+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rice Attendance?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Rice Attendance?

Announced 15K

Actual 10K

Western will be even worse.

Is attendance supposed trend downward when a team is going to its 5th straight bowl? Is this message board the reason we don't have 20K+ at home games?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Rice Attendance?

Aren't they having fireworks for the Rice game? If so, then Rice will beat us 30-27.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Actual will be 9,990. 10 of us will be at a reception in town for friends who were married out of town last month. I feel pretty good about my choice of which event to attend.

Puppy Snaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the roughSnaredad is a jewel in the rough

Maybe we could boost attendance if Tech offered a refund to those of us who invested in season tickets and LTAC. Just a thought, I feel like a refund is reasonable after what I've seen this season.

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Part of growing up is admitting when you're wrong. I said for MANY years "if Tech could just pull together 2 or 3 winning seasons that the dynamic of college football would change in North Louisiana"....and basically that we'd create a following that would be significant. Sadly, I was wrong. It truly does make me sad and it puzzles me. Our team isn't great, but we're 6-3 with a chance to have a 9 win regular season. And for us to be worried about attendance really is an odd thing. Those of us who've followed Tech for years know what's probably going to happen...and it's simply sad. Guess it's the product on the field and the quality of competition. I wish there were an answer....

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Snaredad View Post
    Maybe we could boost attendance if Tech offered a refund to those of us who invested in season tickets and LTAC. Just a thought, I feel like a refund is reasonable after what I've seen this season.
    Then Tommy and Skip couldn't go down to Squire Creek and yuk it up at our expense.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    Guess it's the product on the field and the quality of competition. I wish there were an answer....
    It is partly the product on the field and the competition, but this mess did't just pop up this year. It has been developing for 5 years. We have much of "the stuff" players like to see when they visit as recruits, but the focus of our admin has stayed on the great fans who made that happen rather than giving some focus to the small givers and marketing to build that fan base. Also, totally ignoring the students is not a good thing, but it is a simple fix and results would probably be seen as early as 2019.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It is partly the product on the field and the competition, but this mess did't just pop up this year. It has been developing for 5 years. We have much of "the stuff" players like to see when they visit as recruits, but the focus of our admin has stayed on the great fans who made that happen rather than giving some focus to the small givers and marketing to build that fan base. Also, totally ignoring the students is not a good thing, but it is a simple fix and results would probably be seen as early as 2019.
    The archaic tailgating policies hurt.

The ramping up season ticket prices with a mandated LTAC donation hurt.

The continued dumping on your season ticket holders by selling those same LTAC level seats for single games at cheaper prices hurt.

The kicking students out of the park hurt.

The focus on creating a concert at the expense of parking hurt.

There is tons you can do to fix this. I just don't see it coming.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    The archaic tailgating policies hurt.

The ramping up season ticket prices with a mandated LTAC donation hurt.

The continued dumping on your season ticket holders by selling those same LTAC level seats for single games at cheaper prices hurt.

The kicking students out of the park hurt.

The focus on creating a concert at the expense of parking hurt.

There is tons you can do to fix this. I just don't see it coming.
    It will happen when Tommy and Skip leave. Whenever that is.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I think you are still overblowing the park thing. Agree about the parking, theres plenty around the stadium unused.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I think you are still overblowing the park thing. Agree about the parking, theres plenty around the stadium unused.
    How is he over blowing it?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Because I don’t see it as as big of a deal as they do.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    How is he over blowing it?
    I'd like to know as well.

Seems like that park is in a prime spot for tailgating. That is green space unique to Tech.

Heck, if I were the guy in charge, I'd try to move a lot more tailgating to that area. Get the tents off of the hot pavement, create more stadium parking, and let traditions develop instead of creating new ones every year.

It'd be like the grove at Ole Miss....but better.

In that it isnt affecting student attendance. Nobody’s saying “Well Im just not gonna go to the game now that I cant party it up in Hideaway Park.”
    The biggest issue is student interest in the game itself is low. Its been low, even when we were doing pretty good and had exciting offenses.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    In that it isnt affecting student attendance. Nobody’s saying “Well Im just not gonna go to the game now that I cant party it up in Hideaway Park.”
    The biggest issue is student interest in the game itself is low. Its been low, even when we were doing pretty good and had exciting offenses.
    And for those that do attend to include the frats/sororities...those sections will be empty by halftime!

+ Reply to Thread