+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: J’mar Smith is not the answer nor a rockstar! Bench him now

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: J’mar Smith is not the answer nor a rockstar! Bench him now

I say again,

"Some of these threads and posts on BB&B are resembling the same symptoms as TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome)".

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I say again,

"Some of these threads and posts on BB&B are resembling the same symptoms as TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome)".

Jack >>>>> J'mar

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I say again,

Not even freaking close and you know it. It’s amazing how many Tech fans love to be mediocre.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Not even freaking close and you know it. It’s amazing how many Tech fans love to be mediocre.
    http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

There is something us fans can do if we don’t want to be “mediocre”.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

There is something us fans can do if we don’t want to be “mediocre”.
    It's the chicken or the egg thing regarding athletics. Our AD has been given the tools to work with and an unprecedented amount of money to build new "stuff". He is not taking full advantage of his resources.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It's the chicken or the egg thing regarding athletics. Our AD has been given the tools to work with and an unprecedented amount of money to build new "stuff". He is not taking full advantage of his resources.
    Plus, I'd be more at peace with the financial situation if it were "simply" a question of money.

As it is, about half our fans (the ones that are left) have no desire to be anything more than a Sun Belt/Southland team. More money in the bank just means bigger checks to South Carolina State.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Plus, I'd be more at peace with the financial situation if it were "simply" a question of money.

As it is, about half our fans (the ones that are left) have no desire to be anything more than a Sun Belt/Southland team. More money in the bank just means bigger checks to South Carolina State.
    Also, in his mind, our AD must think we can agree to play the big boys for less, since donors are giving more(for now).

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Ok. Looking it some of the recent audits. If we are to trust those numbers we get:

1.2 to 1.5M for tickets
    2 to 2.7M in institutional support
    1 to 1.2M in guarantees
    1 to 1.2M in contributions
    67k for parking and concessions

What is your formula for improving that? And how much improvement do you expect to see from such a strategy?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Ok. Looking it some of the recent audits. If we are to trust those numbers we get:

1.2 to 1.5M for tickets
    2 to 2.7M in institutional support
    1 to 1.2M in guarantees
    1 to 1.2M in contributions
    67k for parking and concessions

What is your formula for improving that? And how much improvement do you expect to see from such a strategy?
    "Recent" is 2 years ago. We have not even see the numbers from the 2017 season yet. We both know attendance and ticket sales will be down for the 2017 and 2018 seasons. Also, the 2016 numbers reflect contributions to the new project(s) flowing through LTAC. We also know that the usual LTAC giving is going down even though our AD tried to force it up when he tied season tickets qualifications to LTAC giving.

1 million in guarantees is awful. He in not capable of negotiating.

67K in parking fees and concessions? Really? Some high schools do this well. Think about that. That's less than 20K per football game and does not include other sports. Yes, I realize they have overhead like popcorn, hotdogs, and water bottles.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Here is the thing when it comes to alumni money.. the days of people giving blindly for the school are gone. That isn’t how the younger generations process, they question “why”, “what’s it going to be used for”, etc. they along with people like myself who are in the ever tightening middle class also want to make sure their money goes as far as it can.

If you want my money then you have to give me something of value for it. At one time that could be as simple as the products we were putting on the field/court. Right now there is nothing of value for my consideration of their offer. There is nothing to entice me to give to LTAC, pay ticket prices, concessions, gas, 4-5 hours of traveling time one way.

My wife and I love Louisiana Tech, we have 4 degrees between the two of us, numerous family members with Tech degrees, and who were employees at Tech. We want to retire to Ruston someday possibly. We would love to work in the athletic department And help better things. All that to say, about a year ago we sat down and decided how best to use the little funds we have each year to give to Tech, and that now goes into the academic mission of the university for scholarships etc.

Until the product on the field from a coaching and athletic administration stand point drastically changes, Nothing will be coming back to athletics, except the occasional single game tickets.

Some people will say if you don’t give we can’t grow, well that’s on the AD now, because he is the prime driver in this car wreck financially.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

More and more I am inclined to think this has more to do with our offensive game plan and less to do with our rockstar.

I think you put JMar in a different scheme with a different coordinator and he would thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    More and more I am inclined to think this has more to do with our offensive game plan and less to do with our rockstar.

I think you put JMar in a different scheme with a different coordinator and he would thrive.
    Maybe not thrive, but it you are bound and determined to declare him as your best QB you have to design around him not force him into what he can't do.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

He throws a bad ball, that wouldn’t change. He doesn’t make great reads, or go through his progressions well. Now he might have more success in a different scheme because you can hide some weakness etc depending on the scheme. So I agree I think he would be seen as better a bit, so yes Skip is a big part of the problem, but J’Mar still isn’t the caiilber of QB Tech has or the kind to run an offense like we need to have.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post

What scheme do you believe would fit JMar's style? I can't think of one. He can't or won't run, and is a very inaccurate passer. He is indecisive when it comes to when and where to throw the ball. I believe we need both a different play caller and/or OC and a different QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    What scheme do you believe would fit JMar's style? I can't think of one. He can't or won't run, and is a very inaccurate passer. He is indecisive when it comes to when and where to throw the ball. I believe we need both a different play caller and/or OC and a different QB.
    He has been consistently better when we run fast paced. When we get ahead we start doing the meer cat crap and running for 1 or less on EVERY 1st down.

+ Reply to Thread