+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blue Dawg's Weekly Sagarin Thread Dunkin' Dawgs 2018-19

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: Blue Dawg's Weekly Sagarin Thread Dunkin' Dawgs 2018-19

I posted this back in the Spring, but this is what a proactive admin looks like.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...ch-scott-cross

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Where are all the TMAC fans? Let us hear why he doesn't suck.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I posted this back in the Spring, but this is what a proactive admin looks like.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...ch-scott-cross
    Firing your coach of 12 YEARS is not even close to being "proactive".

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    Firing your coach of 12 YEARS is not even close to being "proactive".
    What? The dude was a well liked alum that went 24-11 (CIT), 27-9 (NIT) (regular season champs) and 21-13 in his last 3 years. Proactive by a new AD. What do you think our admin would have done with those results?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This UTA-Scott Cross firing does, of course, make some folks scratch their heads. Cross did a "good" job for 12 years....he had 12 years to build the program into something better than "good." The AD has a vision that is better than just "good." He cites Loyola-Chicago, and SFA...which is why I posted what I did about scheduling SFA. One poster wanted us to ONLY schedule SFA like we would a SWACer. Ah....no. Back to the point, I don't know this UTA AD, but I like him! Fire TMAC yesterday and hire that dude.

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

UTA is also 3-6 with a depleted roster, no recruits on the horizon, and a community that is keeping them at arms-length because they believe Cross got a raw deal. He built excitement around a small local program with no football team and a commuter campus. Now, theyre looking at entering conference 4-9 and just tossed a season. Proactive, ballsy...maybe. Rash, misguided...likely.

They underachieved in Cross' last year, but the previous years he did so much with so little he had opportunity to turn down larger programs to remain at his alma mater. He was as Arlington as you could ever expect a coach at UTA to be. Ogden will leave UTA the FIRST opportunity when a CUSA, AAC, MWC job becomes available to him. Now you have to start ALL over again.

Im not saying that as a defense of Konkol, but more of a warning to be careful what you wish for. What the UTA AD was not bold. It was selfish. And his job will be in jeopardy if it doesnt work out in 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    This UTA-Scott Cross firing does, of course, make some folks scratch their heads. Cross did a "good" job for 12 years....he had 12 years to build the program into something better than "good." The AD has a vision that is better than just "good." He cites Loyola-Chicago, and SFA...which is why I posted what I did about scheduling SFA. One poster wanted us to ONLY schedule SFA like we would a SWACer. Ah....no. Back to the point, I don't know this UTA AD, but I like him! Fire TMAC yesterday and hire that dude.
    What poster said they only wanted to schedule SFA?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

It may already be too late to schedule Sunbelt UTA to a home and home.

New Coach Chris Ogden, remember that name, scheduled the following teams Out of Conference in his inaugural season: Northern Iowa, UCDavis, Indiana away, Arkansas away, Tulsa away, with the following to come: North Texas away, Gonzaga away, Cal Poly away and Texas away.

I think his team will be ready to play as they can be come January. He has one abbreviated recruiting season under his belt. Keep an eye on them over the next 2-3 years.
    Ogden won't survive three years

The UTA fan base is highly upset with him
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Ogden won't survive three years

The UTA fan base is highly upset with him
    I think he will recruit well enough, and receive enough support from the PRES and AD to overcome it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

What poster said they only wanted to schedule SFA?
    I don't remember who...said we should treat SFA like we do Tougaloo schedule them in Ruston only for a paycheck. Last night is evidence that SFA is something more than a Tougaloo.

But the bigger point is, apparently the new UTA AD has a vision (delusion) of grandeur! They might never reach it, but I applaud the desire to try. Don't settle for mediocrity.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...gton-mavericks

We hear the DRUM BEAT here about "scheduling for success." Some posters want the Dawgs to play Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, UNC, 'Nova, etc...all Top 25 teams as our OOC. Even though we'd be 0-fer, our SOS would be legendary!!! baby!

Well, UTA is pretty much following that recipe, with an AD who has a vision. Question: how did UTA get such a "great" schedule? When did the new AD start working on it? I'm asking because it seems TMAC can't seem to schedule such a fine lineup of OOC opponents....I assume because said teams are already booked up for a decade+. So...how did UTA get it done?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't necessarily want to schedule that many Top 25. DFM has laid out his plan before many times and I think its a good one.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Basically we have 13 OOC games annually -

I have NO issues playing THREE or four rotating home and homes with regional schools (SLC, SBC) USL, UTA, UALR, SFA, SHS etal

10 remaining -

We should be playing ONE SWAC school @ home annually and that lone school more often than not should be Grambling unless it's a part of an MBE

9 remaining -

Then we should be playing 3 guarantee games against P5 institutions

6 remaining -

And we should be playing in one MBE

3 remaining -

1 alternating home and home with a peer institution from the AAC, MWC, MAC, A10, ASUN, Patriot, WCC etal

2 remaining -

1 buy game vs Centenary, Tugaloo, Harding etal (everyone needs one of these games to knock off the cobwebs)

1 remaining game -

This would be a flex game - most years you could used it as a REGIONAL (LSU, ARK, Ole Miss, TCU, Miss St) P5 guarantee game, or a guarantee game vs a Gonzaga or Witchita St, Big East School or such or you could use it as an alternating home and home vs a NWST or ULM or use it as a buy game vs a Nicholls or Lamar or Incarnate Word etc

I think such a formula instituted would put our OOC SOS about 175 in most years with a slight bump in better years

You would have 5 or 6 "interesting" home games with really only 1 bad game

You won't get a lot of home games OOC but those you do get will be worth attending

BUT we still have to structure our season ticket packages accordingly (way over priced now) and our single game packages accordingly (astronomically overpriced now)
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

It is a shame that no one but us on this board see the wisdom of this!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Basically we have 13 OOC games annually -

I have NO issues playing THREE or four rotating home and homes with regional schools (SLC, SBC) USL, UTA, UALR, SFA, SHS etal

10 remaining -

We should be playing ONE SWAC school @ home annually and that lone school more often than not should be Grambling unless it's a part of an MBE

9 remaining -

Then we should be playing 3 guarantee games against P5 institutions

6 remaining -

And we should be playing in one MBE

3 remaining -

1 alternating home and home with a peer institution from the AAC, MWC, MAC, A10, ASUN, Patriot, WCC etal

2 remaining -

1 buy game vs Centenary, Tugaloo, Harding etal (everyone needs one of these games to knock off the cobwebs)

1 remaining game -

This would be a flex game - most years you could used it as a REGIONAL (LSU, ARK, Ole Miss, TCU, Miss St) P5 guarantee game, or a guarantee game vs a Gonzaga or Witchita St, Big East School or such or you could use it as an alternating home and home vs a NWST or ULM or use it as a buy game vs a Nicholls or Lamar or Incarnate Word etc

I think such a formula instituted would put our OOC SOS about 175 in most years with a slight bump in better years

You would have 5 or 6 "interesting" home games with really only 1 bad game

You won't get a lot of home games OOC but those you do get will be worth attending

BUT we still have to structure our season ticket packages accordingly (way over priced now) and our single game packages accordingly (astronomically overpriced now)
    I like this. But if the budget is so bad, increase the number of legit home and homes and scrub buy games altogether. If we do have 1 buy game, it should be between Christmas and the beginning of the conference opener.

Your list of home and homes is great and obviously could be expanded. If they are historic 150ish or in American or above and within a 10 hour drive they should be a candidate. So throw in MO State, Tulsa, SMU, Tulane and so on.

You just get the feeling they are not even trying to get a legit schedule

+ Reply to Thread