+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Football Coach Vacancies

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Head Football Coach Vacancies

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I swear, some folks on this board would rather lose 50-49 with an exciting offense than win 24-21
    No, but if we're going to lose anyway, I would rather it be 50-49 then 24-21.

As a customer, I can stick through some amount of losing, or some amount of boring. But not both.

Holtz has won 62% of his games over the past five years
    That includes 6-6 at home over this year and last year. And he needed 2 FCS wins just to get to .500

In fact, if you dont count FCS (ie BORING) wins, Skip is 17-11 at JAS -- a hair over 60%

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Am I happy with 7-5? No. Do I think it's responsible to fire the coach who has had five straight winning seasons? Absolutely not. I swear, some folks on this board would rather lose 50-49 with an exciting offense than win 24-21. At the end of the day, winning is what matters. A thrilling loss doesn't do anything for me. I'm furious over the last two losses, but at that point we were 7-3 with losses to two SEC teams and the division champion. Two weeks ago, I wasn't displeased with where we were. We still had a chance at a 10-win season, which was my expectation. In my opinion, this team underachieved. There's no sugarcoating that. But I also think a world where college coaches are fired willy nilly after having a winning record is not the world I want to be in. Holtz has won 62% of his games over the past five years. I'd love to see that number at 75%, but it still would be the third-best winning percentage in school history outside of Lambright and Aillet. It's better than Crowton, Dykes and Dooley, and he's five wins from moving into third place on the all-time wins list at Tech.

He's not perfect. He needs to get a real OC in and turn over play-calling responsibilities. I don't look at last season as underachieving. We lost two receivers to the NFL and had a non-senior QB for the first time after three straight years of fifth-year seniors. I knew there was going to be growing pains last year, but with what we had coming back this year, I certainly think we have underachieved. But give me a single coach in America not named Saban or Swinney who hasn't underachieved at some point over the past five years. It happens. It's college football.

And since when did we start paying Holtz a million bucks? This says he 's making $700,000. The fact of the matter is we aren't paying enough where you can attract and keep extremely great coaches. I didn't like the Holtz hire, but he has exceeded my expectations so far. I'm not pleased with two seven-win seasons after three nine-win seasons. I thought we could win 10 games this year. But I certainly don't think you fire your coach like many on here are suggesting.
    There's something to be said for making proactive decisions before you are absolutely forced to do so. That's what the great decision makers of this world do. They buy low, and sell high.

In light of that theme, why must you wait until LA Tech's LTAC contributions fall by 50%, our game attendance declines by 60%, our Tail Gating bottoms out and our recruiting suffers -which also causes Skip's record to fall to 4-8, before you finally make the right decision? Why must the whole organization suffer more pain than it has to?

Do you really have the confidence in Skip to deliver a 10 or 11 win season, or a CUSA championship, before you reach age 100?

I don't either.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

It's possible that USF could send Charlie Strong packing..

Here's the source article: https://www.thedailystampede.com/201...they-wanted-to

And here is an excerpt. Sound familiar? ....

__________________________________________________ ___________
    USF fans know bad coaching when they see it

There are very few upsides to living through three seasons of Skip Holtz, but one is that we have a really good idea what bad coaching looks like, and we have absolutely no tolerance for it. Charlie is ticking all the boxes that Skip ticked in 2011. His teams look unprepared and undisciplined. They make the same mistakes over and over again. He makes terrible in-game decisions. Players are visibly frustrated and they’re showing signs of giving up and looking to transfer. There’s a shocking lack of energy and passion in the team. Charlie is saying idiotic things in the press after games and making excuses for problems he created. And don’t look now, but the recruiting is trailing off. The warning lights of a program quickly heading downhill are all flashing.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

choo choo!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    It's possible that USF could send Charlie Strong packing..

Here's the source article: https://www.thedailystampede.com/201...they-wanted-to

And here is an excerpt. Sound familiar? ....

__________________________________________________ ___________
    USF fans know bad coaching when they see it

There are very few upsides to living through three seasons of Skip Holtz, but one is that we have a really good idea what bad coaching looks like, and we have absolutely no tolerance for it. Charlie is ticking all the boxes that Skip ticked in 2011. His teams look unprepared and undisciplined. They make the same mistakes over and over again. He makes terrible in-game decisions. Players are visibly frustrated and they’re showing signs of giving up and looking to transfer. There’s a shocking lack of energy and passion in the team. Charlie is saying idiotic things in the press after games and making excuses for problems he created. And don’t look now, but the recruiting is trailing off. The warning lights of a program quickly heading downhill are all flashing.
    Okay, which one of you wrote this paragraph? Come on, own up to it.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    choo choo!

