+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: J知ar Smith is not the answer nor a rockstar! Bench him now

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: J知ar Smith is not the answer nor a rockstar! Bench him now

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I’ve read a million times on this board that Elliot can do everything J’Mar can.
    Who said that? I have not read it a single time. Are you being literal again?

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

If Higgins doesn't get his DWI, and starts at Arkansas in 2016, who does Jack Abraham start for this Saturday?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Who said that? I have not read it a single time. Are you being literal again?
    I was being hyperbolic and I read it this morning. If you missed it, I can find it for you.

Why do you think Holtz would be scared of J樽ar bolting? You致e asserted that Holtz knows Elliot is better.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I was being hyperbolic and I read it this morning. If you missed it, I can find it for you.

Why do you think Holtz would be scared of J’Mar bolting? You’ve asserted that Holtz knows Elliot is better.
    It wasn't me who said Holtz would be afraid of JMar bolting. I don't think he is worried about that, but it is another theory on why...

I've never "asserted" Holtz knows Elliot is better. Nobody can move the ego far enough to get into Holtz' head. However it is mind boggling to consider than ANY of our backups could be worse than JMar.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Notice with a little over a minute to go with Tech up 28-13, Holtz is calling passing plays to try and pad Smiths numbers against Rice. There was no way Rice could win. All we had to do was run the ball and kick a FG to put us up 31-13 with 1 minute left to play. Against Southern, he chewed out Allen, with the exception that Allen was actually successful in scoring, while Smith threw a pick. Can someone explain that to me?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It wasn't me who said Holtz would be afraid of JMar bolting. I don't think he is worried about that, but it is another theory on why...

I've never "asserted" Holtz knows Elliot is better. Nobody can move the ego far enough to get into Holtz' head. However it is mind boggling to consider than ANY of our backups could be worse than JMar.
    The ego argument necessities acting to preserve ego at the detriment of the team. If Holtz doesn稚 know Elliot is better, the ego argument is toast and the less inflammatory (and frankly less fun) argument that he痴 just not very good at this aspect of his job wins the day.

If the Holtz is afraid argument has legs, it means that he痴 pretty sure none of the back-ups can perform...which leads us back to the alternative to the ego argument.

Where is the truth? I don稚 know. I do know that until just after our game Saturday, this team still had an outside shot at the CG, so I知 empathetic (or is it sympathetic) to anyone痴 reticence to make a big change.

I still don稚 know why Elliot didn稚 get a shot in the last two games, but J樽ar did play better in the second half, so it痴 hard to rationally argue with the result.

I知 just not convinced that Holtz is some boogie man who痴 destroying Tech athletics because of an off-hand comment from 2-years ago.

*necessitates

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Did you just TOTALLY MISS the point? (I guess you did.) Our outstanding 2018 receivers catch a lot more BAD PASSES from J'Mar (just look at this past weekend against Rice) than "good" passes that they drop. Keep up here.
    And? Why can稚 we fault both while appreciating what good they do? For every circus pass there is a dropped easy pass, and one or two that have turned into INTs.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Notice with a little over a minute to go with Tech up 28-13, Holtz is calling passing plays to try and pad Smiths numbers against Rice. There was no way Rice could win. All we had to do was run the ball and kick a FG to put us up 31-13 with 1 minute left to play. Against Southern, he chewed out Allen, with the exception that Allen was actually successful in scoring, while Smith threw a pick. Can someone explain that to me?
    It was absolutey dumb.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Why do you think Holtz would be scared of J’Mar bolting?
    I don't think it's that far fetched...

We already know that Smith's mom and Veal's mom almost came to blows at LSU

Could the "shielding" of J'mar from criticism and excuse mongering by Holtz been a part of the dynamic involved?

Nothing surprises me in today's world of college athletics
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Could the "shielding" of J'mar from criticism and excuse mongering by Holtz been a part of the dynamic involved?

The shielding is OBVIOUS for anyone to see except for those blinded by staring into the sunshine.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Did they get into it at LSU? I knew they did at UNT. Cops called and Tech fans stood beteeen them remainder of the game.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Did they get into it at LSU? I knew they did at UNT. Cops called and Tech fans stood beteeen them remainder of the game.
    I know that really shouldn't be funny, but ...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I know that really shouldn't be funny, but ...
    Yep, something about Veal’s momma yelling that her baby was destined for a spot in the NFL, and the QB was screwing it up because he couldn’t make the throws to him.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    YEP...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread