+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: What would it take?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Getting rid of General Admission would be a huge mistake. If we ever...yeah, right....get to a point where JAS is busting at the seams, then we can designate two sections, lower east side, between the 40's, as GA. There are still numbers on the seats, so we can either have just that number of GA tix for any one game, and when they're gone, they're gone. Or! just sell as many GA tix as there's demand. When we've had great attendance by students, and by we eastsider crazies, we've put MORE fans in those sections than there are designated seats. Several games, I'd estimate those sections were at 125% at least. Because everyone stands, it's easy to squeeze 'em in.

And since we're dreaming....

I hope to see some type of enclosure in the NEZ and those can be designated "cheap seats" like $5 each, and would be ideal for hosting high school bands, Scout Troops, Church groups, family reunions, etc...

Aerosmith tune just popped into my mind. Ya know...
    Thank you for the endorsement.
    Sell em at whatever price. Just stamp the seat location (ON THE TIX) so we’ll officially know when we’ve “sold out”.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I remember 98 UCF game with the medium-tron as a mild evening with light rain.

Culpepper's squad went 9-2. And, like Tech the year before, was passed over for a bowl.
    I was at the game. It was a small video board suspended from a crane.

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

The answer to the sell out in history: Fall of 1981 (yes, I am that old) there were NO seats available anywhere when we played Northeast Louisiana University at home. People were LITERALLY sitting in the end zones when the end zones were bowl type, grass hills.

What it would for it to happen today is a product that is about 200 percent better than we have now and a dominating season, against an opponent that matters.

Yes, if the game were to be a Conference Championship, that would be a chance. If the game were against an in-state opponent (ULM or ULL) I think there'd be a chance. Or if it were a USM and everything was on the line.

For the record, the second biggest crowd I ever saw there was also against the little school from Monroe, In 1999, at Tim Rattay's last home game.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I don't think a game with ULL generally comes close to our record crowds. Better than average probably, but not close to a sellout.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I don't think a game with ULL generally comes close to our record crowds. Better than average probably, but not close to a sellout.
    True. We've had decent attendance for ULL games, but not better than NSU.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    True. We've had decent attendance for ULL games, but not better than NSU.
    Yeah. I would take ULL over Bowling Green, UMASS, or UNLV for an OOC game all things being equal.

But I don't think they're a factor in the "what would it take for a hard sellout" conversation the way their ULX buddy in Monroe could be for us.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

If you're counting on them to bring more than 1000 I wouldn't . They have seen the separation and they barely will go to a game in Monroe . Of course we are dipping down at a precipitous rate !

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

If ULL wins a few years in a row, maybe even a SunBelt title, I believe they bring a good number of fans to Ruston. They would sell their collective souls to the Devil to be able to beat us in Ruston.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    If you're counting on them to bring more than 1000 I wouldn't . They have seen the separation and they barely will go to a game in Monroe . Of course we are dipping down at a precipitous rate !
    That's meaningless -

For the first game they would flock over here like flies on she-at.....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    The answer to the sell out in history: Fall of 1981 (yes, I am that old) there were NO seats available anywhere when we played Northeast Louisiana University at home. People were LITERALLY sitting in the end zones when the end zones were bowl type, grass hills.

What it would for it to happen today is a product that is about 200 percent better than we have now and a dominating season, against an opponent that matters.

Yes, if the game were to be a Conference Championship, that would be a chance. If the game were against an in-state opponent (ULM or ULL) I think there'd be a chance. Or if it were a USM and everything was on the line.

For the record, the second biggest crowd I ever saw there was also against the little school from Monroe, In 1999, at Tim Rattay's last home game.
    Yep. Me too. I was there in 1999 when 27,360 TECH fans packed into JAS to watch the Dogs humiliate ULM (NLU), 58-17. It was Tim Rattay's last home game (there were still 2 road games remaining at UAB & nationally ranked USC), and there was no bowl opportunity in site for our Dogs, despite Tech finishing with an 8-3 record. BTW, there weren't 500 NLU fans in that crowd. It was almost ALL LA TECH fans.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Was the 97 game the record for attendance or the 99 game?

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Was the 97 game the record for attendance or the 99 game?
    '97.

Bulldog supermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time supermel311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yep. Me too. I was there in 1999 when 27,360 TECH fans packed into JAS to watch the Dogs humiliate ULM (NLU), 58-17. It was Tim Rattay's last home game (there were still 2 road games remaining at UAB & nationally ranked USC), and there was no bowl opportunity in site for our Dogs, despite Tech finishing with an 8-3 record. BTW, there weren't 500 NLU fans in that crowd. It was almost ALL LA TECH fans.
    lol. However many fans there were above average attendence were ULM fans.
    ULM The only team in North Louisiana with a Division 1 National Football Championship.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by supermel311 View Post
    lol. However many fans there were above average attendence were ULM fans.
    Nope.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

With the exception of the first game in 97 there were no NLULM fans at the games and that included the ones in Monroe!

+ Reply to Thread