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    There's something to be said for making proactive decisions before you are absolutely forced to do so. That's what the great decision makers of this world do. They buy low, and sell high.

In light of that theme, why must you wait until LA Tech's LTAC contributions fall by 50%, our game attendance declines by 60%, our Tail Gating bottoms out and our recruiting suffers -which also causes Skip's record to fall to 4-8, before you finally make the right decision? Why must the whole organization suffer more pain than it has to?

Do you really have the confidence in Skip to deliver a 10 or 11 win season, or a CUSA championship, before you reach age 100?

I don't either.
    Exactly, for once in our Louisiana " we shoot ourselves in the foot so you don't have to" Tech lives can we get out ahead of the F@ck up instead of waiting until it happens.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Georgia Tech is now open as Paul Johnson will retire after the bowl season. Before anyone gets excited Georgia Tech will not hire Skip as head coach.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I'm jealous. The Charlotte 49ers just hired THIS guy, Mike Houston, from James Madison University.

https://www.ncaa.com/video/football/2018...e-speeches

Now be honest....can ANY OF YOU, see Skip Holtz giving a pre-game speech like that?

And he's honest too.

https://www.whsv.com/video?vid=501487691

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

If we hired a guy like that, firy, well liked, and driven, I’m not sure we could handle the success that followed.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Brohm stays true to his word and remains at Purdue. Of course, Purdue gave him well over five million reasons per year to stay.

Looks like Satterfield is Louisville's top choice now.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm jealous. The Charlotte 49ers just hired THIS guy, Mike Houston, from James Madison University.

https://www.ncaa.com/video/football/2018...e-speeches

Now be honest....can ANY OF YOU, see Skip Holtz giving a pre-game speech like that?

And he's honest too.

https://www.whsv.com/video?vid=501487691
    James Madison University is far better than Charlotte. They're updated stadium is top notch.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Looks like Maryland is focusing on former New Mexico HC and now current Alabama AC Mike Locksley as their principal target:

The search for Maryland’s next head coach, open since DJ Durkin’s firing on Halloween night, has been quiet — and for good reason.
    Sources told FootballScoop that Maryland is waiting on Mike Locksley, who has told the Terps he will not interview until Alabama’s SEC Championship game versus Georgia is complete.
    Once said game is complete, Locksley is expected to interview with the understanding that if all goes well, Locksley is the leading candidate.
    A Washington, D.C., native, Locksley has been a fixture on the Maryland football scene for three decades. He played at Towson and deposited multiple stints as a Terps assistant coach, most recently as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach from 2012-15. He has spent the past three years at Alabama, with one season as an offensive analyst, one as co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach, and this current season as offensive coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    Looks like Maryland is focusing on former New Mexico HC and now current Alabama AC Mike Locksley as their principal target:

The search for Maryland’s next head coach, open since DJ Durkin’s firing on Halloween night, has been quiet — and for good reason.
    Sources told FootballScoop that Maryland is waiting on Mike Locksley, who has told the Terps he will not interview until Alabama’s SEC Championship game versus Georgia is complete.
    Once said game is complete, Locksley is expected to interview with the understanding that if all goes well, Locksley is the leading candidate.
    A Washington, D.C., native, Locksley has been a fixture on the Maryland football scene for three decades. He played at Towson and deposited multiple stints as a Terps assistant coach, most recently as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach from 2012-15. He has spent the past three years at Alabama, with one season as an offensive analyst, one as co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach, and this current season as offensive coordinator.
    Terrible move in my opinion. 3-31 record as a head coach, including 1-5 at Maryland in 2015. I would go with Matt Canada, he did very ewll as interin this season in a total crap sto

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Terrible move in my opinion. 3-31 record as a head coach, including 1-5 at Maryland in 2015. I would go with Matt Canada, he did very ewll as interin this season in a total crap sto
    I agree. Locksley might have the worst head coaching record (3-31) of All-Time, and his departure from New Mexico was very ugly. He has literally never won more than 1 game in any season as a head coach. Think about that. I don't know why anyone in their right mind would hire this guy, and yet, Nick Saban hired him to be Bama's OC. WTH?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Locksley

+ Reply to Thread