+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Head Football Coach Vacancies

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Head Football Coach Vacancies

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    Kansas State coaching search info.... They must have run off the page just before HCSH name came up....
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...e-bill-snyder/
    Who in their right mind would hire Bret Bielema?? Look where Arkansas is right now with his recruits.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Yea, Scatterfield in a downgrade from a coach with questionable values and an 0-7 conference record.
    Louisville knew he had questionable character when they hired him the second time. That was already baked into the cake. No character issues emerged during this stint at UL that I'm aware of.

Petrino had one bad year. Only one! In his previous 8 years at UL, Petrino finished Top 3 in the conference/division and won at least 8 games every single year! Same for his one season at WKU. And same for his last 3 of 4 years at Arkansas (except for one 4th place finish in Year 2). Only 2 losing seasons in 14 years as a college coach, and one was his first season at Arkansas. He won two conference championships and a division title for UL and finished in the Top 25 seven times overall. I think his success was more than enough to let him survive one poor season.

And then replace him with a Sun Belt coach whose marquee wins are a couple moral victories in overtime losses to Tennessee and Penn State? Yeah, give me neck-brace, scraped-face Petrino everyday over Scatterfield.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I think Chris Klieman would be a perfect fit at KState, but I doubt he gets the job.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Urban Meyer stepping down at Ohio State.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    Urban Meyer stepping down at Ohio State.
    USC must have called.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    USC must have called.
    Or, there are some sanctions coming, or his talent was about to be decimated.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Then Urban Meyer and USC are a match made in heaven.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Louisville knew he had questionable character when they hired him the second time. That was already baked into the cake. No character issues emerged during this stint at UL that I'm aware of.

Petrino had one bad year. Only one! In his previous 8 years at UL, Petrino finished Top 3 in the conference/division and won at least 8 games every single year! Same for his one season at WKU. And same for his last 3 of 4 years at Arkansas (except for one 4th place finish in Year 2). Only 2 losing seasons in 14 years as a college coach, and one was his first season at Arkansas. He won two conference championships and a division title for UL and finished in the Top 25 seven times overall. I think his success was more than enough to let him survive one poor season.

And then replace him with a Sun Belt coach whose marquee wins are a couple moral victories in overtime losses to Tennessee and Penn State? Yeah, give me neck-brace, scraped-face Petrino everyday over Scatterfield.
    But in every single one of those jobs (except for the short WKU gig) he left the place decimated. I think he's got a shelf life and once things start to go, they go south fast. I didn't watch any Louisville games this year, but it wasn't just a bad year - they were awful. There are a lot of coaches that I think ought to be given some extra rope after a bad year. Bad years are going to happen. But I gather that what those close to the situation saw at Louisville was more than just a down year.

And they seem to have thought they had Brohm in hand.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

I understand, and I don't know anything other than what we all read about Louisville. A new athletic director doesn't keep a douche bag football coach with an 0-8 record in conference who was hired by by the previous sleazy administration; life moves on. Addition by subtraction. But it clearly looks like Louisville had to "settle" for their coach.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I figured it was coming when he lost to Purdue and knew it'd then be an uphill climb to the CFP.

IIRC, the brain cysts started making their appearance shortly thereafter. Kind of like the heart condition and lack of family time that he developed when he wasn't winning championships at Florida anymore. Then it all suddenly went away when Ohio State came calling.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    I figured it was coming when he lost to Purdue and knew it'd then be an uphill climb to the CFP.

IIRC, the brain cysts started making their appearance shortly thereafter. Kind of like the heart condition and lack of family time that he developed when he wasn't winning championships at Florida anymore. Then it all suddenly went away when Ohio State came calling.
    I think his retirement might be legit this time. I think his health issues are real and it makes sense to retire and take care of himself. It also gives Ohio State a clean break from all the issues with the coach who beat his wife. Ohio State seems to have a plan moving forward. Good for Urban, good for Ohio State. I have always been very critical of Meyer and the way he believes in winning at all costs and the way he surrounds himself with thug characters. While his teams were great on the field, college football is better off without him on the sidelines.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    Pooka Williams has done really well. Miles does not add wins to a program. If the school has the resources that should result in a 10-3 or 11-2 record year in year out, Miles will deliver 8-5.
    Pooka just quit today, left school and is back home with his momma. Apparently she is having health issues. I am sure he will apply for the draft.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Pooka just quit today, left school and is back home with his momma. Apparently she is having health issues. I am sure he will apply for the draft.
    Who is Pooka?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Pooka Williams, RB for Kansas. One of the highly rated recruits Kansas was getting via its New Orleans pipeline because of that former HS coach who was a member of KU's staff.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Pooka Williams, RB for Kansas. One of the highly rated recruits Kansas was getting via its New Orleans pipeline because of that former HS coach who was a member of KU's staff.
    What was his momma thinking naming him "Pooka"?

+ Reply to Thread