+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: J知ar Smith is not the answer nor a rockstar! Bench him now

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Re: J知ar Smith is not the answer nor a rockstar! Bench him now

Not arguing with you , my observations have been he is much less accurate when on the move . Just what I remember . Maybe if we did a deliberate move of the pocket he would be more accurate . You have a better background so I will defer to you .

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Interesting to watch given what we've watched over the past two years. I've felt like we've tried to fit J'Mar into a mold he doesn't fit. He's not a accurate thrower...so you move him around and pull the DBs off the targets. He's not a sit in the pocket guy, so you work on getting him out of the pocket to make something happen. It seems like his attributes (at least from the video) have been seen as things we've tried to remedy. The result is a guy who's fighting his impulses the entire time he's on the field. I'm okay not recruiting guys like him, but you don't bring him in and then try to make him into something he's not.
    Good take. And there’s nothing wrong with trying, but you gotta be smart enough to evaluate the results of your project. There’s beyond enough evidence confirming J’Mar is not a pocket passer.

Can’t teach accuracy and instinct. He has neither, but he does have a strong arm. So get him moving outside the pocket and make use of our WRs that are able to come down with 50/50 balls. Give him the green light to run the ball.

Watching J’Mar stand flat-footed in the pocket before either throwing an errant pass or getting sacked due to terrible pocket awareness is painfully difficult to watch.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious as to whether or not Holtz senses a strange pressure this week? Seems like he wouldn't want the offense to get completely shown up if Abraham plays for the other team. Might be as aggressive a plan as we've seen thus far.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

I just wish he ran like he did in the highlights!

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3040415...cb0d12f84711d0

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I'm curious as to whether or not Holtz senses a strange pressure this week? Seems like he wouldn't want the offense to get completely shown up if Abraham plays for the other team. Might be as aggressive a plan as we've seen thus far.

I fully expect him to complain about not having an indoor practice facility as his excuse of the week.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I fully expect him to complain about not having an indoor practice facility as his excuse of the week.
    I heard him talking about that on Fletch's show. But, to be fair, Tim brought it up and asked him how it could be advantageous. It was a softball.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

From watching the video, it’s obvious that he was better than his competition. I realize the highlights are only his good plays, so we don’t get the full picture of his high school performance. It is also apparent to me that Holtz is jamming a square peg in a round hole. Not a slap in the face to J’Mar, but several SWAC schools would know exactly how to utilize him.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LTUIronDawg View Post
    https://youtu.be/RB6XJ4BCx6c

J'Mar came here as a guy that would improvise and run with authority. Instead of letting him do what he does best they've coached him out of it.
    Wow! J'Mar looks like a much different player there, especially running the ball. And I didn't see him do one single "electric slide" in that video....

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Wow! J'Mar looks like a much different player there, especially running the ball. And I didn't see him do one single "electric slide" in that video....
    We apparently have an imposter, does not hardly look like the same QB. He did throw one or two up for grabs but other than that, he looked to be a much better QB in HS than now. Maybe it has been coached out of him or maybe the game just sped up too much for him, I don't really have an eye for that. He looks he can pass the eye test though doesn't he?

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    We apparently have an imposter, does not hardly look like the same QB. He did throw one or two up for grabs but other than that, he looked to be a much better QB in HS than now. Maybe it has been coached out of him or maybe the game just sped up too much for him, I don't really have an eye for that. He looks he can pass the eye test though doesn't he?
    Maybe the competition is better now than it was in his highlight film. How many opposing players on his high school highlight film are playing college football? I don稚 know, just a few questions that come to mind.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I watched his highlight film when we signed him. I thought he was a project, but a football player. Honestly, I feel bad for him in a way. It’s not his fault if he wasn’t developed or put in a place to succeed. We slowed down the offense once he got under center. Our creativity went out of the window. I can’t blame him for that. I think all of the people name calling Smith need to look at the bigger picture. I think he tried as hard as he could. His aggressiveness was coached out of him and then the coaches expected to be able to just put that back in his style. J’Mar, lead us to 9-3 and let’s win a bowl. He threw for 330 vs LSU. You can’t say he is incapable of throwing the ball. Our coaches won’t let him play loose.

Terry threw 6 picks.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    I watched his highlight film when we signed him. I thought he was a project, but a football player. Honestly, I feel bad for him in a way. It’s not his fault if he wasn’t developed or put in a place to succeed. We slowed down the offense once he got under center. Our creativity went out of the window. I can’t blame him for that. I think all of the people name calling Smith need to look at the bigger picture. I think he tried as hard as he could. His aggressiveness was coached out of him and then the coaches expected to be able to just put that back in his style. J’Mar, lead us to 9-3 and let’s win a bowl. He threw for 330 vs LSU. You can’t say he is incapable of throwing the ball. Our coaches won’t let him play loose.

Terry threw 6 picks.
    I think this is more than likely the answer to what happened to J’mar.

I was in Shreveport that Thanksgiving Day against USM, I just don’t feel the need to repeat it in half of my posts.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    From watching the video, it’s obvious that he was better than his competition. I realize the highlights are only his good plays, so we don’t get the full picture of his high school performance. It is also apparent to me that Holtz is jamming a square peg in a round hole. Not a slap in the face to J’Mar, but several SWAC schools would know exactly how to utilize him.
    If you have a sledgehammer large enough you can pretty much force any square peg through a round hole!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I was in Shreveport that Thanksgiving Day against USM, I just don’t feel the need to repeat it in half of my posts.
    Give it a few years. When the dementia starts to kick in, you'll feel an overwhelming compulsion to tell everyone what an amazing fan you are. (And filthy rich to boot!)

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    If you have a sledgehammer large enough you can pretty much force any square peg through a round hole!
    And it ends up looking like our offense, all to pieces

+ Reply to Thread