+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: What would it take?

I like the ID of Cash prizes for the students. I know at one point they used an App to check in and would win prizes.

Here's my idea - use an app to have students check into the game at certain times (as indicated on the Jumbotron). Students check in all 4 quarters will be entered into the drawing for $250 (or whatever) at the 3 minute mark of the 4th quarter (must be present to win & have valid ID - not having someone check in for you).

Any student that checks in for all 20 or 24 quarters during the home season will be entered into a $1000 (or whatever) drawing at the home finale.

You can also do similar things for the basketball games on a smaller scale - and you don't have to be present for 100% of the halves (maybe 80-90%) to win the season long prize.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

What about Arkansas? Well, after the Hogs get their act straightened out and start winning again, would hosting Arkie sell out Aillet? I agree that LSU and aTm would. In fact, in both cases demand > supply. We could bring in temporary bleachers, say, in the NEZ, and sell out those for those two opponents. We know other SEC teams wouldn't sell out the stadium. I doubt even UGA or Tenn would. Too long a trip for the bulk of their fans, and they would see no need to make the trip...in their minds.

The Big 12? We had right at 34K for Okie State in S'port, as I recall. Maybe they, or of course, OK Sooners, would sell out Aillet. TCU? Baylor? Nah, doubt it. Only if either one of those was enjoying a magical season, like ranked in the Top 4 for the CFP, and their fans simply couldn't get enough of seeing them play.

What would UCF bring? Say, if, in the next couple of years, UCF was continuing to be a Top 10 team, every year, beating some good P5s, and say if we were having a great year too...maybe ranked in the Top 25 and rolling...and we had a late October/early November date with them in Aillet. UCF does not yet have the kind of fanbase that will follow them to such a game. Maybe in a couple of more years, they might. But given what they do now, I would guess no more than 1,500 UCF fans in attendance. Maybe less than that, but giving them the benefit of the doubt, let's say 1,500. So...would Tech Nation and the average unaffiliated CFB fan...ya know, the local LSU-types, be interested enough to attend, provided it didn't conflict with their favorite team's game that weekend? Could we put 29-30Kish in Aillet, and plus the 1.5K UCF fans, sell it out?

In 1998 UCF came to Ruston, and with two exciting teams, and dynamic QBs, Daunte Culpepper and Tim Rattay, we barely had our normal 18K+. There were a small contingent of UCF fans there, maybe 200 or so. And a smattering of casual fans, with no particular tie to either school/team, just there to watch the QB matchup. I chatted with two small groups of such fans, totally maybe 8-10 between them. One group drove in from Atlanta, GA. just to see that game.

But, all this talk of filling JAS will have to wait until the principles in charge, have all been changed.

Big Dog DogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the rough

Great weather, something meaningful on the line like a championship or top 25 slot, hated opponent (Fresno?), big time tailgate, cheap tickets, and BEER. Seems like we have 0/6. But hey, maybe we are closer than we think?

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What about Arkansas? Well, after the Hogs get their act straightened out and start winning again, would hosting Arkie sell out Aillet? I agree that LSU and aTm would. In fact, in both cases demand > supply. We could bring in temporary bleachers, say, in the NEZ, and sell out those for those two opponents. We know other SEC teams wouldn't sell out the stadium. I doubt even UGA or Tenn would. Too long a trip for the bulk of their fans, and they would see no need to make the trip...in their minds.

The Big 12? We had right at 34K for Okie State in S'port, as I recall. Maybe they, or of course, OK Sooners, would sell out Aillet. TCU? Baylor? Nah, doubt it. Only if either one of those was enjoying a magical season, like ranked in the Top 4 for the CFP, and their fans simply couldn't get enough of seeing them play.

What would UCF bring? Say, if, in the next couple of years, UCF was continuing to be a Top 10 team, every year, beating some good P5s, and say if we were having a great year too...maybe ranked in the Top 25 and rolling...and we had a late October/early November date with them in Aillet. UCF does not yet have the kind of fanbase that will follow them to such a game. Maybe in a couple of more years, they might. But given what they do now, I would guess no more than 1,500 UCF fans in attendance. Maybe less than that, but giving them the benefit of the doubt, let's say 1,500. So...would Tech Nation and the average unaffiliated CFB fan...ya know, the local LSU-types, be interested enough to attend, provided it didn't conflict with their favorite team's game that weekend? Could we put 29-30Kish in Aillet, and plus the 1.5K UCF fans, sell it out?

In 1998 UCF came to Ruston, and with two exciting teams, and dynamic QBs, Daunte Culpepper and Tim Rattay, we barely had our normal 18K+. There were a small contingent of UCF fans there, maybe 200 or so. And a smattering of casual fans, with no particular tie to either school/team, just there to watch the QB matchup. I chatted with two small groups of such fans, totally maybe 8-10 between them. One group drove in from Atlanta, GA. just to see that game.

But, all this talk of filling JAS will have to wait until the principles in charge, have all been changed.
    ...and who could forget the portable "Jumbotron" we had for the UCF game! What a joke that was!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    ...and who could forget the portable "Jumbotron" we had for the UCF game! What a joke that was!
    medium-tron.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Apparently I could....because I did forget about that.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I think that was a Nevada game - maybe that HOT Labor day game.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    medium-tron.
    Now, you know better than to judge something by its size.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I think that was a Nevada game - maybe that HOT Labor day game.
    I distinctly remember it being a UCF game. Maybe there was one at a Nevada game as well. I didn't go to that "hotter'n hell" Labor Day game. The reason I remember it is we were getting smashed, and the mini "Jumbotron" showed a sea of cars leaving the stadium. I believe it was actually the live feed that was being aired in Florida.

Nevada game was the Tron on the truck game

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

If you're not including conference championships in your discussion anywhere, you're already off-sides.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I remember 98 UCF game with the medium-tron as a mild evening with light rain.

Culpepper's squad went 9-2. And, like Tech the year before, was passed over for a bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I remember 98 UCF game with the medium-tron as a mild evening with light rain.

Culpepper's squad went 9-2. And, like Tech the year before, was passed over for a bowl.
    Exactly.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Now THIS is thinking outside the box. Here's what UNT did earlier this season:Pro Wrestling!

https://meangreensports.com/news/201...at-apogee.aspx

https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/pro-...6d7c314a9.html

https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/wrestling-matches-add-to-buzz-for-unt-opener/article_034a8b1b-9799-5fd8-8e0b-25a51fa4ed33.html]

Well, Lacy Von Erich is a member of the Von Erich wrestling family. Just saying.......

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Nevada game was the Tron on the truck game

Love the old scoreboard. Simple, shows what needs to be shown. Should put something like that....not exactly like that, mind you, but something with the basic information in the SEZ. Can be placed on the roof of the whatacallit thingy in the SEZ, or a smaller version hung on the brick to the side.

+ Reply to Thread