+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: +20.5 at Miss State

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: +20.5 at Miss State

Well, apparently there won't be whining, gnashing of teeth, and griping after we lose to Moo State. Everyone seems to think we're gonna get donkey-stomped, so when something happens you expect, what's there to complain about? The Sunshine Pumpers will be thrilled getting hammered, reminding us we are 6-3, bowl-bound!, so shut up and enjoy the ride. The realists will be....real, saying, well, this was expected, what's the use of griping?

I was trying to channel some positive vibes, posting how we could actually compete, and then who knows...funnier things have happened. But, after reading post after post all predicting a 3 TD beat down, I'm done.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

To Dawg80's point, I think the bolded part below says it all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This defines the problem I have with this years team. We've had several teams in the past where I just KNEW we had the talent and a real shot at beating a P5 school. This year ain't it.

I think the offense will show up very late to the party, and leave all the dirty work to the defense. After going down big early (24-7?), the Dogs will fight back to dress up the score a bit, but still lose 38-17.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Heart says- just relax and enjoy, it’s just a pay to play game

Head says- Wait a hot minute... who negotiated this crap deal?

If we keep it 3 TD’s or less, I’m ecstatic!!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

I am the Sunshine Pumper and OMG they love to misrepresent me== I saw us beat Alabama twice live--I saw us beat Ole Miss ( the fans bailed at half time ) But I was at the Florida game when we lost 77-0 and Houston with my sons on sideline when we were destroyed BUT THOSE DAYS ARE GONE!! as the most ridiculed Sunshiner ( which I am proud of) I expect a game similar to Texas AM in Shreveport , I did not bail at halftime . The Poinsetta Bowl vs TCU etc--- I have never missed a bowl in 50 years and pretty goofy to say us die-hards are "thrilled to be hammered" -- we pumpers expect us to be competitive and outgrew the getting hammered $$ game mentality--- THIS IS FOR THE CASUAL readers of BBB -- its about 8-10 Vampires who dislike Pumpers who refuse posting negative because we we have seen our program facilities, talent and days of UT Arlington, Mcneese,behind us ... So get this right -- I do not expect to be hammered and sure as heck believe LSU is better than Miss State and I took Tech and 23 -- believe in our Defense and hopefully we get our running game going.

inference we happy with 6-3?? hell no! we expect to be at 9 wins and a bowl -- yeah, Southern miss is 34 wins and 15 losses against Tech lifetime but I watched Charlette embarrass them last nite on youtube --QB thew several picks and fumble -

I am like that proud father who sees more good in their kids and grandkids , yeah I see the faults in them but I see more good --LIFE is so much happier that way -- I will not put Go Dogs because HOGDAWG does not like that ... but he does like "gotta love it" from Dave like I do ...

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Heart says- just relax and enjoy, it’s just a pay to play game

Head says- Wait a hot minute... who negotiated this crap deal?

If we keep it 3 TD’s or less, I’m ecstatic!!
    Me also -- I will cover my little bet --

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I am the Sunshine Pumper and OMG they love to misrepresent me== I saw us beat Alabama twice live--I saw us beat Ole Miss ( the fans bailed at half time ) But I was at the Florida game when we lost 77-0 and Houston with my sons on sideline when we were destroyed BUT THOSE DAYS ARE GONE!! as the most ridiculed Sunshiner ( which I am proud of) I expect a game similar to Texas AM in Shreveport , I did not bail at halftime . The Poinsetta Bowl vs TCU etc--- I have never missed a bowl in 50 years and pretty goofy to say us die-hards are "thrilled to be hammered" -- we pumpers expect us to be competitive and outgrew the getting hammered $$ game mentality--- THIS IS FOR THE CASUAL readers of BBB -- its about 8-10 Vampires who dislike Pumpers who refuse posting negative because we we have seen our program facilities, talent and days of UT Arlington, Mcneese,behind us ... So get this right -- I do not expect to be hammered and sure as heck believe LSU is better than Miss State and I took Tech and 23 -- believe in our Defense and hopefully we get our running game going.

inference we happy with 6-3?? hell no! we expect to be at 9 wins and a bowl -- yeah, Southern miss is 34 wins and 15 losses against Tech lifetime but I watched Charlette embarrass them last nite on youtube --QB thew several picks and fumble -

I am like that proud father who sees more good in their kids and grandkids , yeah I see the faults in them but I see more good --LIFE is so much happier that way -- I will not put Go Dogs because HOGDAWG does not like that ... but he does like "gotta love it" from Dave like I do ...
    Does this mean you are taking Tech and 24?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We lost to UF 77-0? What year was that? (yes, look it up...) I was there for the 60-0 loss to UH, with Andre Ware at QB.

