+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glad we have a winning season....

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Glad we have a winning season....

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I agree. You really have to search for content HYPING the Dawgs. They have all this footage and the equipment to create videos. I'm sure players watch these and it fires them up. I did see the hype video last week, but there needs to be a new one every week. Contests, Tech apparel giveaways, trivia questions on Facebook are just a few of the things that needs to be coming out. Things like this ENGAGES the fans. Instead they are little by little drifting away.....
    UNT does a very nice job with their weekly "hype" video. They produce one for the fans every week, and it includes sideline game video, halftime lockerroom video, etc... It's a great look at "inside" UNT football. They are about 30 minutes long. I watched one a few weeks ago right after LA Tech's win at UNT. It was really interesting hearing the players on the sideline continuously talk about LA Tech's "number 45" on the sideline, and how "somebody needs to block #45", etc...

UNT's marketing department is really killing it right now. Look at this new website:

https://masonfine6.com/

And this one:

https://meangreensports.com/sports/2...-new-html.aspx

I'm honestly not kidding when I say our Marketing Dept should go spend a couple of weeks with the UNT Marketing folks to learn how to market effectively.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    We haven’t been 6-2 for 4 weeks, but your point is made.

Really just trying to get some conversation going. Pretty dead around here.
    Just FYI....I've been very concerned about the declining crowd this season, and the lack of excitement in JAS. We've talked about it ad nauseum. But apparently neither our coaches, or our AD or our marketing dept cares right now.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    UNT does a very nice job with their weekly "hype" video. They produce one for the fans every week, and it includes sideline game video, halftime lockerroom video, etc... It's a great look at "inside" UNT football. They are about 30 minutes long. I watched one a few weeks ago right after LA Tech's win at UNT. It was really interesting hearing the players on the sideline continuously talk about LA Tech's "number 45" on the sideline, and how "somebody needs to block #45", etc...

UNT's marketing department is really killing it right now. Look at this new website:

https://masonfine6.com/

And this one:

https://meangreensports.com/sports/2...-new-html.aspx

I'm honestly not kidding when I say our Marketing Dept should go spend a couple of weeks with the UNT Marketing folks to learn how to market effectively.

Agreed. UNT's marketing rocks.

The NFL has "Sound FX" where they mic up several players and the HC. How cool would it be to do this? Superfans would eat this up. Marketing could let coaching edit out anything that would reveal strategies, etc.

As for Mason Fine's hype site, why dont we have a jaylon45 hype site? Tech needs to gain as much exposure as possible from Jaylon's journey into the NFL. It's a huge deal.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Just FYI....I've been very concerned about the declining crowd this season, and the lack of excitement in JAS. We've talked about it ad nauseum. But apparently neither our coaches, or our AD or our marketing dept cares right now.
    It's the fault of THE BBB and the negative posters here. You are one of the main culprits.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

There is no question something is missing, leadership-wise, at Tech. Guice, TMAC, Holtz....all clueless.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

I love to watch Tech football. I've been going to games at JAS for over fifty years, but at the UAB game it dawned on me that I'm just not a fan of what the game day experience has become at JAS. I don't care for obscene rap music, especially when it's blared as loudly as possible from the jumbo-tron sound system. I've seen more than enough blizzard vs ice cream cone races, and I could do without all the zoomed in shots of people either kissing or acting like idiots. I also don't care for the way the sound system plays right up to the point of the QB calling out signals and how it plays over our band. I'd rather see more instant replays and more scores from around the country instead of all the childish crap. And lastly, I don't care for the dance routines that the Regal Blues dance team has sunken to. I think that their routines are plain vulgar and beneath the dignity of Louisiana Tech.

Lastly, it has become so painful for me to watch our inept QB struggle to find and hit wide open receivers that I just decided to heck with it. J'Mar's not going to get any better, so I'm just going to take a sabbatical for the rest of this season. I don't need the stress that the game day experience causes me these days. I will show up at a bowl game (unless it's in the Bahamas or Hawaii), but other than that, I'm done with watching the absolute joke our offense has become with Smith at QB. If he's the starter next year, I'll extend my sabbatical.

I'm not complaining. I'm just explaining why this Tech fan has mailed it in for now.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I agree with most, just about all, of your post. The cRAP music blaring out just sucks, period. The big board is not used like it could be, agreed. The joke of the occasional game stats...which they post just once or twice, and the bigger joke of 5 randomly chosen scores of other games, with no particular connection to Tech, is a waste. Yeah, maybe the Regal Blues can dial back some of their dance moves, but I like 'em otherwise

We still have to endure Nancy Bergeron, "Wadies and gentlewen….." Mostly the gameday experience has gotten stale. The helmet game, the Caniac maniac, etc...and YES! I understand these are paid advertisers and we need their money. But, can't they change it up a bit, introduce something different?

