+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: What would it take?

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    With the exception of the first game in 97 there were no NLULM fans at the games and that included the ones in Monroe!
    Really doesn't matter how many fans they bring

The turnstiles say it moves the needle and that's what matters
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I still remember the 1968 game in Monroe. Northeast had a chance to tie for the GSC championship. Their president asked that our students not come because their stadium only held about 6000 (like our old stadium), but FJ told him to bring out every portable bleacher they could find. I think there were about 10,000 there to watch Richie Golman take the opening kick off back for a TD and that was as close as it got. We didn't even win the GSC championship (we lost to McNeese and USL) but got the invite to the Grantland Rice Bowl because of our exciting type of play and our OOC record (defeating ECU, Miss. State, New Mexico State, and USM). USL fans were Pi**ed to say the least.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Was the 97 game the record for attendance or the 99 game?
    09.13.97 ULM 28,714
    09.09.17 Mississippi St 28,100
    09.05.15 Southern 27,905
    12.13.99 ULM 27,360
    10.03.15 ULL 26,910
    09.20.14 Northwestern 26,004
    11.17.12 Utah State 25,614
    08.30.08 Mississippi St 25,224
    10.02.11 Hawaii 25,212

Games in Ruston with reported attendance over 25k.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    09.13.97 ULM 28,714
    09.09.17 Mississippi St 28,100
    09.05.15 Southern 27,905
    12.13.99 ULM 27,360
    10.03.15 ULL 26,910
    09.20.14 Northwestern 26,004
    11.17.12 Utah State 25,614
    08.30.08 Mississippi St 25,224
    10.02.11 Hawaii 25,212

Games in Ruston with reported attendance over 25k.
    Interesting...

ULM in '97 was much closer to 28K than Miss St in 2017. MUCH closer.

ULM in '99 was much closer to 27K than Southern in 2015.

Utah State in 2012 was much closer to 26K than NSU in 2014

See the pattern here?

Bulldog cic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nice cic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Getting a little more coverage in the local papers about our game. The Houston Chronicle has run lenghthy articles about Rice all week. A 1-9 team. Even with UH, TAMU and the state Flagship University, they seem to have room to cover Rice. The Times/Morning News (or whatever the Monroe paper's name is) only have multiple stories about LSU. I have an old Times from game day against OK. State and they dedicated whole pages dedicated to the game. I remember an article about Ryan Moats taking a whole page. Was that before the ownership change?
    Folks aren't reading the newspaper.

Bulldog cic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nice cic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Yep, it's time.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't mind bringing them over for a home game. Eventually, the novelty will wear off just like it always does.

In fact, let's let that replace our FCS game.

But I wouldn't make it a regular thing, unless we rotated between ULM, SELA, Nicholls, etc.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

It did then because you had a couple of generations where we were rivals. Now you have at least one that doesn’t care about them anymore than any other shitty team we get to come play at our house. You also have some like me that are old enough to have been part of some of that rivalry in the 80’s etc and won’t spend a dime to to watch us play them.

So if my 30+ years of support, tickets etc don’t show up for that game, where is the casual fan to replace me. There isn’t one, it’s well established that the population base in the area isn’t set up financially or numbers wise to establish a strong walk up base, and their fans won’t come after the first one to replace me either.

And the product on the field and in the AD’s office has moved the needle backwards significantly even if there was some casual fan/population to convert to Tech in the area. TMAC is actually hurting making future fans out current students. These current and future generations question why, they won’t give/support because it’s loyalty. They paid ever higher prices for their degrees and to them that break even point is the degree.

That means playing ULM is basically a gimmick to salve the wound instead of actually cure the disease. Disagree etc, counterpoint etc, I don’t take any of this personally.

All someone needs to do is bring one friend to replace my ticket, and my wife, my dad, his wife, my mom, her husband, my step sister, and her two kids. That’s who usually comes to games with me. They come to UMass, Southern P5 etc.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Interesting...

ULM in '97 was much closer to 28K than Miss St in 2017. MUCH closer.

ULM in '99 was much closer to 27K than Southern in 2015.

Utah State in 2012 was much closer to 26K than NSU in 2014

See the pattern here?

You are implying someone is getting funny with the accounting.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Never mind what I said here. The fact that this site logs me out far too soon and far too often screws up my posts.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    It did then because you had a couple of generations where we were rivals. Now you have at least one that doesn’t care about them anymore than any other shitty team we get to come play at our house. You also have some like me that are old enough to have been part of some of that rivalry in the 80’s etc and won’t spend a dime to to watch us play them.

So if my 30+ years of support, tickets etc don’t show up for that game, where is the casual fan to replace me. There isn’t one, it’s well established that the population base in the area isn’t set up financially or numbers wise to establish a strong walk up base, and their fans won’t come after the first one to replace me either.

And the product on the field and in the AD’s office has moved the needle backwards significantly even if there was some casual fan/population to convert to Tech in the area. TMAC is actually hurting making future fans out current students. These current and future generations question why, they won’t give/support because it’s loyalty. They paid ever higher prices for their degrees and to them that break even point is the degree.

That means playing ULM is basically a gimmick to salve the wound instead of actually cure the disease. Disagree etc, counterpoint etc, I don’t take any of this personally.

All someone needs to do is bring one friend to replace my ticket, and my wife, my dad, his wife, my mom, her husband, my step sister, and her two kids. That’s who usually comes to games with me. They come to UMass, Southern P5 etc.
    Just curious why you feel so strongly about not playing them at all under any circumstances? I don’t think it should be more often than every 10 years, but they aren’t any different than playing a team like USA or UMASS. Only difference is that we might have an above average crowd playing ULM.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    Never mind what I said here. The fact that this site logs me out far too soon and far too often screws up my posts.
    sounds like a dfu error

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if joining the Sun Belt might help attendance? I don't sense any passion to beat the teams in the West Division of CUSA (or the East really). ULM and ULL at least draws out some passion from our fans.

I would like to switch up some teams though... bring Southern Miss and North Texas and Middle Tennessee and WKU. Lose Ga State, Coastal Carolina, and Texas St (maybe others).

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

Do you want to fill up Joe Aillet? It’s easy! Win a lot! When fans expect to win or play well against quality opponents they will show up in droves! Any highly successful program can fill their stadium! Tech just hasn’t strung together enough successfully seasons to attract new fans or those that ride the fence! The crowds that come to Tech games are the same people that have been attending for the ladies 40 years!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I wonder if joining the Sun Belt might help attendance?
    I wonder if drinking battery acid might help with weight loss ...

+ Reply to Thread