+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Westin Elliott - Redshirt?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Westin Elliott - Redshirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Who got dismissed without a chance, again?
    I just have a problem with all the guys who have transferred. It is really convenient for Abraham to be able to say, “I just wasn’t happy or comfortable there.” If he was the starter or getting meaningful time, do you think he would have left? I don’t. Starters usually aren’t unhappy no matter where they are. All these players transferred for a reason. I think it our QB killing coach and system.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Ideal? That’s like saying it’d be funny if we lost to Rice. Cutting off your nose to spite your face...
    I didn’t say I want us to lose. I’m not that crazy.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I didn’t say I want us to lose. I’m not that crazy.
    I was poking fun at someone else. Tech fans need to seriously consider some things.

1. Skip isn’t going anywhere if he doesn’t start losing a lot more games each year.

2. Skip isn’t going anywhere if he doesn’t start winning more games each year and get a few conference championships.

If I have just made up my mind that I can’t stand Skip and su want him out, I’d call path 2 more ideal than path one.

I was poking fun at someone else. Tech fans need to seriously consider some things.

1. Skip isn’t going anywhere if he doesn’t start losing a lot more games each year.

2. Skip isn’t going anywhere if he doesn’t start winning more games each year and get a few conference championships.

If I have just made up my mind that I can’t stand Skip and su want him out, I’d call path 2 more ideal than path one.
    I agree. However, how confident are you that our coach can deliver option 2?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I agree. However, how confident are you that our coach can deliver option 2?
    I’m a crappy prognosticator, but I feel fairly confident that option 2 is more likely than option 1.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Who are all of these stud QBs that transferred?
    Walker stated that he wants to be a starter right now. Understood, Holtz hated to see him leave and he left on good terms.
    Price Wilson (listed at 6'-1" 245, but was more like 5-11 260) and a sack drill dummy. Wilson moved on to Bryant University (who? where?) and has lead his team to a 2-4 record.
    Abraham has thrown about as many TDs to the opponent as he has to his own teammates. With time he will likely fix that issue.

Elliott is a serviceable backup, Allen will be good in time, Cox was a walk-on that got Walker's ship, and we have some very talented QB recruits in consideration with this class in Kinkead Dent 6-5 195 http://www.hudl.com/profile/3999965/Kinkead-Dent and Jakson Thomson 6-3 200 https://247sports.com/Player/Jakson-Thomson-46040491/. Coincidentally, Thomson is from the same high school in Dallas that produced Matt Dunigan.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Who are all of these stud QBs that transferred?
    Walker stated that he wants to be a starter right now. Understood, Holtz hated to see him leave and he left on good terms.
    Price Wilson (listed at 6'-1" 245, but was more like 5-11 260) and a sack drill dummy. Wilson moved on to Bryant University (who? where?) and has lead his team to a 2-4 record.
    Abraham has thrown about as many TDs to the opponent as he has to his own teammates. With time he will likely fix that issue.

Elliott is a serviceable backup, Allen will be good in time, Cox was a walk-on that got Walker's ship, and we have some very talented QB recruits in consideration with this class in Kinkead Dent 6-5 195 http://www.hudl.com/profile/3999965/Kinkead-Dent and Jakson Thomson 6-3 200 https://247sports.com/Player/Jakson-Thomson-46040491/. Coincidentally, Thomson is from the same high school in Dallas that produced Matt Dunigan.
    Not sure we have a stud QB on the roster at all. We probably have 8 guys on our sideline who could go 3 and out as often as QB1.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Jakson is impressive . I hope he comes to Tech!
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/6536094/Jakson-Thomson

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Bottom line is what matters most. The wins at FAU and North Texas were big. Dancy is more important than who's taking snaps from center in conference. If he's healthy, we're a tough team to beat in CUSA.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Ideal? That’s like saying it’d be funny if we lost to Rice. Cutting off your nose to spite your face...
    Thank goodness we have a defense. Our offense was funny to watch.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Thank goodness we have a defense. Our offense was funny to watch.
    Our offense used to be "fun" to watch. Now it's "funny." Egad!

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

As long as Holtz and Smith are at Tech, Smith will be the QB.

One thing I’ve noticed about our team is we are very slow starters. We are a different team towards the 2nd half, but I can’t tell you how many of our opening drives are 3 and outs.

We are also a far better offense when we go uptempo. Which makes me scratch my head why we don’t do it more often. Drives where we hurry the play usually results in us scoring.

This teams defense will keep them in every game we play, but our offense will never make it comfortable.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    As long as Holtz and Smith are at Tech, Smith will be the QB.

One thing I’ve noticed about our team is we are very slow starters. We are a different team towards the 2nd half, but I can’t tell you how many of our opening drives are 3 and outs.

We are also a far better offense when we go uptempo. Which makes me scratch my head why we don’t do it more often. Drives where we hurry the play usually results in us scoring.

This teams defense will keep them in every game we play, but our offense will never make it comfortable.
    Was it the first drive Im thinking of here: number 74 basically kills it with an unsportsmanlike penalty?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Its always something.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

What bothers me most about our QB is that even when he completes a pass, even on the short outside screens,
    it is seldom in a location that enables the receiver to catch it in stride. His stats look pretty good usually.

+ Reply to Thread