+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: J知ar Smith is not the answer nor a rockstar! Bench him now

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: J知ar Smith is not the answer nor a rockstar! Bench him now

I just don't like Kiffen. There's something about him....creepy. I think he's a "good" coach. But, he's not really been all that successful as HC wherever he's been. Check that....I paused to look it up: he was 46-24 overall as a college HC in 6 seasons, coming into this year. He has never had a losing season as a HC in college (he did for Oakland-NFL). He might have his first ever losing season this year. He has two 10-win seasons, at USC and at FAU. He is 1-2 in bowls.

I think I understand what it is I don't like about him: he played for Fresneck State.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We're treading water with Smith at QB. That's it. And we'll tread water next year too. Fortunately we are in the worst conference in FBS, and combined with a couple of joke OOC games, it's fairly easy to get to 6 wins and be....BOWL ELIGIBLE!....Yippee!

How bad is CUSA? Our best team....this year, because next year it'll be someone else....UAB got clocked by Coastal Carolina 47-24. That's Coastal Carolina...of the Belch...that's Coastal Carolina....who is nothing more than an FCS school pretending to be FBS. That's Coastal Carolina who lost to ulm 45-20.

Overall CUSA is 19-27 vs. non-conference opponents, and that mostly thanks to UNT is 4-0. Right now, pending Moo State, we're 2-1. That's 6-1 between us, so the rest of the league is a whopping 13-26. The hurricane cancelled two sure losses for CUSA too.

Yep! like the rest of you delusional souls, I'm happy we're bowling for a 5th straight year. And I hope we make it 5 Ws in a row too. I'm happy because the alternative to this moderate success is being a dreg, like Rice and UTEP. The worst of the worst of the worst in the nation. We can always say, we suck! but there are others who suck worse.

Sorry for the dose of reality....
    I beg to differ. CUSA is a close 3rd best conference in the Group of 5 with plenty of time to improve. Take away all the wins against New Mexico State, and the Mountain West would be a lot closer to CUSA and AAC while the Subelt would be farther away. You're just being very veRY VERY negative.

Mountain West OOC FBS wins - 17
    - Fresno State over Toledo and Idaho
    - SDSU over Eastern Michigan and Arizona State
    - Hawaii over Rice, Navy, Toledo, and Oregon State
    - SJSU over Army, BYU, and New Mexico State
    - Boise State over Troy and UCon
    - Colorado State over Arkansas
    - UNLV over New Mexico State
    - Air Force over Navy
    - Wyoming over New Mexico State

AAC OOC FBS wins - 12
    - Houston over Texas Tech
    - Memphis over South Alabama and Ga State
    - Temple over Maryland
    - UFC over FAU
    - Cincinnati over Ohio, Miami (Ohio), and UCLA
    - USF over UMass, Illinois, and Ga Tech
    - East Carolina over North Carolina

CUSA OOC FBS wins - 11
    - La Tech over South Alabama
    - North Texas over SMU, Arkansas, and Liberty
    - UAB over Tulane
    - UTSA over Texas State
    - FIU over UMass
    - Old Dominion over Virginia Tech
    - Marshall over Miami (Ohio)
    - WKU over Ball State
    - FAU over Air Force

MAC OOC FBS wins - 9
    - Buffalo over Army, Rutgers, and Temple
    - Ohio over UMass
    - Akron over Northwestern
    - NIU over BYU
    - Toledo over Nevada
    - Eastern Michigan over Army and Ga State

Sunbelt OOC FBS wins - 8
    - Texas State over New Mexico State
    - ULM over Southern Miss
    - Arkansas State over Tulsa and UNLV
    - ULL over New Mexico State
    - App state over Charlotte
    - Georgia Southern over New Mexico State
    - CCU over UAB

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Having no TOs was the difference in this game - but man, Tech didn't look good. Defense played well.
    Defense gave up 100 yards rushing by half. That's horrible.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    I beg to differ. CUSA is a close 3rd best conference in the Group of 5 with plenty of time to improve. Take away all the wins against New Mexico State, and the Mountain West would be a lot closer to CUSA and AAC while the Subelt would be farther away. You're just being very veRY VERY negative.

