+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: +20.5 at Miss State

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: +20.5 at Miss State

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We've only played UF twice: losses 41-3 and 34-7. No 77-0 loss.
    sent you private message but here it is--

Florida State 1988 -- 66-3 --they threw long TD on last play
    Houston 1991 73-3 David Klinger set NCAA TD passing record in first half --- Sportsdawg and brother on sideline

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    you know he doesn't let facts get in the way of his narrative
    anyone really care?? you were on the sideline with team and you saw Kinger set NCAA record in first half for passing td -73-3- 1991

the 1988 game was against Florida state team that beat us 66-3 anyone REALLY CARE WHAT THE REAL FACTS WERE -

I pay attention to facts in my business and share memories of 50 plus years Tech games -- getting old and not going to google exact scores or even which Florida team beat us --
    By the way Sportsdawg-- it was Klinger not Carr--I googled. not buying you Bowl Tickets ( just joking-- he loves to correct me )
    Last edited by Dogsince65; 11-01-2018 at 06:48 PM. Reason: spell

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    1988 -Florida state 66-3 --they threw long td on last play of game. My friend Bob went to game - Big tech fan
    1991 Houston 73-3 david Klinger set ncaa TD passing record for 1 quarter -- 2 memories -my sons were on sideline with team and not allowed into locker room ( sportsdawg) AND that team refused to quit--we ended up in Independence bowl

I bailed BEFORE HALFTIME OF NORTHEAST (JACKSON BOWL) --Pat Collins destroyed us -- and left last 5 minutes of UAB game this year ..

that game last year when lightening delayed the game for hours-- had grandson and his mother wanted us back--

Sunshine is to me a person who choses to go thru life as optimist and rather talk about the upside - go to every game with concern about the opponent == realist is the guy who was afraid NORTHWESTER could beat us because the had good QB and WR -- posted that week of game and ridiculed BEFORE GAME. No offense but I could care less what negatives come at me on internet -- its all my Tech friends who I share time with before, during and after the game ... BBB needs someone like me and several others who try to stay positive - we see the problems but plenty of folks happy to share their miserable attitude --( I actually like you since the NT game and your commitment to tech for all these years
    Sounds like you are a hater hater.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post

the 1988 game was against Florida state team that beat us 66-3 anyone REALLY CARE WHAT THE REAL FACTS WERE -
    No but you used specific language in an unspecific way. Next time just say blown out.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I have a different feel than most of the comments about our game against Mississippi State. I actually think we might beat them. Something about the ugly, brawling type of contest is a situation in which our players seem comfortable. I expect this game to lack aesthetics and rhythm. I imagine Baker will pressure Fitzgerald from the start and he'll have to make good throws to get us off his back. To me, a healthy Dancy is a big deal for our offense. He's better than many thought (including me). The guy is tough. The enigmatic J'Mar emerges at unpredictable times. Anyway, I see the X-factors as Jackson on defense and Dancy on offense.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    The enigmatic J'Mar emerges at unpredictable times. Anyway, I see the X-factors as Jackson on defense and Dancy on offense.
    Bohemian Rhapsody Rockstar breakout?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Bohemian Rhapsody Rockstar breakout?
    Love the reference!! Excellent summation of J'Mar.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I have a different feel than most of the comments about our game against Mississippi State. I actually think we might beat them. Something about the ugly, brawling type of contest is a situation in which our players seem comfortable. I expect this game to lack aesthetics and rhythm. I imagine Baker will pressure Fitzgerald from the start and he'll have to make good throws to get us off his back. To me, a healthy Dancy is a big deal for our offense. He's better than many thought (including me). The guy is tough. The enigmatic J'Mar emerges at unpredictable times. Anyway, I see the X-factors as Jackson on defense and Dancy on offense.
    The key is not letting Fitz beat us with his legs. Might be easier said than done, but have to try. Offense has to play "perfect," which means no turnovers or bonehead plays. Make the simple plays...like throw it to a guy wearing the same color shirt, and it means catching the ball when it comes to you. Special teams too, be efficient. Gonna try a FG...make it! Punt the ball like a Division I punter should, and tackle people who should be tackled. Everyone do his job...and who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The key is not letting Fitz beat us with his legs. Might be easier said than done, but have to try. Offense has to play "perfect," which means no turnovers or bonehead plays. Make the simple plays...like throw it to a guy wearing the same color shirt, and it means catching the ball when it comes to you. Special teams too, be efficient. Gonna try a FG...make it! Punt the ball like a Division I punter should, and tackle people who should be tackled. Everyone do his job...and who knows?
    I don't think they will be patient enough to just pound the rock with Fitz. If we get him in a couple of negative plays, they will probably overreact and attempt to challenge our corners deep. If he can throw it accurately, that could do it. If not, I can see us giving them a scare.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they get cocky and try to pick on #21!

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Gonna go out on a limb and say they take have overlooked this game and we catch them off guard. It will still be tough to win but I'm going to be optimistic and say we keep it close.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

We give up 22 pts per game and have played the 95th ranked strength of schedule. State avgs 27 pts per game and has played the 8th toughest schedule. I think it is safe to say that State will at least score their avg.
    Likewise we avg scoring 28 pts per game and they avg allowing 13 pts/game against much better offenses. We will be lucky to get to 13.
    On paper this one isn't close and on the field our only chance is to somehow score north of 20 pts and be about +3-4 in turnovers.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    We give up 22 pts per game and have played the 95th ranked strength of schedule. State avgs 27 pts per game and has played the 8th toughest schedule. I think it is safe to say that State will at least score their avg.
    Likewise we avg scoring 28 pts per game and they avg allowing 13 pts/game against much better offenses. We will be lucky to get to 13.
    On paper this one isn't close and on the field our only chance is to somehow score north of 20 pts and be about +3-4 in turnovers.
    If we play perfect and MSU plays bad you think there is a chance?

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    If we play perfect and MSU plays bad you think there is a chance?
    Dont think we even have to be perfect but gotta be our best game of the year in all 3 phases and we cant be negative 2+ in turnover battle. We are talented enough to win but not talented enough to win if we play like we have played most of the year.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

When we beat State 22-14 under Dooley they had 5 turnovers that helped us greatly. If we get 5 takeaways tomorrow, I like our chances. Provided we don't negate that by turning it over ourselves.

+ Reply to Thread