+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: 11/10: Rice Game (RED OUT)

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 11/10: Rice Game (RED OUT)

Just like we did ULaLa.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    If we loose recruits to monroe or anyone else it's because they have better recruiters than we do. I don't buy the logic that if we lose a game we suddenly loose our recruits to that school.
    And we're not saying we'd lose a recruit to that school. We are saying that a recruit who was lukewarm about coming to Tech might change his mind and go to SMU, or Houston, or USM, or some such school who was also recruiting him. Or, it might not happen at all. But even you can see how losing to an UL-X doesn't help our program. I guess you can...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Time to beat em and shut them back up...
    Let's wait until we have a real QB again.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I agree red out should be earlier in the year. It should have been the UTEP or UAB game.
    What difference does it make what part of the season the red out game is?

Varsity Bulldog aggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud of aggiedawg's Avatar

I guess maybe because by this point, most of us are feeling "blue" about our offensive offense. I was "red" about 3 games ago.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    What difference does it make what part of the season the red out game is?
    Well, when you are outside and give away T-Shirts of the particular color for the students to wear, it’d be nice if it were T-shirt weather.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So, the Dawg DEFENSE gives our OFFENSE the ball on the Rice 37-yd line via Snead's INT.....only to turn around and fumble it right back to Rice on the very next play.

Our offense looks like a bunch of AMATEURS.
    They are

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    The Girl in the Spider's Web (a terrible addition to the series) was better than this.
    Was that written after Steig Larsson passed away?

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And we're not saying we'd lose a recruit to that school. We are saying that a recruit who was lukewarm about coming to Tech might change his mind and go to SMU, or Houston, or USM, or some such school who was also recruiting him. Or, it might not happen at all. But even you can see how losing to an UL-X doesn't help our program. I guess you can...
    Oh, sorry, gotcha. I just assumed that you meant that if we lost to monroe, all of our recruits would just flip and join them. I didn't know you meant that, if recruits see us lose, then they run off to join a out of state school. My apologies. Hey, you know what? We should try to steal recruits when other in state schools play each other. Like if SMU loses to North Texas, or if Houston loses to UTSA. That could help to offset the recruits we lose if we lose to monroe.

It does nothing to our national brand if we play and win/lose to monroe. I think it's worth it for the momentary local buzz and revenue. I wonder what the local Ruston business think?

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Was that written after Steig Larsson passed away?
    Yes, it's the 4th book in the series and the 1st since he passed.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    Oh, sorry, gotcha. I just assumed that you meant that if we lost to monroe, all of our recruits would just flip and join them. I didn't know you meant that, if recruits see us lose, then they run off to join a out of state school. My apologies. Hey, you know what? We should try to steal recruits when other in state schools play each other. Like if SMU loses to North Texas, or if Houston loses to UTSA. That could help to offset the recruits we lose if we lose to monroe.

It does nothing to our national brand if we play and win/lose to monroe. I think it's worth it for the momentary local buzz and revenue. I wonder what the local Ruston business think?
    They deserve some type of consolation prize for putting up with the last two years of declining fan attendance and revenue.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

It wasn’t a red out or anything close to a red out. It was mostly an empty-seat-out, with some red, some blue, some camo, some Carhartt brown and lots of whatever color blankets people had lying around.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

When will our admin wrap their brains around this simple concept? 1 red out game per year in football, MBB, and WBB. Other than that, Tech fans wear blue. Regardless of the color the team wears.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We should have an entire section in the bookstore and online bookstore titled “Game Day Apparel”. Nothing but blue shirts!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    When will our admin wrap their brains around this simple concept? 1 red out game per year in football, MBB, and WBB. Other than that, Tech fans wear blue. Regardless of the color the team wears.
    I dont see them attempting more than one per sport?

+ Reply to Thread