+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Westin Elliott - Redshirt?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Westin Elliott - Redshirt?

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    This is exactly correct. Guy has no vision at all when he does decide to run. One of the best examples was the first drive of the bowl game last year after the fumble recovery. He decided to tuck and run and had a ton of space right in the middle of the field, but instead made a hard left toward the sideline where there were 2 or 3 defenders waiting on him. Turned a 15-yard gain into 3 yards. Have seen the same happen several times this year as well.
    That's because he was trying to run out of bounds so he wouldn't have to take a hit.

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    He's a afraid to get hit. A wuss. He "runs on eggshells" as the old saying goes. Horrible, because he's chickenshit. And yes, this offense needs a QB who will tuck and run, both in called plays, and when a play breaks down and the field opens up. Smith won't do either.
    No need for that kind of language for a guy trying to lead the Bulldogs. Yes he could do better but don't use that kind of language toward him. That was just unacceptable.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I'm not sure how to get an accurate read on J'Mar's ypc because the sacks confound the data. He's not a dynamic runner but he is more than adequate for 4-5 designed runs (not rpo's) per game imo. Our offense simply isn't good enough without that wrinkle. We can keep getting mad but it ain't going to change without an schematic change. That seems obvious to me.
    We either don't run RPOs, or J'Mar can't read. There is absolutely no way the D-Line stays on J'Mar every single snap. It doesn't make any sense, either logically or statistically.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    We either don't run RPOs, or J'Mar can't read. There is absolutely no way the D-Line stays on J'Mar every single snap. It doesn't make any sense, either logically or statistically.
    Truth

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Obviously everyone on here is smarter than our coaches, but I did want to take a second to point out to everyone that a RPO is a run/pass option, where the line run blocks and the quarterback has the option to either hand it off or hit a quick passing route before the linemen get too far downfield to be flagged for ineligible receiver downfield. A read option is a run play where the quarterback has the option to hand it off or pull it and run it himself. This is the type of play that you guys (and probably everyone else in the stands) want J'Mar to keep the ball and run on. We run both types of plays, but since the first game, we haven't passed much on the RPO plays that have been called. Carry on.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    Obviously everyone on here is smarter than our coaches, but I did want to take a second to point out to everyone that a RPO is a run/pass option, where the line run blocks and the quarterback has the option to either hand it off or hit a quick passing route before the linemen get too far downfield to be flagged for ineligible receiver downfield. A read option is a run play where the quarterback has the option to hand it off or pull it and run it himself. This is the type of play that you guys (and probably everyone else in the stands) want J'Mar to keep the ball and run on. We run both types of plays, but since the first game, we haven't passed much on the RPO plays that have been called. Carry on.
    Many RPOs, including those in the offense we run**, include both a read option and a pass option. It's essentially the new triple option: give to the back, keep, or pass. Not all RPOs include the QB keeper option, and maybe ours don't, because J'Mar never seems to pull.

**By we, I mean the high school where I teach and coach, not the Bulldogs.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Docman5 View Post
    No need for that kind of language for a guy trying to lead the Bulldogs. Yes he could do better but don't use that kind of language toward him. That was just unacceptable.
    Until he lowers his shoulder and takes on a tackler to gain extra yards...he's chickenshit. His lousy play is unacceptable.

BTW, when I first typed that, I paused and thought, some snowflake is gonna gripe about that term. I changed it to something less descriptive. And then I thought, no, it best describes his unwillingness to act like a football player. Nothing special about him. Would you accept Dancy, McKnight, Tucker, hook sliding to avoid contact? Well, maybe you would...

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I swear I didn't even know we still had that silly "Hall of Fame" board. I haven't been on there in at least 2 years.
    they miss you desparately -- I for one will miss you but at least you posted 6 times to make your 30,000th post and at usual it was brilliant --

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    they miss you desparately -- I for one will miss you but at least you posted 6 times to make your 30,000th post and at usual it was brilliant --
    Looks like your 5,000th post is coming up soon, 65. I'm sure it will be equally as brilliant.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Looks like your 5,000th post is coming up soon, 65. I'm sure it will be equally as brilliant.
    plan to take one of your previous posts-- something extra mean about Holtz-JMar or our AD --- GO DAWGS!! told Dave you hate "gotta love it "

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

plan to take one of your previous posts-- something extra mean about Holtz-JMar or our AD --- GO DAWGS!! told Dave you hate "gotta love it "
    There you go again. I never said I hate "you gotta love it:"

Oh well.....I told SportDawg that he could unplug your life support system to charge his cell phone. I guess we're even.

There you go again. I never said I hate "you gotta love it:"

Oh well.....I told SportDawg that he could unplug your life support system to charge his cell phone. I guess we're even.
    MY GRANDKIDS (9) of them laugh and say "PAPA being silly" --OMG you have Zero since of humor . SPORTSDAG has power of attorney and will inherit my 65 million business (NO JOKE) -- I have a will mandating life support not allowed . in fairness Sportsdawg is usually embarrassed by my personality but having spent 18 years being reared by a Colonel and living on Air Force bases I am never going to be bullied -- My dad did 2 tours Vietnam -2 tours Korea - Papal Pontificate and greatest man I ever knew -we brought him to Hockey games and Tech games even when he was losing to Alsheimer -- I was reared hardcore -- try, please get a sense of humor .... to make you feel better-- DAVE NEVER WAS NEVER TOLD YOU HATE 'gotta love it " and I can not confirm you think I am the guy who frustrates you with "Go Dawg" -- I may not be THE SUNSHINE PUMPER" which offends you. I will not end this with GEAUX DOGS
    Last edited by Dogsince65; 10-31-2018 at 03:59 PM. Reason: s

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

MY GRANDKIDS (9) of them laugh and say "PAPA being silly" --OMG you have Zero since of humor . SPORTSDAG has power of attorney and will inherit my 65 million business (NO JOKE) -- I have a will mandating life support not allowed . in fairness Sportsdawg is usually embarrassed by my personality but having spent 18 years being reared by a Colonel and living on Air Force bases I am never going to be bullied -- My dad did 2 tours Vietnam -2 tours Korea - Papal Pontificate and greatest man I ever knew -we brought him to Hockey games and Tech games even when he was losing to Alsheimer -- I was reared hardcore -- try, please get a sense of humor .... to make you feel better-- DAVE NEVER WAS NEVER TOLD YOU HATE 'gotta love it " and I can not confirm you think I am the guy who frustrates you with "Go Dawg" -- I may not be THE SUNSHINE PUMPER" which offends you. I will not end this with GEAUX DOGS
    Thank you for your dad’s service. I am so thankful for guys like him.

But you’re still a freak show.😬

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

I look forward to seeing what Elliott can do.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Our coach talked about replacing defensive players, but has never talked about replacing offensive players.

+ Reply to Thread