Mountain West OOC FBS wins - 17
    - Fresno State over Toledo and Idaho
    - SDSU over Eastern Michigan and Arizona State
    - Hawaii over Rice, Navy, Toledo, and Oregon State
    - SJSU over Army, BYU, and New Mexico State
    - Boise State over Troy and UCon
    - Colorado State over Arkansas
    - UNLV over New Mexico State
    - Air Force over Navy
    - Wyoming over New Mexico State

AAC OOC FBS wins - 12
    - Houston over Texas Tech
    - Memphis over South Alabama and Ga State
    - Temple over Maryland
    - UFC over FAU
    - Cincinnati over Ohio, Miami (Ohio), and UCLA
    - USF over UMass, Illinois, and Ga Tech
    - East Carolina over North Carolina

CUSA OOC FBS wins - 11
    - La Tech over South Alabama
    - North Texas over SMU, Arkansas, and Liberty
    - UAB over Tulane
    - UTSA over Texas State
    - FIU over UMass
    - Old Dominion over Virginia Tech
    - Marshall over Miami (Ohio)
    - WKU over Ball State
    - FAU over Air Force

MAC OOC FBS wins - 9
    - Buffalo over Army, Rutgers, and Temple
    - Ohio over UMass
    - Akron over Northwestern
    - NIU over BYU
    - Toledo over Nevada
    - Eastern Michigan over Army and Ga State

Sunbelt OOC FBS wins - 8
    - Texas State over New Mexico State
    - ULM over Southern Miss
    - Arkansas State over Tulsa and UNLV
    - ULL over New Mexico State
    - App state over Charlotte
    - Georgia Southern over New Mexico State
    - CCU over UAB
    Spin it!

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Sunshine Factoid: Tech, this year, has tied Auburn in hanging(optimistic spinning I know) 21 points on LSU. Tech put up more points than Ole Miss, Florida, MissState, Miami, SELA, GEORGIA in their respective games. Again, TEAM win.

I wanted to make sure and post this before the Alabama game, which will fun to watch.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Sunshine Factoid: Tech, this year, has tied Auburn in hanging(optimistic spinning I know) 21 points on LSU. Tech put up more points than Ole Miss, Florida, MissState, Miami, SELA, GEORGIA in their respective games. Again, TEAM win.

I wanted to make sure and post this before the Alabama game, which will fun to watch.
    I'll take it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Sunshine Factoid:
    Greatness!

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Which game would we not have lost with a different QB?
    With better QB play, Tech would have beat UAB this year.

Last year, Tech would have beat South Carolina, UAB, USM and UNT with better QB play. Plus Tech痴 butt-whipping by Mississippi State would have been a just respectable loss if it were not for the horrific QB play that night.

The bottom line is that the production at QB, as a whole, has been less than mediocre in 2017 and so far in 2018. Fortunately, this year, our team has been able to overcome the deficiency to this point.

The QB play so far does not deserve the label of Rock Star. In fact, it wouldn稚 even deserve warm-up act status for the Tensas Parish Fair.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Which game would we not have lost with a different QB?

Last year, Tech would have beat South Carolina, UAB, USM and UNT with better QB play. Plus Tech’s butt-whipping by Mississippi State would have been just a respectable loss if it were not for the horrific QB play that night.

The bottom line is that the production at QB, as a whole, has been less than mediocre in 2017 and so far in 2018. Fortunately, this year, our team has been able to overcome the deficiency to this point.

The QB play so far does not deserve the label of Rock Star. In fact, it wouldn’t even deserve warm-up act status for the Tensas Parish Fair.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Holtz should have gone shopping for a QB grad transfer. That approach worked out with Sokol and Driskel.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post

Last year, Tech would have beat South Carolina, UAB, USM and UNT with better QB play. Plus Tech痴 butt-whipping by Mississippi State would have been just a respectable loss if it were not for the horrific QB play that night.

The QB play so far does not deserve the label of Rock Star. In fact, it wouldn稚 even deserve warm-up act status for the Tensas Parish Fair.
    I think that is what is killing me. With AVERAGE QB play this year and last year would have been a hell of an opportunity.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly won't deny our deficiencies at QB. That said, to suggest we would have beaten UAB had J'Mar been benched is quite a reach. I don't think Elliot even started at JUCO. I watched several scrimmages and I don't believe he would have made a difference against UAB. I'm sure many contend that had Abraham stayed he would have led us to the win. Two problems with that: First, Abraham left. Second, it is presumptive to believe he would have made the difference. Heck, he only managed one touchdown against North Texas and tends to throw TD passes to the other team on a regular basis. In fact, I don't think Abraham will be the starter at Southern Miss any longer.

Could we have won with another qb? Sure. But could we have won with Elliot or Abraham (moot point)? I doubt it. With what we have, we need to have designed runs for J'Mar to stay in that game. Perhaps we would have still lost but it might have made a difference.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Holtz should have gone shopping for a QB grad transfer. That approach worked out with Sokol and Driskel.
    I thought the guy from LSU (that went to Tulane--McMillan?) was worth a look. Also, I would have called Driskel at FAU when he decided to "retire". Could FAU have blocked that transfer? I'm not sure but I thought he had graduated.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if every one of us is simply asking the wrong question?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Spin it!
    How is that spin? It's black and white. If you want to bring up the fact that UAB lost to Coastal, that's fine but I like to think of WHY they lost that game. Heck, ODU (not so awesome) beat Virginia Tech.

+ Reply to Thread