+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: 11/3: @ MS State Game

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 11/3: @ MS State Game

We looked like a lousy FCS team last night. Not a good FCS team, nope! a lousy one. Wasn't just Smith and the offense, we played no defense either. Wide open receivers, gaping holes in the DL, poor tackling when we did get close to 'em. Sucked!

D65 has been saying we have advanced beyond this level. NEVER again would we be blown out! Folks...that was a blow out. Some might say, well, it was ONLY 45-3, wasn't 66-3 or 73-3....people listen to me. Moo State's offense is ANEMIC!!! They don't have a high-powered offense, a quick-strike O. For them, scoring 45, is a lot of points. Well..

I am as disappointed as any of you. I expected a good effort. No, really, I did. To be honest I knew we would struggle on offense, we don't have a QB, our scheme is too vanilla, and Moo State has a legit good defense. But, still, I thought we might make a few plays on offense, like we did at LSU, and I was hoping our D would force a couple of turnovers. I had in mind we might lose 27-13 or some score close to that.

Instead we got a Holtz/Smith special.

Ferguson set the school record for sacks. Good for him. I don't feel like celebrating any such personal accomplishments on a night like that.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

We embarrassed ourselves. A typical Holtz-led performance. Our coaches and players should be ashamed, but honestly I’m not sure it bothers them.

Holtz has coached what little natural instinct Smith had for playing QB right out of him. The guy is robotic and stiff, and plays scared, much like Holtz coaches.

$700,000 for this crap. I sleep much better at night knowing my money is not contributing to this shit show.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I don't know if it bothers the players/coaches, I do know it's bothering me less and less. No! I am no less a die-hard Tech fan, it's just "what's the point?" As long as we have the Holtz/Smith combo this is the kind of crap we can expect. I am hoping we can survive this mess for another year+, get through 2019 relatively unscathed as a program, and then rebound. If we can get to 7 or 8 wins, go to a bowl, which we will in 2018 and hopefully again in 2019, then at least we won't have to suffer a 3-9 type season which can kill our program. We all know it hangs by a thread as it is. But, if we go 9-4 this year, and at least 7-6 next year, with a bowl, recruits and fans and supporters shouldn't be too turned off.

Then in 2020, with a real QB again, maybe we'll all have something to get excited about!

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    J'Mar's stats for tonight

14 of 31 for 98 yds, 0 TD's & 0 INT's

Yes people, you read that correctly. He didn't even pass for 100 yards tonight. If you look at J'Mar's passing stats over the last 5 games, it's bad. In the last 5 games, J'Mar has completed 53.9% of his passes for 889 yds and averaged only 177 yds per game.

He’s having a really bad season, like really bad. It’s worse than last season. Luckily Cusa is so watered down. This team would be a bottom feeder in the old WAC, easily.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I don't know if it bothers the players/coaches, I do know it's bothering me less and less. No! I am no less a die-hard Tech fan, it's just "what's the point?" As long as we have the Holtz/Smith combo this is the kind of crap we can expect. I am hoping we can survive this mess for another year+, get through 2019 relatively unscathed as a program, and then rebound. If we can get to 7 or 8 wins, go to a bowl, which we will in 2018 and hopefully again in 2019, then at least we won't have to suffer a 3-9 type season which can kill our program. We all know it hangs by a thread as it is. But, if we go 9-4 this year, and at least 7-6 next year, with a bowl, recruits and fans and supporters shouldn't be too turned off.

Then in 2020, with a real QB again, maybe we'll all have something to get excited about!
    I saw the Tech sidelines yucking it up near the end of the game, and I saw the rockstar laughing with someone on the field. That put the cherry on the top of this ridiculous excuse for a Div I football team and coaching staff. And some on here says Smith has ability and talent.....doing what? It sure isn't being a qb.

Trying to move past this mess from last night. And will. Just helps to talk it out (post).

We were so out-classed last night it's not funny. Again, keep in mind, Moo State is not Bama or Oklahoma with a high-powered offense that hangs 40+ routinely. They have a slow-motion offense that depends on methodical drives, and they ride their defense to big wins. Last night, if they had wanted to, they could have reached 60+.

Then I always relate such things back to personal experience. When I was in high school we, a group of friends, formed an "adult league" basketball team, mostly just for fun. Well, we swept our "division" with a perfect 10-0 record. There were 6 teams in our division, played everyone twice. Then we were off to the Jefferson Parish playoffs. We won some bi-divisional play-in game and we were all set for the "big party." Our first game we got clobbered 92-29, and that was with 15:00 halves. Games were just 30 mins. They scored 92 on us! Those guys were playing above the rim. OUT-CLASSED!!!

Driving home after that humbling experience, Cliff G. says, "well, we finished the season 11-1, that's pretty good." And we were like, Yeah!...let's go get pizza and celebrate. It's funny now.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Skip has taken our football program so backward that it has become a joke in the last few years.
    Our football team was such an embarrassment at this point.
    Dr. Guice needs to step up or otherwise he will have his name in the mud with the program killers, Tmac and Skippy.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Still trying to understand how this LA Tech defense could give us 327 yds rushing last night to what amounts to a mediocre MSU offense. I think the real difference was MSU QB Fitzgerald. Even though he's big, lanky, slow and white, he was the games leading rusher with 111 yds on 10 carries. Nothing new about it....it was what MSU had been running all season.

But our players acted as if they had no clue what was coming. Not only did our guys look like they had never watched any film of MSU's offense, they looked like they had never even seen MSU or Fitz reported on ESPN. Geeez.

This looked to me like nobody on our team had done ANY homework.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

We had hope that maybe we get lucky and grab a P5 win, but in reality we knew it would never happen. We knew we didn't have a QB capable of winning this game. We also knew of Skippy's record in such games.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Is Dancy hurt? Concussion? I am asking I don't know anything.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Here's a dude what needs his cowbell shoved up his arse:

https://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.c...ton-starkville

Big Dog Heavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really nice Heavyarms's Avatar

Looking at the "author's" previous "articles," this seems to be his schtick, make a bunch of sarcastic bullet points and claim it is satire under auspices of comedy. Judging by the number of positive comments hes received, hes a big hit. He's trying to hard to write the next "corndog" meme.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

The defense is demoralized. They know the offense is inept, and I think the “what’s the use” attitude has taken over. Hard to blame them too. It’s hard to give 100% effort over and over and over again when the offense gives you zero help.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if we don't want to get made fun of, we should get a football team.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's pretty dang funny.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

+ Reply to Thread