+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rice Attendance?

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Re: Rice Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Met a young man this weekend who attends North Texas. He is a marketing major and his department takes an active role in coming up with and implementing game day promotions, videos, social media blasts, signage in town and on campus, and anything else they can think of to get free labor out of kids doing this for class credit. Their grade partially depends on the success of their efforts. Hhmmm, I think we have a marketing field in our business school.........
    That makes absolutely too much sense...Tech would never do that.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    The raising of ticket prices, etc. is it their attempt to try to be like the a P5 school if we charge P5 prices? They have shot themselves in the foot in every other aspect of the game day experience (i.e. hype video, weekly promitions of the game, over-regulating tailgating, and putting a boring product on the field, that no one wants to come to the game anymore. Why should they? Yes there are true blue people who are there all the time, but for the casual fan who did not graduate from Tech, why should they come?

LSU and UNT marketing have found a way to capture and make fans out of people who never graduated from the university. What is Tech doing to make fans out of non-students?
    Not a Damn thing...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This was posted by a Turd fan when asked about the projected low attendance for football vs. Charlotte:

Two terrible teams playing a meaningless game in terrible weather and our fan base is going on strike. This is game one of our new strike. I think the fan base is officially done until Doc is gone.

Also we have our first home basketball game on Sunday. I only have time to go to one of the two games. Can't wait to watch our basketball team in person.

Just change "Doc" to Holtz and there ya go!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone just be there and quit bitching. Or heck, go to the game so you can have more to bitch about....I don't care.
    Just Go!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Everyone just be there and quit bitching. Or heck, go to the game so you can have more to bitch about....I don't care.
    Just Go!
    Less than 10K freezing in the "cammo out" game.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Haha Johnny, I was thinking the same thing.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    This was posted by a Turd fan when asked about the projected low attendance for football vs. Charlotte:

Two terrible teams playing a meaningless game in terrible weather and our fan base is going on strike. This is game one of our new strike. I think the fan base is officially done until Doc is gone.

Also we have our first home basketball game on Sunday. I only have time to go to one of the two games. Can't wait to watch our basketball team in person.

Just change "Doc" to Holtz and there ya go!
    Just think Holliday has won a conference championship, had three 10 win seasons and one team that finished in the top 25.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Just Go!
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Less than 10K freezing in the "cammo out" game.
    We can't help that Tech is located in N. Louisiana and Baton Rouge won't combine Universities up here. Move it to Texas, Mississippi or Arkansas and things would be different vs. the bandwagon fans in LA.

But it is located in the beautiful hills and piney woods of the Ruston area and our fans just need to go!
    Forever loyal be!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We can't help that Tech is located in N. Louisiana and Baton Rouge won't combine Universities up here. Move it to Texas, Mississippi or Arkansas and things would be different vs. the bandwagon fans in LA.

Our fans just need to go!
    Why is discussion of stupid stuff our very highly paid AD considered bitching? Look to the source of the problems no the long time fans. I, like you, want more fans at the games. Our AD doesn't care. He has a select group to suck up to and that's all he does. Prove me wrong.

Just Go!
    Why is discussion of stupid stuff our very highly paid AD considered bitching? Look to the source of the problems no the long time fans. I, like you, want more fans at the games. Our AD doesn't care. He has a select group to suck up to and that's all he does. Prove me wrong.
    Then reach out and donate your time or funds to him, or anyone face to face in Tech's ADM, if you think that will help your personal issues with our AD or Pres.. Just paying for our kids to go there get's them a great education and the benefits but really no personal accolades or privileges for the parents if that's what you seek. It doesn't at any university.

I know you attend almost every sports event at Tech. And like you, I want to see a great product on the field and courts of Tech. I was really posting for others.

Tech is located in the beautiful hills and piney woods of the Ruston area and our fans just need to go!
    Forever loyal be!

Tech is located in the beautiful hills and piney woods of the Ruston area and our fans just need to go!
    Forever loyal be!
    It's a business. Our AD is well paid to run the business. He is hurting the business. This "just do it" BS works for NIKE, but not for a team with no offense.

It's a business. Our AD is well paid to run the business. He is hurting the business. This "just do it" BS works for NIKE, but not for a team with no offense.
    The offense issues are for Skip to solve. That said, running a profitable business in N. La, and depending upon tight engineers to donate, is a tough proposition in this region for many reasons.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

The diehards are there for the most part. We can’t depend on just the diehards to float the program. We have to create new diehards, and we aren’t doing that. There are many, many things in the beautiful piney hills of Ruston and surrounding areas to do on a sunny Saturday. You have to make it the most important thing in the area to do, and right now it’s like # 98 out of 100 because the product is terrible.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I’m bringing 3 that haven’t come all year

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar

I have 2 grandson's that have football games today...and my gosh, am I glad they did after what I've been listening to....

+ Reply to Thread