+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 11/6: MBB at Wichita State

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: 11/6: MBB at Wichita State

Evansville finished 17-15.

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Beating Wichita State, especially on the road, is a quality win. But lest we forget, the Dawgs beat Evansville in that tourney as part of a 5-0 start, or something like that.

We finished 17-16.
    The health of Joniah White and injuries to other players probably cost us several games.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Beating Wichita State, especially on the road, is a quality win. But lest we forget, the Dawgs beat Evansville in that tourney as part of a 5-0 start, or something like that.

We finished 17-16.
    Beating Wichita State at their place a much better win as far as perception. Tech was impressive and we played tough down the stretch when the Shockers made a run. It was an impressive performance. I’m really interested to see how we do at LSU Friday.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Evansville finished 17-15.
    They also suffered some injuries, as I recall. But, my point is, at the time it was a good win. As is the Wichita State win....a very good win! But they are young and we don't know how they'll finish....maybe 17-15 too. You don't have to sell me on Wichita State. I remember when they were one win away from the Final Four with Cliff Levingston and Antoine Carr leading their team. They lost to LSU in the regional final, I think.

As for Tech MBB, we haven't danced since 1991. Until we actually do again, I'm not interested in "potential" and early season wins in November. Let's beat quality opponents in March...then we can talk.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

They also suffered some injuries, as I recall. But, my point is, at the time it was a good win. As is the Wichita State win....a very good win! But they are young and we don't know how they'll finish....maybe 17-15 too. You don't have to sell me on Wichita State. I remember when they were one win away from the Final Four with Cliff Levingston and Antoine Carr leading their team. They lost to LSU in the regional final, I think.

As for Tech MBB, we haven't danced since 1991. Until we actually do again, I'm not interested in "potential" and early season wins in November. Let's beat quality opponents in March...then we can talk.
    You’re right about Wichita State, this could be a rebuilding year for them. But at least for now it’s a strong win based on their reputation. We’ll find out more about our team on Friday at LSU. But I like what I’ve seen so far.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    You’re right about Wichita State, this could be a rebuilding year for them. But at least for now it’s a strong win based on their reputation. We’ll find out more about our team on Friday at LSU. But I like what I’ve seen so far.
    Wichita just beat Baylor. That should help their RPI -- and hopefully Tech's as well

+ Reply to Thread