Who bailed at halftime of the aTm game? I assume you mean the 2012 game. I didn't even bail on that 60-0 game...I stayed until the clock read 0:00. In fact, I have "bailed" just one time EVER on Tech, and that was a MBB game at Centenary when we had Tiger and G and Zach Johnson and managed to get drilled by the Gents, and I had had enough and walked out with less than 2 mins on the clock, the Dawgs down by about 12 pts. That's it. Have never left early at a Tech football game...never. Back to that MBB game, I feel bad about it till this day. I was frustrated, yes, but shouldn't have quit on the Dawgs.

To me Sunshine Pumpers = Flamers and neither have any credibility. Things are neither "all great" or "all horrible." I prefer Realists who call a spade, a spade. When a Realist heaps praise they mean it, because they are also quick to lay blame or level criticism. CREDIBILITY.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I went all the way back to 1950 and couldn't find a 0-77 game vs. UF. Maybe it was pre-WWII.

BTW, what I did notice, when Aillet was coach, with just a few minor tweaks, we played the exact same schedule (10 games) every year! Often in the same order, just switching sites, home/home. Man! scheduling was easy back then.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    as the most ridiculed Sunshiner ( which I am proud of)
    Just to clarify ...

You’re not the most ridiculed because you’re a sunshine pumper. You are ridiculed bc you always talk about what a great fan you are. (And, to a lesser degree, bragging about your wealth.)

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I went all the way back to 1950 and couldn't find a 0-77 game vs. UF. Maybe it was pre-WWII.

BTW, what I did notice, when Aillet was coach, with just a few minor tweaks, we played the exact same schedule (10 games) every year! Often in the same order, just switching sites, home/home. Man! scheduling was easy back then.
    We played only 8 games in 1965. We went 4-4. Good thing there was only 8 games, because we stunk back then. We went 1-9 in 1966.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

you know he doesn't let facts get in the way of his narrative

We've only played UF twice: losses 41-3 and 34-7. No 77-0 loss.

We lost to UF 77-0? What year was that? (yes, look it up...) I was there for the 60-0 loss to UH, with Andre Ware at QB.

Who bailed at halftime of the aTm game? I assume you mean the 2012 game. I didn't even bail on that 60-0 game...I stayed until the clock read 0:00. In fact, I have "bailed" just one time EVER on Tech, and that was a MBB game at Centenary when we had Tiger and G and Zach Johnson and managed to get drilled by the Gents, and I had had enough and walked out with less than 2 mins on the clock, the Dawgs down by about 12 pts. That's it. Have never left early at a Tech football game...never. Back to that MBB game, I feel bad about it till this day. I was frustrated, yes, but shouldn't have quit on the Dawgs.

To me Sunshine Pumpers = Flamers and neither have any credibility. Things are neither "all great" or "all horrible." I prefer Realists who call a spade, a spade. When a Realist heaps praise they mean it, because they are also quick to lay blame or level criticism. CREDIBILITY.

1988 -Florida state 66-3 --they threw long td on last play of game. My friend Bob went to game - Big tech fan
    1991 Houston 73-3 david Klinger set ncaa TD passing record for 1 quarter -- 2 memories -my sons were on sideline with team and not allowed into locker room ( sportsdawg) AND that team refused to quit--we ended up in Independence bowl

I bailed BEFORE HALFTIME OF NORTHEAST (JACKSON BOWL) --Pat Collins destroyed us -- and left last 5 minutes of UAB game this year ..

that game last year when lightening delayed the game for hours-- had grandson and his mother wanted us back--

Sunshine is to me a person who choses to go thru life as optimist and rather talk about the upside - go to every game with concern about the opponent == realist is the guy who was afraid NORTHWESTER could beat us because the had good QB and WR -- posted that week of game and ridiculed BEFORE GAME. No offense but I could care less what negatives come at me on internet -- its all my Tech friends who I share time with before, during and after the game ... BBB needs someone like me and several others who try to stay positive - we see the problems but plenty of folks happy to share their miserable attitude --( I actually like you since the NT game and your commitment to tech for all these years

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Does this mean you are taking Tech and 24?
    got 21 -- but not the over/under

+ Reply to Thread