Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
Yes, I was impressed with the AD hire and his resume. One of the new AD's successful specialties at UCF was organizing and bringing the former athletes back in the fellowship there in Orlando. Bill Cox can only do so much for us. The Administration must be fully onboard in this area.

Wood's set to be on campus to start work late next week in time to be at The Joe for the Rice game, we were told at the old farts Lettermen's Breakfast at the Squire on Thursday.

Coincidentally? There were four athletic administrators and a coach at the breakfast. Other than the coach of the season talking about his/her team, rarely there has been more than the one in development attending the breakfasts I've attended.

One administrator told his tablemates they expect Wood to lay back and observe for a brief while and not mess with the successful things and gradually make his stamp on others. "Successful" was not defined.

That's no surprise. Below is what I posted about our new AD back on 10/25, on the "@LATechFB Gives UP 13-pt lead" thread here on BB&B:

I seriously doubt Dr. Eric Wood will do anything this season for 2 reasons: 1) He's BRAND new at LA Tech, and he'll want to do his own personnel evaluation, even if it is at our W-L expense. 2) I don't think Wood has ever hired or fired anyone. Seems like he has always been on the level just below the hiring and firing. This is one of the HUGE downsides to hiring a guy that's an "up and comer". He's never really done the dirty work before.
The point is, "new guys" rarely come in from outside an organization and start making changes immediately. And frankly, we don't want 'em to. Dr. Wood will have to spend some quality time meeting everyone and learning where the bathrooms are before making any real decisions.