+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Football Coach Vacancies

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Head Football Coach Vacancies

There are a number of colleges already in the market for a new Head Coach.
    This from the University of Kansas AD Jeff Long (former Arkansas AD):

“It’s not about age and years is about energy about passion it’s about commitment. It’s about eagerness to get out and turn the program. So I know this – I’m eager, and excited, and passionate, and I’ll be looking for that same kind of leader of our football program.”
    As for head coaching experience, Long shared his belief that where Kansas currently sits among its fellow Big 12 schools, that it’s going to be near impossible to learn on the job and have success
    “I’d like to have a someone with head coaching experience. These jobs are too big to learn on the job. And I’d like to be able to attract someone who’s been a head coach.”
    Last edited by JDubyadawg; 11-07-2018 at 06:33 AM.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Re: Head Football Coach Vacancies

Of course the University of Maryland is also in the market. They need someone with expereince, a good face for the program, stability. A coach who will treat the players well and with respect. I'm thinking someone who will work kinda cheap and has a relatively low buyout.
    Last edited by JDubyadawg; 11-07-2018 at 06:34 AM.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Do you have someone in mind for these jobs? 😄

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Do you have someone in mind for these jobs? 
    I do.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Package deal....Holtz and TMac. Skippy needs a driver when he goes somewhere else.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

The Bowling Green job is also open I believe.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    There are a number of colleges already in the market for a new Head Coach.
    This from the University of Kansas AD Jeff Long (former Arkansas AD):

“It’s not about age and years is about energy about passion it’s about commitment. It’s about eagerness to get out and turn the program. So I know this – I’m eager, and excited, and passionate, and I’ll be looking for that same kind of leader of our football program.”
    As for head coaching experience, Long shared his belief that where Kansas currently sits among its fellow Big 12 schools, that it’s going to be near impossible to learn on the job and have success
    “I’d like to have a someone with head coaching experience. These jobs are too big to learn on the job. And I’d like to be able to attract someone who’s been a head coach.”
    Les Miles seems to be the early leader for this job.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Les Miles seems to be the early leader for this job.
    I wonder how much it will pay? At Miles age and what LSU paid him to leave, plus the mess that Kansas football is in, I bet it would take a good bank roll to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I wonder how much it will pay? At Miles age and what LSU paid him to leave, plus the mess that Kansas football is in, I bet it would take a good bank roll to get him.
    I have not heard a number, but I would guess about $2.5 million a year, but given a 6 to 7-year deal. Beatty made $1.7 million this year. Kansas is a mess and will take time to build a talented roster. Miles wants to coach and will trade security for cash IMHO.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Kansas has, or had....I dunno, but will check...a former New Orleans high school coach as an assistant and chief recruiter. He had signed some VERY talented kids out of New Orleans to go to Kansas. His first crop would have been freshmen this year, and maybe they were all redshirted. If so then the next coach will have some good football players to build around going forward.

Now, maybe those same kids will transfer out....can't blame 'em for wanting to get out of Kansas.

Yeah, it's Tony Hull...his title is Associate Head Coach. He coached at Warren Easton HS in New Orleans and developed a pipeline of recruiting kids up to Kansas. He signed some real blue-chippers. But! as we all know, nowadays, kids are very likely transfer to other schools. I don't know the status of any of the players he signed out of New Orleans.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

That said....Kansas is a dead-end job in football. The big fat dude, whatever his name is, did a really good job when he was there.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not sure how many of those New Orleans kids ever made it to campus. It was my understanding most of them had academic issues.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Pooka Williams has done really well. Miles does not add wins to a program. If the school has the resources that should result in a 10-3 or 11-2 record year in year out, Miles will deliver 8-5.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I’m not sure how many of those New Orleans kids ever made it to campus. It was my understanding most of them had academic issues.
    Okay, that's probably true for some of them. But that kid out of Curtis last year, the big TE, was a good student, as well as a great player. And there was a kid from Newman too. Newman is one of those schools where academics matter. I would think any kid out of Newman would have no academic issues.

As I said, I don't know the status of any of those New Orleans kids. Maybe none of them are at KU. There was an article about Coach Hull, and that pipeline up to KU, in that prep sports website NOLA Sports. That's where I first learned about the connection, and then I did a little follow-up with a couple of high school coaches I know down there, and they confirmed Coach Hull was very active recruiting N.O. on behalf of Kansas.

Anyway, KU is a dead end job, so it's perfect for a chump like Les "Miles from Nowhere."

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

There are 9 New Orleans/south LA kids on their roster, most of them freshmen or sophomores

+ Reply to Thread