+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holy Shirt, We Suck

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Holy Shirt, We Suck

What a pathetic product - time for everyone from Holtz to Rattay and Baker to be given a pink slip.

This is pathetic.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Holy Shit We Suck

Dr. Guice needs to grow a pairs to fire Tmac first since Tmac doesn’t have the ball to fire Skippy.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Won't happen. We'll continue to squeak out wins against 1-9 teams, Skippy will hem and haw, none of the reporters will ask any serious questions, and we'll be lucky to break 10k average attendance next year (25K announced).

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

I struggle with my hypocrite meter here.....I used to make fun of LSU fans who wanted to fire a coach with 10 wins a year. While we certainly don't live in THAT paradigm, I am admittedly ready to see Holtz go or be told to step it up. I never thought I'd be unhappy with a 7-3 season, but this thing is a mess. Someone can't figure out that we have a bad quarterback. Someone can't score on bad teams. Someone's product is keeping students and alumni from coming to games. If we want to be a second tier FCS school, we are well on the way.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Won't happen. We'll continue to squeak out wins against 1-9 teams, Skippy will hem and haw, none of the reporters will ask any serious questions, and we'll be lucky to break 10k average attendance next year (25K announced).
    Next years out of conference schedule includes Grambling which will help. But also includes UMASS. Any early guess on the attendance for that one?

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Nope We Don't Suck, but We Are Stuck.

The thing is we can keep doing this for years.

As reported on other websites, this is the Golden Era of Tech Football.

With the schedules we put together + feasting on the CUSA weak teams we can put together 6-9 wins a year and go bowling.

Someone asked me the other day, isn't that enough? I mean realistically we don't "suck". UTEP sucks. Rice sucks. UTSA sucks.

We aren't as bad as some G5 schools. We aren't as good as some G5 schools.

If I am honest with myself, this was never going to be our year because UAB is simply loaded with 7 year players in their mid20s, great transfers, and given tons of advantages. This season was theirs to lose. They played like it.

I think as fans we have to smart about what we want from Tech football. I think many of us would love to see Tech compete for a C-USA championship again. We would love to see that championship in Ruston. I think many of us would love to win a P5 game. I think many of us would love to be ranked. I think many of us would love to see a potent offense. (We seem to always excel at one or the other. Our teams with great offenses can't play defense and vice versa.)

I don't think we suck, but I think we are stuck. I don't know what gets us over the hump. We have all the amenities, the new and improved Joe, better facilities, but we still are stuck. Maybe it is the AD. Maybe it is the team. Maybe it is the coach. Maybe it is the style of play. There is just something about Tech right now that is off. 7-3 looking at a possible 9-3 season is not sucky.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Next years out of conference schedule includes Grambling which will help. But also includes UMASS. Any early guess on the attendance for that one?
    I have ZERO interest in going to a Grambling game, but am actually looking forward to the UMASS event ...............................

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

UAB has players down in the mid-20s? I'm surprised CUSA didn't get them Pro Bowl NFL players.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Nope We Don't Suck, but We Are Stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post

With the schedules we put together + feasting on the CUSA weak teams we can put together 6-9 wins a year and go bowling.

Someone asked me the other day, isn't that enough? I mean realistically we don't "suck". UTEP sucks. Rice sucks. UTSA sucks.

If I am honest with myself, this was never going to be our year because UAB is simply loaded with 7 year players in their mid20s, great transfers, and given tons of advantages. This season was theirs to lose. They played like it.

I think as fans we have to smart about what we want from Tech football. I think many of us would love to see Tech compete for a C-USA championship again. We would love to see that championship in Ruston. I think many of us would love to win a P5 game. I think many of us would love to be ranked. I think many of us would love to see a potent offense. (We seem to always excel at one or the other. Our teams with great offenses can't play defense and vice versa.)

I don't think we suck, but I think we are stuck. I don't know what gets us over the hump. We have all the amenities, the new and improved Joe, better facilities, but we still are stuck. Maybe it is the AD. Maybe it is the team. Maybe it is the coach. Maybe it is the style of play. There is just something about Tech right now that is off. 7-3 looking at a possible 9-3 season is not sucky.
    Good post.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Eh, what's this? Rationality? Perspective?

Meh, overrated. This is THE BB&B!

Can we go back to rending varmints and gnashing teeth now?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    rending varmints and gnashing
    labg

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't looked at their roster, but was wondering if it is filled with JC and other transfers. Is that true? What are the other advantages?

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Lots of 23 and 24 year olds at start of season and 37 seniors.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Pretty sure I heard that UGA is the youngest team in all of FBS, with 70% of their roster freshmen or sophomores. All they've done is position themselves to play for the SEC championship with the CFP on the line. Good thing Kirby Smart wasn't bothered with losing so many seniors, and juniors to the NFL, last year.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Pretty sure I heard that UGA is the youngest team in all of FBS, with 70% of their roster freshmen or sophomores. All they've done is position themselves to play for the SEC championship with the CFP on the line. Good thing Kirby Smart wasn't bothered with losing so many seniors, and juniors to the NFL, last year.
    I think someday Kirby will be the assistant who beats Saban.

+ Reply to Thread