But most of us are there for the product on the field, and if it was worth our time, we could look past some of the other glitches. If this was the 2012 team, we'd see better attendance, less gripes about both the on-field and off-field experience. It's Holtz/Smith that are dragging everything down. As I've posted before....you can't fool Tech fans. We KNOW what a real QB looks like, what a real offense looks like. I've posted before about the passing stats at Tech and how even "run-of-the-mill" QBs, by our standards smoke other schools' career leaders.

Since it appears we are stuck with Smith, I look forward to our bowl game in 2019, his last in a Tech uniform. Win or lose that day, we'll have a reason to celebrate.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It's the fault of THE BBB and the negative posters here. You are one of the main culprits.
    It's not all on the negativity, but the negativity certainly doesn't help matters. It would be more productive to take the concerns to McClelland rather than just keep driving the program into the dirt and firing fans up to get angry every day. This board gives no hope for a good future. These guys are not going to be fired with the success we are having in sports. Help them to make positive changes rather than ridiculing them 25 times a day.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    It's not all on the negativity, but the negativity certainly doesn't help matters. It would be more productive to take the concerns to McClelland rather than just keep driving the program into the dirt and firing fans up to get angry every day. This board gives no hope for a good future. These guys are not going to be fired with the success we are having in sports. Help them to make positive changes rather than ridiculing them 25 times a day.
    That's the cause for concern. Many have tried to be productive. The simple (not complicated) issues have been pointed to our AD. He doubles down on his mistakes or the unnecessary changes he has made.

Again, this board helped make the difference at the end of Bicknell's tenure when we were in desperate need of change. This board does give hope. Conforming to failure is not "giving hope".

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That's the cause for concern. Many have tried to be productive. The simple (not complicated) issues have been pointed to our AD. He doubles down on his mistakes or the unnecessary changes he has made.

Again, this board helped make the difference at the end of Bicknell's tenure when we were in desperate need of change. This board does give hope. Conforming to failure is not "giving hope".
    Have they gone to his boss? What does he say? This board does not give hope... the definition of insanity is saying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. What is the point of running the administration into the ground? It's been 5 years (?) and it's not helping anything. Everyone is just getting angry and bitter and hating what Tech currently is. Not good!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We will miss the Rice game, and I am not at all upset. Will be there, with probably just 6,000 other warm bodies, to watch us close out the regular season against WKU. I am a young guy, with plenty of energy, and I don’t feel like even trying to get excited for this team. Sad, sad, sad.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    We will miss the Rice game, and I am not at all upset. Will be there, with probably just 6,000 other warm bodies, to watch us close out the regular season against WKU. I am a young guy, with plenty of energy, and I don’t feel like even trying to get excited for this team. Sad, sad, sad.
    Is it the team or the game atmosphere? Or the atmosphere caused by the team? Or just the poor QB play? Or the poor play-calling for this personnel? Or that this team is strong on defense but you like offense?

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Is it the team or the game atmosphere? Or the atmosphere caused by the team? Or just the poor QB play? Or the poor play-calling for this personnel? Or that this team is strong on defense but you like offense?
    I would encourage you to attend a game and see for yourself. The whole experience is not good this year.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I know that I am a 71 year old fart. So what? I am not going to drive almost 650 mile round trip to listen to the overly loud Jumbotron ( I don't really mind Nancy) and try to watch the game around all the people who insist on standing the whole game. I have a bad back and just can't do that. As long as we're winning I don't think the game itself is boring. I'm just glad I wasn't at the UAB game. If the loud rap music is supposed to attract the younger set, especially the students, it's not working. The game day experience is no longer attractive to me.

Have they gone to his boss? What does he say? This board does not give hope... the definition of insanity is saying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. What is the point of running the administration into the ground? It's been 5 years (?) and it's not helping anything. Everyone is just getting angry and bitter and hating what Tech currently is. Not good!
    The definition of insanity is DOING the same things over and over again and expecting different results. That's what the complaints have been about. Fans get to do that and fans have let it be known to those in charge. Again, silence is giving the nod that everything is okay. He gets a pat of the back from a few who give lots of money, but the overall attendance is spiraling down. Giving is likely going down as well, but we are always two years behind on finding out how LTAC stands.

+ Reply to Thread