+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Football Coach Vacancies

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Head Football Coach Vacancies

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Word is Miles is the man in Kansas.
    That was posted, I guess confirmed, on the Facebook CFB page.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Word is Miles is the man in Kansas.
    So Miles is willing to forego $5 million of his buyout to take the Kansas job? If he does that he’s a lot dumber than I thought.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    So Miles is willing to forego $5 million of his buyout to take the Kansas job? If he does that he’s a lot dumber than I thought.
    Miles will probably get a 5-yr, $10M contract for the Kansas job. So let's see....

$10.0M Kansas Job
    _-5.0M Walking away from LSU
    $ 5.0M Ahead

I don't known Glenn, it sounds like a good deal to me. It's an extra $5M.

His courtship with Kansas was rooted in the coach’s close relationship with new Kansas athletic director Jeff Long. Miles and Long have a friendship that stretches back to their days at Michigan in the 1980s, and it is widely known that Long, while AD at Arkansas in 2012, extended a lucrative offer to Miles, then at LSU. Miles received an enhanced contract after Long’s pursuit, his final extension while in Baton Rouge. -- Quote from Sports Illustrated article.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Miles will probably get a 5-yr, $10M contract for the Kansas job. So let's see....

$10.0M Kansas Job
    _-5.0M Walking away from LSU
    $ 5.0M Ahead

I don't known Glenn, it sounds like a good deal to me. It's an extra $5M.
    I’ll take $5 million for doing nothing Alex. And wait for a better gig.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

That gig is as good as it will ever get for Leslie. I hope he figures out how to screw KState in the Kansas Juco system.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

You take the $5M --and no job-- and I'll take the $10M, INCLUDING the new Kansas job. Then 2 years from now, I'll renegotiate my Kansas contract to pick up another few million, or parlay that Kansas job into a bigger and better P5 job with even more money. Meanwhile, you'll still be unemployed. But you're right about one thing.....you'll be doing nothing.

You take the $5M --and no job-- and I'll take the $10M, INCLUDING the new Kansas job. Then 2 years from now, I'll renegotiate my Kansas contract to pick up another few million, or parlay that Kansas job into a bigger and better P5 job with even more money. Meanwhile, you'll still be unemployed. But you're right about one thing.....you'll be doing nothing.
    You can do anything you want in dream world.

LOL, you’ll never be around to collect all of that. Kansas = coaching graveyard.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I can't believe Miles would.... nevermind, yes I can.

LOL, you’ll never be around to collect all of that. Kansas = coaching graveyard.
    I think you are failing to consider how old Miles is. He's already 65-yrs old. He's now stockpiling money for his retirement. He can't do that sitting on the sidelines, collecting unemployment from LSU. The new Kansas contract will pay him at least $10M total, which is at least $5M more than what he would have made sitting out the remainder of the LSU contract. (If reports of the $1.5M settlement are true, the number is closer to $6.5M more in total.) That extra $5M (or $6.5M) could go a long way in his retirement. And if Kansas fires Miles, he won't care. He'll be in his late 60's, and rich anyway. This is a "can't lose" opportunity for Les Miles.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I think you are failing to consider how old Miles is. He's already 65-yrs old. He's now stockpiling money for his retirement. He can't do that sitting on the sidelines, collecting unemployment from LSU. The new Kansas contract will pay him at least $10M total, which is at least $5M more than what he would have made sitting out the remainder of the LSU contract. That extra $5M could go a long way in his retirement. And if Kansas fires Miles, he won't care. He'll be in his late 60's, and rich anyway. This is a "can't lose" opportunity for Miles.
    He made nearly 50 million while at LSU. He must be trying to retire to your neighborhood.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I think you are failing to consider how old Miles is. He's already 65-yrs old. He's now stockpiling money for his retirement. He can't do that sitting on the sidelines, collecting unemployment from LSU. The new Kansas contract will pay him at least $10M total, which is at least $5M more than what he would have made sitting out the remainder of the LSU contract. (If reports of the $1.5M settlement are true, the number is closer to $6.5M more in total.) That extra $5M (or $6.5M) could go a long way in his retirement. And if Kansas fires Miles, he won't care. He'll be in his late 60's, and rich anyway. This is a "can't lose" opportunity for Miles.
    Yes at he age you calculate required minimum distributions not how much you are currently earning. Gotta love Leslie!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

All this talk about money and retirement...Nah! Les "Miles from Nowhere" is just a fiery competitor, itching to get back in the saddle. Eager for the battles on Saturday afternoons! Y'all are underestimating his competitive spirit!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

High pressure and Kansas football are two words that are not commonly used in the same sentence

Les wins 6 games a season and he is king of the sunflower state
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread