+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: J’mar Smith is not the answer nor a rockstar! Bench him now

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: J’mar Smith is not the answer nor a rockstar! Bench him now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I don't think it's that far fetched...

We already know that Smith's mom and Veal's mom almost came to blows at LSU

Could the "shielding" of J'mar from criticism and excuse mongering by Holtz been a part of the dynamic involved?

Nothing surprises me in today's world of college athletics
    May not be far fetched, but the motive is still missing. Why would Holtz care if the biggest underperformer of his career takes off? Unless what’s on the bench looks WAY worse. And, if that’s the case, he’s not shielding anybody...he’s making the right call.

It’s a lot to extrapolate from one spat early in the season.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Why in the world would he be scared of that?

That makes no sense to me. I’ve read a million times on this board that Elliot can do everything J’Mar can.
    Methinks you are just exaggerating again. I've NEVER read that even once here on BB&B. I have seen a ton of people --including myself-- say we want to see others given the opportunity to see if they can do better, but that we'll never know as long as Holtz continues to play hide the weenie with our QB's.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

May not be far fetched, but the motive is still missing. Why would Holtz care if the biggest underperformer of his career takes off? Unless what’s on the bench looks WAY worse. And, if that’s the case, he’s not shielding anybody...he’s making the right call.

TWO spats, and that’s not even mentioning the way the sidelines look at the home games. There is no comradarie when our team is on the sidelines. Watch them the next game. They look like a collection of individuals.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    TWO spats, and that’s not even mentioning the way the sidelines look at the home games. There is no comradarie when our team is on the sidelines. Watch them the next game. They look like a collection of individuals.
    Again, what does SKIP gain by keeping J’Mar “happy”. Again, it doesn’t make any sense.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

So either Holtz is doubling down on JMar because he's too proud to start someone else, OR JMar really is the best we have.

Both are equally scary.

There are scenarios where Holtz is not at fault here but that means there's something going on behind the scenes to force his hand.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    And? Why can’t we fault both while appreciating what good they do? For every circus pass there is a dropped easy pass, and one or two that have turned into INTs.
    That's simply not true. I realize you're just reaching so that you can try to save face, but the bad passes by J'Mar this season have far out paced the good ones. Our receivers are NOT the problem. We have some damn good receivers who are constantly put in the position of having to MAKE A BIG play out of a very poorly thrown pass. Just admit it.

Johnny, just SU. You're just trying to antagonize your friends here with your faked ignorance. It's so stupid. Holtz clearly DOESN'T BELIEVE J'Mar is an "under-performer", so THAT'S why he cares about J'Mar not leaving. Holtz doesn't "GET IT".

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

I was watching the Dallas game this weekend, and all of a sudden it hit me that Dak Prescott and J'Mar play very similarly at times - can't make a simple pass, but then has a big play thanks to a fantastic catch by a receiver. And ends up with good looking stats at the end of the game. Go figure.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I was watching the Dallas game this weekend, and all of a sudden it hit me that Dak Prescott and J'Mar play very similarly at times - can't make a simple pass, but then has a big play thanks to a fantastic catch by a receiver. And ends up with good looking stats at the end of the game. Go figure.
    I hope Dallas drafts Smith. Makes him their 1st overall pick!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    WOW! I can't believe your post. You are absolutely correct. I been telling my wife this same thing for several weeks now....that J'Mar and Dak look like the same QB, and both are getting worse instead of better with age.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Johnny, just SU. You're just trying to antagonize your friends here with your faked ignorance. It's so stupid. Holtz clearly DOESN'T BELIEVE J'Mar is an "under-performer", so THAT'S why he cares about J'Mar not leaving. Holtz doesn't "GET IT".
    I believe I've already addressed this possibility (which I happen to agree with...Holtz clearly thinks J'Mar is the best option). That is in stark contrast to those who have openly questioned Skip's integrity. It's one thing to call a guy a poor QB evaluator...it's quite another to call him an ego-maniac who's harming the team so he'll never be questioned.

And, if we can't antagonize our friends on a dreary Monday morning, what good is a message board!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Yep, something about Veal’s momma yelling that her baby was destined for a spot in the NFL, and the QB was screwing it up because he couldn’t make the throws to him.
    She can't handle the truth!

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I believe I've already addressed this possibility (which I happen to agree with...Holtz clearly thinks J'Mar is the best option). That is in stark contrast to those who have openly questioned Skip's integrity. It's one thing to call a guy a poor QB evaluator...it's quite another to call him an ego-maniac who's harming the team so he'll never be questioned.

And, if we can't antagonize our friends on a dreary Monday morning, what good is a message board!
    I don't know what it is but I certainly don't believe it is ego or any character issue.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my best guess: J'Mar is starting because Holtz thinks he gives us the best chance of winning. Holtz doesn't like to experiment with quarterbacks to prove or disprove his theory. Thus, he won't start another player over the determined starter unless there is suspension or injury. Of course, if we were 3-7 I imagine Holtz would be doing some experimenting but we're 5-1 in conference averaging around 28 points a game. The question for me is why he didn't play Elliot against Miss State? The only thing I can come up with is he thought it might be counterproductive to pull J'Mar earlier in that game. Maybe he thought J'Mar could have some success (because he thinks the biggest problem is in J'Mar's head). Maybe he thought we could need Elliot to play a larger role in the last 4 games. Maybe he thought it would do Elliot no good to play in the game.

I definitely didn't expect Elliot to play against Rice unless it was a blowout either way. I think he needed to stick with J'Mar and allow him to either make some plays or lose the game. I sorta got the idea that J'Mar senses the necessity because he definitely took some risks in the second half. Some of them paid off, others ended in interceptions.

All that said, Dancy seems to be the X-factor against CUSA teams. He's shown an ability to break long runs for TD's. I imagine he'll have to score some against Southern Miss for us to win that game as well.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's simply not true. I realize you're just reaching so that you can try to save face, but the bad passes by J'Mar this season have far out paced the good ones. Our receivers are NOT the problem. We have some damn good receivers who are constantly put in the position of having to MAKE A BIG play out of a very poorly thrown pass. Just admit it.

We do have good recievers. And good RBs. But they aren’t without their flaws. Its ok to put blame both, situationally someone is to blame for a drive stalling, whether it be a bad pass from Jmar, a poor catch by the reciever, or a stupid mistake gives us a penalty, or the play called up is straight nonsense.

If you want to put in a new QB, thats fine. Id love to see Westin play. But the other 3 issues will remain. If Westin is no better then all 4 issues remain.

+ Reply to Thread