+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Westin Elliott - Redshirt?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Westin Elliott - Redshirt?

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    I hope our president is taking note of the consistent decline in attendance this year and last year. With the new stadium upgrades and repeat bowl eligibility the program is losing its appeal. No other explanation than the product on the field is boring and frustrating. Tech has always struggled to consistently break 22-23k in attendance but this year especially its a 10k swing in the wrong direction.

ULMNLU sold $8 tics last week. Not saying we need to do that but 2k @ $10 is better than O @ $0.
    You have to match the price to the product. The market sets the price at the value to which the public is willing to pay.

I'll be in Ruston on Thanksgiving weekend. If I hadn't already sworn not to attend any Holtz debacles again, I certainly would not pay 2x21=$42 dollars to see whatever shitshow he decides to scrape together. A reasonable person (which I'm not) might be persuaded for $5-10 tickets. Is it worth having to watch 4 hours of Holtzball? Maybe. There's a price point there for optimum attendance. $21 is not it. That's a lot of money per head to go watch us struggle against awful teams. If we are serious about attendance, which we're not, we have to lower the price of attendance. Otherwise, you're squeezing blood from a stone.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    All that said, I think it would have been constructive to let the backup play entire 4th quarter against Miss State. It is weird to me that Skip didn't allow it. I can't even think of a good reason why he didn't. J'mar didn't need to play anymore and he was obviously struggling. To play someone else seems logical considering the circumstances. It certainly causes me to question the motivation and nobody has asked Skip why he didn't let someone else play. I'm open to any possible explanation but have yet to hear one. Pleas enlighten me if you you have a theory.
    My guess is that Cox isn't ready and he doesn't want to blow Elliot's redshirt. If I'm right, we'll see Elliot over the next few weeks as he could play in every game left and the bowl game and keep his shirt.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    My guess is that Cox isn't ready and he doesn't want to blow
    just gonna leave this here ...

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    You have to match the price to the product. The market sets the price at the value to which the public is willing to pay.
    Only if you know how to run a program/business. TMAC doesn't so, we are screwed with high prices, crappy OOC deals, lack of home games, and currently a crappy offensive product.

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

As for Scott and Craft, I don't think it really mattered about who started. Boston got the majority of carries and was, ultimately, drafted.

This QB issue isn't malicious imo. I think Holtz may be trying to protect Smith. But it's not helpful for someone to shield them from consequences. If, instead, Holtz is trying to protect himself, that's problematic on many levels.
    Scott got the majority of carries only after Craft was banged up when they were seniors. I thought they were both good backs, but I thought Scott was the better runner when they were sophomores, but got very limited carries. Maybe there were other reasons Craft got the majority of carries--better blocker, better receiver (debatable), etc.??

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    And if I remember correctly, it was a day game and hot as hell.
    It was a day game, but it was beautiful weather. Not hot at all. The Rice QB was the coach's son. Can't remember his name. Talk about a team that wouldn't quit! It was a fun game to be at, even if it was a nail biter after being a blowout..

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    It was a day game, but it was beautiful weather. Not hot at all. The Rice QB was the coach's son. Can't remember his name.
    Hatfield.

That was a beautiful contrast in offensive philosophy.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Hatfield had been a receiver for Arkansas under Broyles and was the Air Force Academy coach before coming to Rice. I couldn't think of his name either. Thanks inudesu. I believe he ran the wishbone at AF.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    My guess is that Cox isn't ready and he doesn't want to blow Elliot's redshirt. If I'm right, we'll see Elliot over the next few weeks as he could play in every game left and the bowl game and keep his shirt.
    I considered that reasoning. However, it seems like he would only keep Elliot from getting some time against Miss State unless he is considering making a change in starting QBs. The circumstances of the Miss State were appropriate to play the backup. Odds are at least 2 of our last 3 games will not be as appropriate. In fact, I suppose we will be more effective on offense for the next 3 games. Do you think he intends to play Elliot in the next 4 games regardless of how effective we are on offense?

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

I really want to believe this was all a calculated and clever plan by Holtz to save redshirts, etc, but I just don't buy it.
    J'Mar aint coming off the field unless he loses his helmet or gets injured. Like Boxer said, last game was the perfect time to give another QB some snaps.
    We are stuck with rockstar QB1 for another 16-17 games. Yay.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    And if I remember correctly, it was a day game and hot as hell.
    I remember it as a beautiful day. Weather history shows afternoon temps were at 60.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Hatfield was a RB in that game. Herm was the QB that lit us up in 2nd half. Hatfield did not play QB in the game.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Do you think he intends to play Elliot in the next 4 games regardless of how effective we are on offense?
    I hope. All we can do is go on what he said after the Southern game. JMO, but I would not have thrown him to the wolves at Miss St.. I do think he should have put Cox in. Do we even know if Elliot has been traveling?

Puppy kbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nice kbm86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I hope. All we can do is go on what he said after the Southern game. JMO, but I would not have thrown him to the wolves at Miss St.. I do think he should have put Cox in. Do we even know if Elliot has been traveling?
    I saw him on the sideline Saturday in Starkville.

+ Reply to Thread