FOOTBALL
Louisiana Tech
vs Western Kentucky
Nov 24, 2018 | 11 AM
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    18,260

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Last year we had 7 home games (which included Miss State) and this year we have 5. I haven't noticed, did season tickets even go down with the reduced amount of games?
    I believe the cost stayed the same. The overall cost, not cost per game.

  2. #17
    Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    17,476

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    I don't get that. There's no real marquee game this year and there's 2 less home games than last year. I would expect this year's season tickets would have gone down.

  3. #18
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    48,390

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I don't get that. There's no real marquee game this year and there's 2 less home games than last year. I would expect this year's season tickets would have gone down.
    I'm not BS-ing you when I tell you that the canned reply (which I assume is and edict of our AD) is this, "right, but we only played 5 home games in 2016 and we did not go up for 7 games in 2017"
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  4. #19
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    30,317

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I'm not BS-ing you when I tell you that the canned reply (which I assume is and edict of our AD) is this, "right, but we only played 5 home games in 2016 and we did not go up for 7 games in 2017"
    In other words, they were stupid TWICE.

  5. #20
    Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Dogtown, AR
    Posts
    12,066

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We might as well be playing the ULtwins on a regular basis instead of the non-draws he is bringing in.
    This --

    Alternating 1-1s with the juco and the Cajuns. Tulane too if they'll return our calls.

    For a money game, play in BR as often as they'll have us. Otherwise, we should only play our guarantee games at Big12 venues.

    Yall know I'm not opposed to playing 2-for-1s or playing in S'port. But it needs to be the right opponent, good money, and all out marketing & promotion.

    If we must play a FCS game, it should be Louisiana schools only. And they should only be scheduled when we already have 5 FBS home games and have room for a 6th.

  6. #21
    Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute detltu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    4,990

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I'm not BS-ing you when I tell you that the canned reply (which I assume is and edict of our AD) is this, "right, but we only played 5 home games in 2016 and we did not go up for 7 games in 2017"
    Yeah that's crazy. Season tickets have always been for suckers who care more about the school than their money. Unfortunately I don't think that is a lot of people. I defended the decision to require an LTAC donation for seats between the 30s. I wouldn't say I loved it but I didn't think it was as big of a deal as people made it out to be. Unfortunately a lot of people that were pushed out by that realized that they could just buy individual tickets without any penalty and then they aren't paying for the games they don't attend. Unfortunately for the school they aren't attending nearly as many games as they were when they had season tickets. I supported the decision initially, but I don't think it has been a positive one. There is a reason we don't publish our season ticket sales.
    2017 LTAC Champion donor (110%)
    2017 Football Season ticket holder X3

  7. #22
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    30,317

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    I don't like losing, and I'm sure most Tech fans don't. But losing the way LA Tech did in Baton Rouge this year was far more acceptable than what we witnessed in Starkville. Yes, our team COMPETED in Baton Rouge, and didn't quit. Good LA Tech fans can accept a performance like that. However, in Starkville, our team laid down and quit. Our team looked below FCS standards. It was truly an embarrassment for Tech fans everywhere.

  8. #23
    Champ Houston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant future
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,199

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Yeah that's crazy. Season tickets have always been for suckers who care more about the school than their money. Unfortunately I don't think that is a lot of people. I defended the decision to require an LTAC donation for seats between the 30s. I wouldn't say I loved it but I didn't think it was as big of a deal as people made it out to be. Unfortunately a lot of people that were pushed out by that realized that they could just buy individual tickets without any penalty and then they aren't paying for the games they don't attend. Unfortunately for the school they aren't attending nearly as many games as they were when they had season tickets. I supported the decision initially, but I don't think it has been a positive one. There is a reason we don't publish our season ticket sales.
    Back when I had season tickets and there wasn't a premium on the between the 30s seats I noticed that you save absolutely no money. It was the same per game. If I missed one game I lost on the deal. I could not support an extra fee for between the 30s seats unless they were selling out, which they were and are not. Our AD and the whole athletic department have no concept of supply versus demand. The only seats with a waiting lists were the box seats. I am guessing that might go away soon. They do not care about attendance. I really don't know what they think is important but their own jobs. Let the rich SOB's who support them enjoy their sorry team by themselves in their super suites. Remember they're having a wonderful game day experience. The rest of the stadium will soon be empty.

  9. #24
    Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    17,476

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Back when I had season tickets and there wasn't a premium on the between the 30s seats I noticed that you save absolutely no money. It was the same per game. If I missed one game I lost on the deal. I could not support an extra fee for between the 30s seats unless they were selling out, which they were and are not. Our AD and the whole athletic department have no concept of supply versus demand. The only seats with a waiting lists were the box seats. I am guessing that might go away soon. They do not care about attendance. I really don't know what they think is important but their own jobs. Let the rich SOB's who support them enjoy their sorry team by themselves in their super suites. Remember they're having a wonderful game day experience. The rest of the stadium will soon be empty.
    Exactly, it is getting worse. Our $250k per year AD isn't doing anything about it.

  10. #25
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    9,949

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I don't like losing, and I'm sure most Tech fans don't. But losing the way LA Tech did in Baton Rouge this year was far more acceptable than what we witnessed in Starkville. Yes, our team COMPETED in Baton Rouge, and didn't quit. Good LA Tech fans can accept a performance like that. However, in Starkville, our team laid down and quit. Our team looked below FCS standards. It was truly an embarrassment for Tech fans everywhere.
    Remember it still took us an entire half and change to get the engine started against lsu.

  11. #26
    Champ Tech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to allTech52 is a name known to all Tech52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,831

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Remember it still took us an entire half and change to get the engine started against lsu.
    And to stop dropping balls from our butterfingers.

  12. #27
    Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,934

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Back when I had season tickets and there wasn't a premium on the between the 30s seats I noticed that you save absolutely no money. It was the same per game. If I missed one game I lost on the deal. I could not support an extra fee for between the 30s seats unless they were selling out, which they were and are not. Our AD and the whole athletic department have no concept of supply versus demand. The only seats with a waiting lists were the box seats. I am guessing that might go away soon. They do not care about attendance. I really don't know what they think is important but their own jobs. Let the rich SOB's who support them enjoy their sorry team by themselves in their super suites. Remember they're having a wonderful game day experience. The rest of the stadium will soon be empty.
    Yeah. It’s getting harder and harder for me to buy season tickets. I can pick up single game tickets for the games I can make for the same price OR even cheaper. Between the 30s is always available for single games especially late in the season. Homecoming had plenty of seats available between the 30s

  13. #28
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    30,317

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Remember it still took us an entire half and change to get the engine started against lsu.
    True. But at least we scored 21 points instead of 3. Three points is only 3 more than a team full of dead people could have scored.

  14. #29
    Champ Houston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant future
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,199

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    If I go I want tickets on the first row of the upper section. I thinks it's row 26 -- maybe 25. That way no one can stand in front of me. Of course I could probably sit almost anywhere now and there would be no one in front of me.

  15. #30
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    9,949

    Re: 7 Road Games Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    If I go I want tickets on the first row of the upper section. I thinks it's row 26 -- maybe 25. That way no one can stand in front of me. Of course I could probably sit almost anywhere now and there would be no one in front of me.
    Are Tommy's enforcers still down there to make sure no students move down a few rows when the stadium is empty in the 4th quarter?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts