+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: J知ar Smith is not the answer nor a rockstar! Bench him now

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Re: J知ar Smith is not the answer nor a rockstar! Bench him now

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Spoiled? A few months ago I posted on that topic. I "in thinking out loud" wondered if we UNREASONABLE ONES were indeed spoiled by recent "success." So, I explored that possibility. Then, and now, arrived at this:

First, many of us were, and still are, THRILLED by the run of the bowls. But, I attribute that to pent-up bowlitis. A disease brought on by an unfair period of no bowls. The 1999 team beat SEC Champion Alabama, was ranked in the Top 25, result, no bowl. The 2012 team...well, we all still remember that mess! And there have been many other examples of a Tech team with 7 wins, 8 wins, sitting at home come bowl season. So! as Tech fans we had been "bowl deprived," and dammit! we wanted to go bowling!

But, for the Sunshine Pumpers, and apparently for that fellow on the other site, which I don't even know what that is, we should now be FOREVER SATISFIED! The no-bowl mess has been rectified. Problems over. We have arrived, we are bowling every year now. Well, yeah, I love it! I don't know how many times I, and some others, have to post: WE ARE HAPPY WITH THE RUN OF BOWLS. I GIVE CREDIT TO HOLTZ FOR HIS ABILITY TO PREPARE THE DAWGS TO WIN THE BOWLS. But, okay....now that we have established this base...which I once compared to the Mt. Everest base camp at 18,000 ft., can't we PLEASE make a run at the summit!? That's 26,000 ft. on Everest, and it's tough to get there, true. Many try, and fail. Also true. But, I don't want to be satisfied to be sitting at the base camp and look up and see UCF planting their flag on the summit.

So, call me "spoiled" if that somehow helps you cope with Holtz's inability to get us past the base camp. But, if he can't do it. Then, get me someone who can get us up there.
    SPOILED? Hardly. Just waiting for Tech to make the next leap which is to win CUSA, make some noise in FBS other than winning 7 games against teams that are mediocre and below. I was a fan when we made the leap to D1. Been a fan ever since. Yes we are more "stable" now than ever before but we are not trending up. Holtz keeps talking about building. How long does it take to build?? Nobody that I know expects a national championship but we would like to see a team on the field that is pleasant to watch, not this lame crap Holtz has produced that last 3 years. So NO we are not spoiled we are just NOT SATISFIED. I listened to Holtz once again deflect any blame on his QB this morning on the radio. It's mostly the offensive line's fault that Smith cant recognize a pre-snap corner blitz and get rid of the ball rather than melt. Is it the o-line's fault when Smith has 4-5 seconds to make a decision whether to throw it to a receiver, throw it away or run and HE MELTS. Is it the o-line's fault when 50% of his throws are uncatchable.
    SO Holtz's refusal to address the obvious means we are all spoiled and the guys that sell their coverage of LA Tech thinks this board is unrealistic and delusional. Dont you all know that this is the glory days at Tech. Bowl game after bowl game - who has done better? I give Holtz credit for building us to a strong perennial bowl team that never wins its own conference. I am grateful we are not ULM but I am not satisfied. GUILTY

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    UCF was turned around in two years, they play in a harder conference.
    Skip inherited a better program than what UCF was and still can't muster one conference championship.
    Call It what you want but I'd rather have Kirk Cousins attitude and the will to win in a qb even if he doesn't have the physical attributes.
    UCF also has beaucoup students and moolah. That sure helped them in their rise to prominence.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    UCF also has beaucoup students and moolah. That sure helped them in their rise to prominence.
    Excuse after excuse after excuse ...

Not picking on you Amos, but your post is emblematic of a serious problem within the Tech family.

I would like to know the reason why in only its 18th game after returning from the dead, UAB was able to kick Tech's butt on the road and after 21 games is poised to win the CUSA west?

There has to be some inherent reason(s) why this is the case.

Money? Location? School size? Non-spoiled fans? ... I will argue no on any of these, because if these were the reasons, the program would not have sucked before its hiatus.

My argument is that they have a good coach who has a desire and external motivation to win big and do what is necessary to win big.

There is NO reason in the world that Tech should not have at least one CUSA championship between 2014 and the end of this year. Maybe with a little luck it can still happen, but ...

Unfortunately, complacency has gained a strong foothold within the Tech community.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post

Not picking on you Amos, but your post is emblematic of a serious problem within the Tech family.

I would like to know the reason why in only its 18th game after returning from the dead, UAB was able to kick Tech's butt on the road and after 21 games is poised to win the CUSA west?

