+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Westin Elliott - Redshirt?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: Westin Elliott - Redshirt?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I just have a problem with all the guys who have transferred. It is really convenient for Abraham to be able to say, “I just wasn’t happy or comfortable there.” If he was the starter or getting meaningful time, do you think he would have left? I don’t. Starters usually aren’t unhappy no matter where they are. All these players transferred for a reason. I think it our QB killing coach and system.
    It's the nature of the beast in Division I football right now. QBs all over the country are transferring left and right if they aren't the starter. I don't like the trend, but we can't pretend that this is a problem that is limited to Ruston. LSU lost its third and fourth QBs during fall camp.

Just look at what has happened at Georgia. The Bulldogs started a freshman, Jacob Eason, in 2016. He got hurt in 2017 and was replaced by another freshman, Jake Fromm. Eason transferred to Washington is likely the starter next year to replace Jake Browning. Georgia brought in another highly-touted QB, Justin Fields, who has played as Fromm's backup QB this year. It will be interested to see that situation play out and if one of them ends up transferring during the offseason.

I hate losing guys, especially a guy like Abraham who didn't stick around long enough to even compete for the job, but it's not an isolated problem and it's not anything that Skip Holtz is doing wrong. There are backup QBs all across the country who believe they should be starting, and they're looking toward greener pastures to get that opportunity.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Then there was Ryan Higgins, who watched as his coach brought in QBs from elsewhere, relegating him to the bench yet again. Then, he does something stupid, nearly blows his opportunity! but when the dust settles has one of the best seasons ever for a Tech QB, culminating in that exciting bowl win over a ranked Navy team. And it was Higgins' quarterbacking that led us on that game-winning drive. If his CFB career were made into a movie, many wouldn't believe it.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Big difference is there is a valid argument for why the starter is the starter at those other schools.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

With everyone transferring here and there and having to sit out a year in a lot of cases, it will take three or four years for this to shake out and for us all to see if this was a good or bad change. This will have some unintended consequences, not even remotely sure what they will be, but I bet there will be some surprises.

+ Reply to Thread