to give J'Mar more than one chance to complete a pass. It is just so predictable - opposing d coordinators have to love calling plays against us in the second half.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Skip would keep Mahomes on the pine because he would be afraid of turnovers...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

T-Mac and Louisiana Tech's "Sports Marketing" Department need to be doing stuff like this QB video from UNT. I'm telling ya, those UNT folks have a hell of a sports marketing department, and they know how to create a bond between the fans and the players. They are light years ahead of us.

If you've got 21 min, this is well worth the watch. The 2nd half of this is especially good. Has LA Tech EVER done anything like this?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

That is tedious work. Time well spent.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    That is tedious work. Time well spent.
    One time I was at a meeting and happened to glance down and noticed I had one navy blue and one black sock on. I was embarrassed and had hoped no one had noticed, which wasn't an issue when standing up, but we had been meeting with clients and moving around, table to table. Anyway one of my clients, a woman, who probably are more likely to notice such things...we men are pretty clumsy about such matters...did notice. I saw her looking and as the sun was coming thru the window just right...she says, "one blue, one black sock." I said, "Yep, and I have pair just like it at home."

Now I take extra care when sorting socks to match them up properly. Lesson learned.

+ Reply to Thread