Money? Location? School size? Non-spoiled fans? ... I will argue no on any of these, because if these were the reasons, the program would not have sucked before its hiatus.

My argument is that they have a good coach who has a desire and external motivation to win big and do what is necessary to win big.

There is NO reason in the world that Tech should not have at least one CUSA championship between 2014 and the end of this year. Maybe with a little luck it can still happen, but ...

Unfortunately, complacency has gained a strong foothold within the Tech community.
    They beat us last year too. I would imagine they’ll schedule us for homecoming next year. So is UAB our daddy, step daddy, or the milk man?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    Before we are going to lose more fans
    I will try and explain to you REALITY -- during Dykes and Skip years fans had one of greatest scoring machines and attendance did not get much better -win or lose about the same-- heck, they blamed it on "hunting season - I have been sitting on 50 yard line student side since stadium built and frustrated with attendance -- Dracula crowd will point out some great crowds but that's when we get Southern -Miss State and teams who have fan base attend --

assume we have 14k students and 7k males -- start with that -- we do not have "rivalrys " we are a suitcase college-like it or not. EXAMLE -- LAST YEAR FLORIDA ATLANTIC STAYED PACK -- AT THIS YEARS GAME THEY ANNOUNCED 14 but about 8k reality !! 20K STUDENTS body and less than 10k at game --
    It is about winning and fan base disappeared as they lost each week --you assume QB is issue but its WINNING -- oldest rule in almost sport- no substitute for WINNING -- 6-2 HECK OF A GAME AGAINST LSU and Sagarin has a #3 in Cusa-- N Texas and UAB ahead of us --- another big issue is almost EVERY GAME can be found live on TV or internet -- rain- cold etc - I wish they would drive over but if they watch on TV they are still fans-- I have 3 brother ( Alan played for Tech years ago) Sister who watch from Texas and Arkansas --we are not losing these fans ...

read this carefully with open brain --1. Ruston is small and Tech has reputation of solid traveling Fan base for Texas games - and Bowl games

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t know that many of the folks that usually sit around us at football or basketball games. They stopped coming last year and I haven’t seen many of them this year. We have winning records, but we are still losing people.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post

OK Brad-- this is NOT EXCUSE --JUST EXPLAINATION - when UAB started up again in 2016 NCAA allowed them 40 scholarships

Tech had 23 -they signed 39 - we did pretty good with our recruits but they signed a ton of players.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Tech fans would hate Bill Clark as our coach. He's a defensive guy who has boring offenses and likes to win 10-0. But I think he's the best coach in CUSA.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Tech fans would hate Bill Clark as our coach. He's a defensive guy who has boring offenses and likes to win 10-0. But I think he's the best coach in CUSA.
    He has been the past two years with "more seasoned players". If he does it again next year I'll agree.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He has been the past two years with "more seasoned players". If he does it again next year I'll agree.
    I bet he leaves this year. He loaded UAB up like Sonny did Tech. They are going to be an FCS team next year.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

So since we know that UAB will suck next year, who will be the favorite to win the conference next year?

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    So since we know that UAB will suck next year, who will be the favorite to win the conference next year?
    North Texas returns just about everybody. Will be interesting to see if Littrell leaves.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I bet he leaves this year. He loaded UAB up like Sonny did Tech. They are going to be an FCS team next year.
    I had never really considered that, but had thought it was strange that he hung around for two years. Now thinking about it, he had no decent offers coming of a 6-6 season in 2014, but had no chance of being fired for three years. It's like he got a 2 year contract extension for going 6-6 (something like our AD was reward a coach for ). You are right though. Somebody will hire him and UAB will be back to their old suckiness.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Have schools learned nothing from Dooley, Dykes, and others hired elsewhere? It has never made sense to me when G5 head coaches jump to being a P5 head coach. And many times it happens after a coach has loaded up on Jucos or 5th years and had 1-2 good seasons. These coaches may be good recruiters, but often they are terrible at developing a player.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Have schools learned nothing from Dooley, Dykes, and others hired elsewhere? It has never made sense to me when G5 head coaches jump to being a P5 head coach. And many times it happens after a coach has loaded up on Jucos or 5th years and had 1-2 good seasons. These coaches may be good recruiters, but often they are terrible at developing a player.
    You池e saying it doesn稚 make sense from the schools standpoint? In most cases, I agree that it痴 a big gamble. It makes perfect sense for the coaches. You had better strike while the iron is hot, because you池e only one season away from it turning ice cold.

+ Reply to Thread