+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/3: @ MS State Game

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: 11/3 @ MS State - 6:30 PM on SEC Network

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1988 View Post
    Holy cow, you guys do hate LSU. I understand the why, but really? Context---I grew up in Ruston and went to every Tech game. I was Champ. I have a Tech sticker proudly provided on my car (The Tech T with the stars and stripes). But, after living in BR, LSU peeps see Tech as the younger brother. Yall's hatred is almost comical. I do not mean to stir flames, but there is a divide. Why not hate on a divisonal rival? UAB maybe? UNT, sorry, North Texas. I still call ULL, USL, much to the hatred of those here in Laffy. I love Tech. Always will. My dad taught me to have TECH written across my four front teeth. But, y'all spend so much time and text about LSU and they only think of Tech when they play them.
    Not from LA, don’t care about the team. As an outsider I find their fans annoying.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post
    Anyone who examines the numbers and how much LSU control the money and many other factors that have stopped Tech and other school in state from progressing cannot have anything to do with LSU. Also, from personal experience that school does nothing to help and keep the best student from the state in the state, Tech does far more even with the huge discrepancy in funding even on a per capita basis. We are giving money to LSU every time we get a pay check and they are getting more than Tech is even if our children or ourselves are attending Tech. Do not ever think that LSU does not screw Tech, as well as ever other school in the state
    Amen!

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    SEC announced that we'll play against State the same time the other State plays Bama.
    I would have thought the Alabama game would have been the CBS 1:30 game.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Holy cow, you guys do hate LSU. I understand the why, but really? Context---I grew up in Ruston and went to every Tech game. I was Champ. I have a Tech sticker proudly provided on my car (The Tech T with the stars and stripes). But, after living in BR, LSU peeps see Tech as the younger brother. Yall's hatred is almost comical. I do not mean to stir flames, but there is a divide. Why not hate on a divisonal rival? UAB maybe? UNT, sorry, North Texas. I still call ULL, USL, much to the hatred of those here in Laffy. I love Tech. Always will. My dad taught me to have TECH written across my four front teeth. But, y'all spend so much time and text about LSU and they only think of Tech when they play them.
    Most people don't care for them because of their protected status through La. politics. Louisiana Tech hasn't prospered as well as deserved because of unequal funding and too many 4 yrs in sparsely populated N. La. partly due to protecting LSU from competition. Louisiana Tech and LSU should be more along the equal status of Georgia Tech and Georgia. So, dislike of LSU is more political - and certainly not illogical nor irrational.

I certainly hope your loyalty is not divided. Graduates of any school that supports another school over their alma mater is abominable, IMHO.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I would have thought the Alabama game would have been the CBS 1:30 game.
    LSU/Bama has been primetime on CBS every year since 2011

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Holy cow, you guys do hate LSU. I understand the why, but really? Context---I grew up in Ruston and went to every Tech game. I was Champ. I have a Tech sticker proudly provided on my car (The Tech T with the stars and stripes). But, after living in BR, LSU peeps see Tech as the younger brother..
    Do you make all the Tech games?

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I don’t “hate” LSU. I do get sick to my stomach at people that I KNOW that graduated from Tech buying season tickets to LSU and CONSTANTLY posting pics of their kids dressed in LSU clothing. They don’t support Tech in ANY way!! So no, I don’t HATE LSU, or people who actually went there. I can actually talk about LSU with them and enjoy it, because I know that’s their school. If there was a degree that was offered there that my son needed, I’d pay for it no problem. Have no problems with the school itself. The Walmart fans are a different story. They are the lowest form of life on the planet in my eyes. So when I wish for LSU to lose, it has nothing to do with the school itself. I just love seeing those pathetic losers act like their worlds coming to an end. What a bunch of pathetic parasites.
    You nailed it. If you went to LSU and you cheer for your team, more power to you. And I get it; the whole culture, the mystique of LSU and the connection to South Louisiana. It seems this wave of North Louisiana support LSU coincides with increased TV coverage and even more so into the Digital Age.

But woe to the traitor who gradutated Tech and sports LSU garb and rah-rah-rahs for LSU. They ought to get at least an asterisk on their brick on campus.

If we could ever play LSU at a neutral site, or (really dreaming) get a home/home set, without SEC refs, I like our chances. But I think a unicorn will prance down Tech Drive before this happens for the reasons frogdog stated.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

I see where Tech is Mississippi State's homecoming. I'm going to watch the Troy-LSU replay to, you know, stay full of sunshine.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Moo State found itself tonite, as did Fitz. Of course, opponents always seem to get "right" when it's time to play us. They also play defense as well, or better, than anyone we've seen, including LSU and UAB.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    This! I live around lots of LSU fanatics and they'll all be almost impossible to stomach if the Tigers beat Bama.
    With the offense Alabama has you are probably safe this year. I do not believe the opening point spread though, Alabama -14.5. Seems a little high to me, but we will see.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

I hope we find Fitz easier to tackle than FAU’s Singletary and Whyte. I have some doubts.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I’m just hoping we have a healthy RB after the game is over. Our read no option offense might get them plastered. If we score 17 points, I’ll be shocked.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

If I’m coaching Smith for this game, I turn him loose to see what he can do. “Go make plays son, this is your chance to prove them wrong.” Don’t worry about INT’s, or turning the ball over. Just go out there and make plays and have fun. Our conservative offense WILL NOT win this game. Period. The defense can only hold for so long. This game was written down as a loss by most to start the season, so we have nothing to lose. Turn them loose and see what they can do.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread