+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ruston High basketball

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Ruston High basketball

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Coach Konkol offered Rollin Belton from Ruston High school about 2 weeks ago. He is a sophomore about 6'7. He's got some development still left but is considered one of the top prospects in Louisiana for his class. We start competition this Saturday, October 27 against Rayville at 10 am at the Ruston High gym. It's a little scrimmage tournament with several area high schools. I'll post a Ruston schedule when I figure out how a little later for those who might want to try to catch a game and watch this prospect and possible future propects like his fellow sophomore whose a skinny shooter.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: Ruston High basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Coach Konkol offered Rollin Belton from Ruston High school about 2 weeks ago. He is a sophomore about 6'7. He's got some development still left but is considered one of the top prospects in Louisiana for his class. We start competition this Saturday, October 27 against Rayville at 10 am at the Ruston High gym. It's a little scrimmage tournament with several area high schools. I'll post a Ruston schedule when I figure out how a little later for those who might want to try to catch a game and watch this prospect and possible future propects like his fellow sophomore whose a skinny shooter.
    How's little Dirty's development going? I was excited to get to watch him play last year, but he didn't get off the bench in the game that I saw. I'm hoping he's able to play a bigger role for the Bearcats this year.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    How's little Dirty's development going? I was excited to get to watch him play last year, but he didn't get off the bench in the game that I saw. I'm hoping he's able to play a bigger role for the Bearcats this year.
    He's coming along really well. He caught the flu and was down for 3 weeks and never really got back to full strength, and played like it. So far he's starting, but that was just the scrimmages this past weekend. Against Rayville, he was 2-4 both 3 pointers in about 8 minutes time, and against Woodlawn, he was 4-4 again all 3s in about 10 minutes playing time. His defense is much better except he still has the mistaken impression that he's a shot-blocker. Coach Barmore was there for the Rayville game and liked what he saw. He told me he was talking to Coach Mcelroy? who told him that by the time he graduates, he could be the best shooter to come through Ruston. I don't know about that, but it's nice to hear. Still lacks the aggression on offense that I'd like to see, I think he's still too worried about upsetting his teammates, although he had a great play on his last 3 against Woodlawn. He got the offensive rebound and was going to go up for a lay up, but his coach told him to put up the 3. So he backed it out, and with the defender on him sunk the 3 in his face. I don't think he makes that shot last year, but he really had a good summer which has helped his confidence.
    We play tomorrow at Ruston against Wossman, I think. Freshman start at 4:30 followed by JV then varsity and then play at Parkway Saturday but don't what time or who yet.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

gonna try to make a few games this year. great to hear about Rollin.

Wossman waxed us. They are very good. Tall and quick and didn't even have some football players back. They'll go far. They have this one kid, #3, who's got the best lateral movement I've seen in probably over 20 years. You have to have a super quick first step to get by him, and he's a pretty good shooter as well. Their freshman, #24 or 22 I think, is going to be the real deal. He's already about 6'1 or 6'2 and great athletic build. He'll be one to watch.

Dude. I just realized you're at Pineville. With that in mind, here's my latest update. He's playing horribly, as is our whole team. We can barely dribble and airball most of our shots. And if it gets close, just put him on the free throw line as he shoots about 5%. Y'all should have no problem with us.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Dude. I just realized you're at Pineville. With that in mind, here's my latest update. He's playing horribly, as is our whole team. We can barely dribble and airball most of our shots. And if it gets close, just put him on the free throw line as he shoots about 5%. Y'all should have no problem with us.
    LOL. I don't coach basketball. I've seen our team play three times this year because I'm a high school ref. (For the record: We are much improved at 8-4, but still not tremendous. We play very hard, especially on defense, but we don't shoot it all that well.) I'm curious about my alma mater and your kid. That's all.

LOL. I don't coach basketball. I've seen our team play three times this year because I'm a high school ref. (For the record: We are much improved at 8-4, but still not tremendous. We play very hard, especially on defense, but we don't shoot it all that well.) I'm curious about my alma mater and your kid. That's all.
    I responded to this shortly after you posted, but I guess I didn't hit send. As you probably know now, we are 2-1 in District with a close loss at Natchitoches where the Bearcat Bomber had 6 3 pointers. Then we held on for a close win at home against Pineville where he had 5 3s in the first half and only 2 shots allowed in the 2cnd. He was leading scorer of that game. Y'all's #1 is simply phenomenal. If he had any height, he'd be a top D1 recruit. Tuesday, we won by 10 at home against Alexandria where the Bearcat Bust went 0 fer 6. lol. He'll have one of those games every now and then. Luckily we had the rest of them team playing well. Tonight we play at West Monroe. We had to bring the legacy to quick care this morning. Has some sort of sinus infection, but he'll be able to play. Last time he played sick, he had a really good game. He's excited for TMo to get some good action shots in our victory tonight.

I responded to this shortly after you posted, but I guess I didn't hit send. As you probably know now, we are 2-1 in District with a close loss at Natchitoches where the Bearcat Bomber had 6 3 pointers. Then we held on for a close win at home against Pineville where he had 5 3s in the first half and only 2 shots allowed in the 2cnd. He was leading scorer of that game. Y'all's #1 is simply phenomenal. If he had any height, he'd be a top D1 recruit. Tuesday, we won by 10 at home against Alexandria where the Bearcat Bust went 0 fer 6. lol. He'll have one of those games every now and then. Luckily we had the rest of them team playing well. Tonight we play at West Monroe. We had to bring the legacy to quick care this morning. Has some sort of sinus infection, but he'll be able to play. Last time he played sick, he had a really good game. He's excited for TMo to get some good action shots in our victory tonight.
    #1 is so, so quick. And a great competitor. He's a four-year starter, and he's been that exact same size since he stepped foot on campus. He makes us go. He got ejected in the ASH game (a dubious second technical) and we fell apart. We competed against y'all but didn't have enough. Ouachita ran us out of the gym. We are winless in district and travel to Natchitoches tonight. I agree that if #1 had any size, he'd be a big-time recruit. I still expect him to go the JUCO route and be a really good player at that level.

#1 is so, so quick. And a great competitor. He's a four-year starter, and he's been that exact same size since he stepped foot on campus. He makes us go. He got ejected in the ASH game (a dubious second technical) and we fell apart. We competed against y'all but didn't have enough. Ouachita ran us out of the gym. We are winless in district and travel to Natchitoches tonight. I agree that if #1 had any size, he'd be a big-time recruit. I still expect him to go the JUCO route and be a really good player at that level.
    I meant to add that the difference maker for us is the big TE, Ray Parker. Without him, I don't know that we beat you guys and the ASH game is closer. I'm not looking forward to Ouachita, but we gave them a pretty good game last year. I'm hoping to keep it close. I think we can give WM a run for their money and pull out the victory. If we don't fall apart like we seem to do if we get down, it could be interesting.

+ Reply to Thread