+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rice Attendance?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: Rice Attendance?

11-12K real number at Rice. Maybe 8K for WKU.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    In that it isnt affecting student attendance. Nobody’s saying “Well Im just not gonna go to the game now that I cant party it up in Hideaway Park.”
    The biggest issue is student interest in the game itself is low. Its been low, even when we were doing pretty good and had exciting offenses.
    The students stopped going to the park for two reasons. The main reason is that our AD took away the parking privileges available to the students. They now have to take stuff in before 8:00am or lug ice chests and other necessities from as much as a mile away. Student attendance was at an all time high in 2011 ish and growing. It has been steadily declining since then for many reasons, but what happened at the beginning of 2017 put a stop to any potential attendance growth by students.

Many have the attitude that students should just show up...the "ever loyal be" crap so many of our administrators think works. Students are customers too. They have to be asked over and over and over. Make it fun for them and stop blaming the greeks for the problems. Instead, work with the greeks and other student organizations to make things happen.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

We can argue the why, but there us no argument that student attendance has fallen dramatically.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    We can argue the why, but there us no argument that student attendance has fallen dramatically.
    Yes, the actual student attendance can be debated/discussed, but not the reason the park attendance went down. Our AD knows that and has been presented with the simple fix.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Per our homecoming attendance, I’d say overall attendance is down too.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Skip is in charge of our front porch for others to view us. This means fielding a watchable team . Last year and this year are only watchable by true fans only .
    I am not advocating firing Skip but I am hoping this is discussed at the end of the season and a plan is developed to make needed changes .
    I am not a coach so I will be acceptable to what ever is done as long as something is done.
    If football is the front porch I don't know what the analogy for basketball is maybe front door anyway we need to address the inability to rebound in both ends and stop drives to the hoop. We don't have a home court advantage anymore .

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    Skip is in charge of our front porch for others to view us. This means fielding a watchable team . Last year and this year are only watchable by true fans only .
    I am not advocating firing Skip but I am hoping this is discussed at the end of the season and a plan is developed to make needed changes .
    I am not a coach so I will be acceptable to what ever is done as long as something is done.
    If football is the front porch I don't know what the analogy for basketball is maybe front door anyway we need to address the inability to rebound in both ends and stop drives to the hoop. We don't have a home court advantage anymore .
    I can’t say I am a true fan anymore since Skippy’s team has been unwatchable for me.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    The archaic tailgating policies hurt.

The ramping up season ticket prices with a mandated LTAC donation hurt.

The continued dumping on your season ticket holders by selling those same LTAC level seats for single games at cheaper prices hurt.

The kicking students out of the park hurt.

The focus on creating a concert at the expense of parking hurt.

There is tons you can do to fix this. I just don't see it coming.
    Yep all the above. The student attendance issue made a 180 when tailgating in Hideaway was destroyed with rules
    Now we have reverted back to poor student attendance

Demand for product makes it easy to raise tic prices but when the quality of the product (entertainment value NOT just Ws & Ls) demand declines & if adjustments aren’t made then u end up with 10k in attendance when the team is 6-3. If you beat or even compete well with teams like Ms State then that also helps to boost interest. I personally used to consider myself a rain or shine fan. Been one for 40 yrs but my interest level is at an all time low. WHY? The product is painful to watch. We have lost the casual fan which accounts for about 5k, we have also lost some traditionally engaged fans -another 5k
    Down to the Thanksgiving weekend crowd every week. Our president should get concerned.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    11-12K real number at Rice. Maybe 8K for WKU.
    If the real number is north of 10k I will be shocked.

East will be a wasteland plus the band

West will have splotches in the middle. Very few on the wings.

Announced will be 17-18k

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

I used to recruit people to come as I had from 1 to 3 extra tickets . Now I will not ask anyone to watch the product we are putting on the field on offense .

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    If the real number is north of 10k I will be shocked.

Announced will be 17-18k
    I agree about the 10K number, but I don't think even our Emperor AD will try to cheat that much. Students WILL NOT be there.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    I used to recruit people to come as I had from 1 to 3 extra tickets . Now I will not ask anyone to watch the product we are putting on the field on offense .
    In all honesty, you are doing your university a service. I mean this in all manner of seriousness, if you brought someone to watch this years team, chances are they will never come back. I’ve been a diehard fan of the Dogs for a relatively long time, and my interest now is at an all time low. If it wasn’t for this site, I’m not sure that I’d ever go back anytime soon.

With our HC's post game "it's the defenses fault we only scored 3 points", I fully expect him to say how disappointed he is in the fan turnout for the Rice game. He made similar comments after the UTEP game.

I wish he would say that to my face . I was all of the home games and some away games last year and this year and all home games since 1965 except for 1989-91 as I was in Chicago .
    He would be calling Lou for help as I detailed his responsibility as head of our football program and his short comings in this role and when he asked me if I could do better i would sure my actions would to promote you to AD, make Joe Sloan head coach and let Joe do his job.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    With our HC's post game "it's the defenses fault we only scored 3 points", I fully expect him to say how disappointed he is in the fan turnout for the Rice game. He made similar comments after the UTEP game.
    Yep, I listened. Holtz (angrily) laid all the blame on the D, never mentioned QB. And the interviewer did not ask about offense and and certainly about the QB. It's like everyone seems to know "Don't ask Skip about QB". The elephant in the room.

When is the show time/date where fans can call in and ask questions? I listened to 97.7 last week with Teddy Allen and I don't recall there being a time where fans could call in. Is there another radio show where we can call in?

+ Reply to Thread