+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Glad we have a winning season....

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Glad we have a winning season....

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    No doubt, I would have to bribe my 9 year old to attend either of the last two home games...sad part is if they were the least bit entertaining you probably have a fan for life...the game day experience makes a difference.
    My 11 y.o. would disown me if i KEPT him from going to either of the last two home games - he's begging to go to the So. Miss game too.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Why is it sad to you? You have been saying you no longer care, or care enough for it to bother you, so posts on an Internet FANS board should be totally meaningless. Or...

...are you just trying to convince yourself you don't care so you won't have to deal with the inevitable disappointment? I think the latter is true. But, I don't mean that in a bad way. You're like the rest of us...it's in your blood. You are a hopelessly dedicated Tech Fan! Sorry, bub, you are hooked!
    BOOM! You are correct D80, and he (T1) doesn't even know it. He wouldn't be here if he didn't care.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You lost some credibility with this one. We don't even have a 250k demographic up here.
    So the requirement to even believe we can have a ranked program is at least a 250,000 population threshold? I don't think Clemson, Auburn, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi State got the memo.

If you believe can, or you believe you can't, you're right.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    So the requirement to even believe we can have a ranked program is at least a 250,000 population threshold? I don't think Clemson, Auburn, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi State got the memo.

If you believe can, or you believe you can't, you're right.
    You didn't say "ranked" you said "on the level". That's not a reasonable expectation.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I know that I am a 71 year old fart. So what? I am not going to drive almost 650 mile round trip to listen to the overly loud Jumbotron ( I don't really mind Nancy) and try to watch the game around all the people who insist on standing the whole game. I have a bad back and just can't do that. As long as we're winning I don't think the game itself is boring. I'm just glad I wasn't at the UAB game. If the loud rap music is supposed to attract the younger set, especially the students, it's not working. The game day experience is no longer attractive to me.
    Pink Floyd attracts everyone. Play PINK FLOYD! Rap is not music, anyway.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I used to be a die-hard. But I've changed my perspective now. This isn't as big of a deal as I used to believe it was. I used to allow this program to affect my life... my joy, my sadness, my frustration, my glory. Now, it's just entertainment to me. I came here to celebrate a big road win over the defending champions last week in a game we were underdogs and the first thread I see is, "How much longer are we going to take this." It's sad to me.
    Man, one can be passionate without desperation

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Pink Floyd attracts everyone. Play PINK FLOYD! Rap is not music, anyway.
    Definitely agree with this.

Love Pink Floyd..

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Definitely agree with this.

Love Pink Floyd..
    Agreed! one of my favorite bands.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I fail to see where any of our fans on this board have wished that we have a losing season, some have contemplated whether or not anything good, such as a QB or philosophy change could be brought about if we have a losing season. We are all here because of our dedication to the University, if we were not, we would not be here commenting. I really do not see very many at all that want HCSH fired, they just want some changes and are passionate about voicing an opinion that reflects that feeling.

Some of you think the endless ranting that some of us do here on the board serves no purpose what so ever, it serves as a place to vent and a forum to hopefully have the admin know some of the observations these fans have made. We do not have as many people on the board as we did before the missed bowl fiasco with BVDV and Dykes, but there are still some people here who are passionate about this team despite the many faults many of us see with it.

Don't think for a minute this board is not monitored by some in the admin and there is also some from the City of Ruston who monitor this board, it is part of their job. Why does the City of Ruston matter, we have a Mayor who has deep connections and a deep love for Louisiana TECH. At some point merchants and fans complain to people in the City admin and Ronny Walker sees that the game day experience and the teams and coaches are affecting Rustons bottom line. Then it is time for the Mayor to start bending the ear of TECH administration and some of the donors to the University whom are also probably political donors to Ronny Walker. There is more at play here than plain wins and losses, there are now people who have a lot of $ invested in game days. NCAA football is now an economic engine, what do you think it has done for Oxford, Starkville, Auburn, etc.?

So no, we do not want to see this team with a losing season, we do not want to see HCSH fired, it would be to disruptive to the program right now, just some changes in strategy. WE want to see the game day experience regain its momentum and begin being fun again, whats wrong with that? That does not make everyone who disagrees with with the pumpers a Hater! We are glad that La Tech has a winning season so far and bowl elgible, just did not enjoy the journey to this point.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, we could do a lot better with the game day experience, it seems like teenagers are in charge of the video board and productions. I am certainly not qualified to say what does need to be done about the in game experience, but there has to be someone out there who does. I know it takes dollars, but there is bound to be some qualified people out there who can take the resources and advertisers we have and turn it into a much better experience for all parties concerned.

We have entirely too much juvenile influence on our stadium experience, we have got to do away with the High School mentality.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I have to listen to Comfortably Numb after a lot of Tech games

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

To be listened to we have to be more than constant complainers , offer solutions , you can be ignored if all of your posts are nothing but belittling and without any factual basis . I am not saying you can't complain about the worm burners and the slow handoff on running plays as they are obvious problems .
    As I stated earlier, write a letter to those in power like Dr. Guice and the mayor . Offer solutions and legitimate concerns . They are not going to tell Skip to bench JMar but it might be suggested that to get students and casual fans to Ruston we need to be more exciting on offense and it's Skip's job to address this issue .
    He also promised from day one that he would .

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Hopefully we can find a way to pull off the upset tonight and really make this a wonderful day.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    This^^

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    That's the best way to be BEFORE a Tech game.

+ Reply to Thread